Cabin 9318 on Freedom of the Seas

Tinkers70

Hi all

We've booked an eastern cruise on Freedom of the Seas in October next year.

This is our first ever cruise and we're sooooo excited about it.

We have booked cabin no. 9318 and just want to know if this was a good choice?

I'll probably be on with loads more questions on the lead up to our cruise so be aware lol:D

Hi all

We've booked an eastern cruise on Freedom of the Seas in October next year.

This is our first ever cruise and we're sooooo excited about it.

We have booked cabin no. 9318 and just want to know if this was a good choice?

I'll probably be on with loads more questions on the lead up to our cruise so be aware lol:D

Category D1 is a very good choice. The only thing I see is that it's a connecting room. 9340/9640, if available would be better. (See LOS link in signature for pics of a D1)

That room connects with 9316. Are you sailing with the people in that room? I would check on the placement of the connecting door. It might mean that you only get a single chair instead of a sofa. Other than that, it looks like a nice room.

Oh right, thanks for that information about it being a connecting room. We aren't travelling with anyone else who would be in this other room. I guess we would need a sofa in our cabin rather than just a chair as there will be me, my husband on 2 kids (14 & 9) in our cabin

Category D1 is a very good choice. The only thing I see is that it's a connecting room. 9340/9640, if available would be better. (See LOS link in signature for pics of a D1)

What CroozeAddict is telling you is your room is great but the 'hump' cabins are a better location. It looks like there are actually four D1 cabins on Deck 9's hump for that cruise. You should be able to call if you haven't made final payment and change rooms because they are in the same category. If you look on the Freedom's deck plans you'll see 9340, 9342, 9640, and 9642 are all available. If you booked through a travel agent you may have to call them. If not, call direct. Even if you can't get those rooms, you did fine and will have a great time.;)

What CroozeAddict is telling you is your room is great but the 'hump' cabins are a better location. It looks like there are actually four D1 cabins on Deck 9's hump for that cruise. You should be able to call if you haven't made final payment and change rooms because they are in the same category. If you look on the Freedom's deck plans you'll see 9340, 9342, 9640, and 9642 are all available. If you booked through a travel agent you may have to call them. If not, call direct. Even if you can't get those rooms, you did fine and will have a great time.;)

Thank you

We booked through a local travel agent so will pop into town and speak to them during the week.

If they can't change us then we'll just stick to what we've got. I suppose because it's our first cruise we don't know any better anyway so i'm sure we'll still have a fab time:)

Hump cabin 9640 is showing available and I know it was mentioned earlier together with 9642 which we sailed in during our last Freedom cruise in 2009.

We prefer a hump cabin if possible as they are so close to the elevators, but there is no noise despite people passing by.

There are photos of this cabin, just follow the link under my signature for the Freedom 2009 sailing.

Whatever you decide you'll have a fantastic time on Freedom, this class of ship is our favourite.

• 10 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd take a chance and see if the original poster is still around. Did you (or anyone else reading this) stay in this cabin? Was the connecting door a problem? Was the bed near the balcony? Did it have a sofa or a chair? Thanks!

edit: I see you have just started a review of the trip. Can't wait to read all about it!

I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd take a chance and see if the original poster is still around. Did you (or anyone else reading this) stay in this cabin? Was the connecting door a problem? Was the bed near the balcony? Did it have a sofa or a chair? Thanks!

edit: I see you have just started a review of the trip. Can't wait to read all about it!

Hi there:)

We decided to keep the cabin in the end and didn't have any problems what so ever. There was a connecting door but it didn't cause us any problems. The room attendant just pushed the glass table against it.

There was 4 of us staying in this cabin and we had plenty of room and wouldn't hesitate to book this cabin again:D

Archived