Walk for the Cure?

Sandoo

St. Judes is fine by me. Dance? How does it work?

We didn't actually go to the dance (it was advertised during the afternoon on a sea day on deck). We figured they wanted our $10 (actually $20 since we bought 2 shirts/wristbands). The shirt says 'Grooving for St. Jude' or something close to that in red and blue along with a red wristband.

I wish everyone would stop doing these walks, runs, etc. for cancer awareness, what we need is cancer research, cancer cures, etc. I think everyone is aware enough.

Ike

p.s. before anyone says anything about me not caring about cancer, I lost my father to a rare cancer earlier this year, then spent my summer going through a number of tests, endoscopic procedures with biopsies and then major surgery to have a thankfully as it turned out non cancerous tumor removed.

I wish everyone would stop doing these walks, runs, etc. for cancer awareness, what we need is cancer research, cancer cures, etc. I think everyone is aware enough.

Ike

p.s. before anyone says anything about me not caring about cancer, I lost my father to a rare cancer earlier this year, then spent my summer going through a number of tests, endoscopic procedures with biopsies and then major surgery to have a thankfully as it turned out non cancerous tumor removed.

I think some of the $$ from selling the t-shirts goes to the particular group (cancer or St. Jude, etc), it's not just for awareness.

A few years ago we were on the Freedom and they had a Walk for the Cure. Do they still do this on Carnival cruises? We are on the Valor on the 24th.

Why do you feel that you have to walk in order to support the organization? Just write them a check.

DON

Ike

I believe most of the 10 goes toward research.

We typically make the donation so have a closetful of T shirts.

Archived