Fed taxes/fees

apdchief

Just got off the phone with Carnival and I guess I learned a lesson, although if it is true I don't think it is fair.

I had a price drop of $40.00 on an upcoming cruise and submitted the form. Just got the approval back and my cruise total went up $9.83. I though there was some kind of mistake, so I called and according to them the cruise rate went down $40.00, but the Federal Tax/Fees went up $49.83. To me this doesn't seem right. I would be bull**** except that my cruise price dropped again yesterday and even with the tax it is $60.00 less.

Has this happened to anyone else. Does anyone know what the taxes and fees are based on? I guess the moral of the story is to check the bottom line and not just the cruise rate!!

Iv had to pay the increase in fees and taxes (its not federal taxes .. you misunderstood). the add on taxes are fees and taxes associated with the ports and such, taxes on the port fees (port fees are included in your cruisefare but not the taxes).

thats why the taxes are fixed, they are not federal taxes that are a percentage.

Would you rather run the chance of being charged once onboard? I know my TA subtracted out the increase and I just got the difference in the price drop, not the whole price drop.

The policy on this does seem to vary .. as many policies on carnival.

Archived