Latitudes question

Beaver1975

Well, well, well...and a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Oh..and we say that often, and every year, repeatedly :D "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year"!

How often do you plan to post this same exact thing. We get it already that you are not impressed with the Latitudes program. *shakes head*

Well, well, well...and a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Oh..and we say that often, and every year, repeatedly :D "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year"!

That well,well,well sounds like you might be a fan of R.L. Burnside.

Been trying for weeks to get my Latitidues rewards updated...4 phone calls, 3 emails including one today...next up emailing Kevin ;)

For weeks! :eek:

The new program was only officially announced FIVE DAYS ago!

Unless you are cruising in the next few weeks I think a little patience in in order.

How often do you plan to post this same exact thing. We get it already that you are not impressed with the Latitudes program. *shakes head*

From what I can tell twice...Is there a limit ?????????

It had nothing to do with the NEW program.

Old program wasn't called Latitude Rewards, that's what confused us. I take it you must have missing cruises? Have you sent them proof of them? Maybe you have duplicate Latitude numbers? Care to tell us the problem?

It had nothing to do with the NEW program.

I am in the same position everything was in my history and my past guest number was correct. They now have a new past guest number assigned to me. I am thinking one they get my number right I will be okay.

Old program wasn't called Latitude Rewards, that's what confused us. I take it you must have missing cruises? Have you sent them proof of them? Maybe you have duplicate Latitude numbers? Care to tell us the problem?

We have 3 cruises missing, one for 1992 and 2 from 2007. yes we did sent them proof ( booking #'s and dates), no duplicate #'s. today I talked to someone on their 800 number who had no clue what I was talking about ( not a problem, cause I know they were busy) after speaking to this very nice lady, I decided to call back later. When I call back another very nice lady took down all my info again and said she would email Latitudes again, may take a few days...not a problem for me. was just wondering if any one else had the same problem. And no I will not be emailing Kevin:D

How do you know what you are. I have a 7 day and a 9 day, both in oceanview cabins if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

You have 16 points (Bronze). It only makes a difference if you were in a Suite as you get an extra point per night.

You have to go to www.ncl.com Click on Log In to My NCL. (or register if you have not done so before) Once logged in, click on My Account. And then click Latitude Rewards. You then click on Cruise History to see your previous sailings.

TierPointsBronze1-19 pointsSilver20-47 pointsGold48-75 pointsPlatinum76+ points

You have 16 points (Bronze). It only makes a difference if you were in a Suite as you get an extra point per night.

You also get extra points for:

-booking more than 9 months out

-booking a Latitude Insider Offer

Even with an Inside/Oceanview you could get 21 points on a 7-day....or am I missing something?

We have 3 cruises missing, one for 1992 and 2 from 2007. yes we did sent them proof ( booking #'s and dates), no duplicate #'s. today I talked to someone on their 800 number who had no clue what I was talking about ( not a problem, cause I know they were busy) after speaking to this very nice lady, I decided to call back later. When I call back another very nice lady took down all my info again and said she would email Latitudes again, may take a few days...not a problem for me. was just wondering if any one else had the same problem. And no I will not be emailing Kevin:D

We have the same problems I am awaiting an email back. They have us both at 0 points and we should be at 63 and 49. They had it right a few months ago but screwed up when they changed Lat programs.

You also get extra points for:

-booking more than 9 months out

-booking a Latitude Insider Offer

Even with an Inside/Oceanview you could get 21 points on a 7-day....or am I missing something?

You can now and in the future but unless they just completed the cruise since the new program started on Dec 5, only # of nights and # of suite nights counted for the conversion over to the new Latitude Rewards Program. Since the poster did not say they just got back it is assumed that both of their cruises were in the past and therefore since it is an OV they would have 9 plus 7 points = 16 total points.

You can now and in the future but unless they just completed the cruise since the new program started on Dec 5, only # of nights and # of suite nights counted for the conversion over to the new Latitude Rewards Program. Since the poster did not say they just got back it is assumed that both of their cruises were in the past and therefore since it is an OV they would have 9 plus 7 points = 16 total points.

Sorry I thought the poster meant a 7 day and 9 day booked and not sailed yet. :o I don't know why I thought that.....just one of those days. :o

I received a reply from the NCL Latitude Desk answering my query on the 9-month in advance booking:

"Thank you for contacting the Latitudes Rewards Desk. Please note that all future cruises taken after the implementation date (Dec. 5, 2011) of our newly enhanced Latitudes program will receive credit for booking at least nine months in advance.

For the conversion, each cruise you've taken prior to December 5, 2011 has been counted as a point per night and each night in a suite booked at full fare is an additional point per night. The points for booking at least nine months prior to departure and booking with a Latitudes Insider Offer was not part of the initial conversion for the program."

So it is quite clear that the 9-month rule is based on the DEPARTURE DATE of the cruise, meaning if you booked your Jan 12 cruise in March 11 you will have the extra points. Hope this helps to clarify any uncertainty. :)

Archived