Machu Picchu for Parking

rntr2

Used them two years ago and was very pleased with their service. You take your vehicle to their fenced in lot where you park in a covered garage. You get to keep your keys and they shuttle you to the terminal and unload your luggage for the porters. When we returned they had provided a phone number you call for pick up. They will come promptly and pick you up right at the entrance to the terminal. It was simple and we felt our vehicle was safe.

• 2 weeks later...

How much is parking at the NO cruise ship pier? I thought it was $16 a day. I looked at Machu Picchu parking and they charge $30 for the first night then $14 after that. For my upcoming 5 day cruise MP would be more expensive than parking at the pier unless they are now charging more than $16 a day.

How much is parking at the NO cruise ship pier? I thought it was $16 a day. I looked at Machu Picchu parking and they charge $30 for the first night then $14 after that. For my upcoming 5 day cruise MP would be more expensive than parking at the pier unless they are now charging more than $16 a day.

They charge $14 per day period, and it is much less hassle than using the cruise port parking.

I just looked at their website and it says $30 for the first night and then $14 after that. Do you think this is a mistake? I'd really like to try it.

The $30 fist day is only if your using them and staying at a downtown hotel and if that is your intention then by all means I would use them as hotel parking is over $20 per day and they will shuttle you to and from your hotel which also saves cab fair.

As for cruise terminal drop off, yes the porters are there to check in your luggage.

• 1 year later...

Just returned from the RCI Navigator cruise out of NOLA. Used Machu Picchu and highly recommend them. We made reservations like they suggested. On the trip to NOLA the day of the cruise, they called my cellphone to confirm we were on our way. I told him approximately what time we would arrive and when we showed up, he greeted me by name. They immediately took our luggage from our car and put it in their van. I parked the car, hopped into the van, and we were at the port within 5 minutes. For a 7 night cruise, the price was exactly $100. We gave the driver a $7 tip when he dropped us off at the cruise terminal.

After the cruise when we got back in port, I called Machu Picchu as soon as we cleared customs. The van arrived within 3 minutes of us walking outside and after another 5 minute ride, we were back in their lot. They loaded the luggage in our trunk and we were on our way home by 7:30am. Great service.

The lot is secure and completely covered. I believe the parking is just a side part of what they do. The lot doesn't look like it will hold more than 30 or 40 cars if that (I think that's why they recommend you make a reservation) but I think that's where they park all their vans and mini-buses for the tour portion of their operation. As I mentioned, I highly recommend them and will use them again next time we cruise out of NOLA.

Tim

Just returned from the RCI Navigator cruise out of NOLA. Used Machu Picchu and highly recommend them. We made reservations like they suggested. On the trip to NOLA the day of the cruise, they called my cellphone to confirm we were on our way. I told him approximately what time we would arrive and when we showed up, he greeted me by name. They immediately took our luggage from our car and put it in their van. I parked the car, hopped into the van, and we were at the port within 5 minutes. For a 7 night cruise, the price was exactly $100. We gave the driver a $7 tip when he dropped us off at the cruise terminal.

After the cruise when we got back in port, I called Machu Picchu as soon as we cleared customs. The van arrived within 3 minutes of us walking outside and after another 5 minute ride, we were back in their lot. They loaded the luggage in our trunk and we were on our way home by 7:30am. Great service.

The lot is secure and completely covered. I believe the parking is just a side part of what they do. The lot doesn't look like it will hold more than 30 or 40 cars if that (I think that's why they recommend you make a reservation) but I think that's where they park all their vans and mini-buses for the tour portion of their operation. As I mentioned, I highly recommend them and will use them again next time we cruise out of NOLA.

Tim

Thanks for the review. Will be using them in April for the first time.

Archived