15 category AND cabin type Upgrade Fairy

srphnx

Cabin assignment in 4 days prior to sailing and an actual UP grade from cabin type to better cabin type. 15 category up move but really from an inside to an outside unobstructed.

We went from an "M" to a "DD". Obviously we are happy with the move although as the crow flies it is only a deck and about 60' we do get a free window and a port view. We would have been very happy with our plaza deck M too, the key to booking a GTY is to know that the fairy is fickle.

My wife says it is because we made elite this cruise, perhaps it was. I suspect we just got lucky and are grateful for it.

The cabin is one of those on deck 8 (emerald) that faces the Promenade walkway people use during the day so eyes front those of you who don't like to see a man of girth dressing for the day. If you do look, you won't do it a second time. :D

Congrats. Some people don't like cabins on a Promenade but it's never bothered me. I just make sure I don't have a light on and the curtains open. If they look, it could put them off peeking in windows for the rest of their lives. :)

The windows on those particular cabins are one-way mirrors so people can't see into them unless they're specifically looking into them (and even then, there's curtains if you have concerns about that.) After dark, the forward part of the Promenade deck gets closed off to passengers, so people (with the possible exception of some crew) shouldn't be outside there at that time.

Congrats. Some people don't like cabins on a Promenade but it's never bothered me. I just make sure I don't have a light on and the curtains open. If they look, it could put them off peeking in windows for the rest of their lives. :)

LOL, Pam. I have the same philosophy. ;)

Archived