Booked another RCI Cruise....

av8tr21

and haven't even taken my first one yet! I am graduating from USC in Columbia on Monday (Go Cocks!), and we decided to do a cruise this year for Christmas. Parents have sailed RCI before but my brothers or I have not. My friends in SC and I started a tradition last May where we take a cruise together once a year. Planning said cruise (my job) is extremely difficult with everyone's schedules. We were originally going on the Carnival Paradise in May, then the Destiny in March/April, and now have booked RCI Jewel of the Seas in March. I was able to snag two cabins almost next door, 1 being the last triple in the M category on Deck 8. The cabins are 8005 and 8009, both interior. We're all in our twenties and would rather spend the money saved elsewhere. Not to mention the Jewel looks a WHOLE lot nicer than the Paradise and Destiny. Just wanted to share.....now gotta go pack as we're leaving for Columbia in the morning. Might just wear my cap and gown for fun today :rolleyes: Can you tell I'm excited :cool:

Congratulations on Graduation. Enjoy your cruise with RCCI you will not be sorry you booked with them.:)

Thanks! Have you sailed on a Radiance class ship before? I've been researching and reading, but it seems the Freedom class and Oasis/Allure are the talk of the town on here...I'm not letting the opinions about the Monarch bother me too much. People don't have too many nice things to say about Carnival's Fantasy-class ships whereas I think they are great! I would say 80% of the cruising experience is what you make of it.

Thanks! Have you sailed on a Radiance class ship before? I've been researching and reading, but it seems the Freedom class and Oasis/Allure are the talk of the town on here...I'm not letting the opinions about the Monarch bother me too much. People don't have too many nice things to say about Carnival's Fantasy-class ships whereas I think they are great! I would say 80% of the cruising experience is what you make of it.

I have sailed on both the Monarch AND Radiance. I loved both ship very much :) You will enjoy both cruises I think.

Congrats your graduation and enjoy your cruises!

and haven't even taken my first one yet! I am graduating from USC in Columbia on Monday (Go Cocks!), and we decided to do a cruise this year for Christmas. Parents have sailed RCI before but my brothers or I have not. My friends in SC and I started a tradition last May where we take a cruise together once a year. Planning said cruise (my job) is extremely difficult with everyone's schedules. We were originally going on the Carnival Paradise in May, then the Destiny in March/April, and now have booked RCI Jewel of the Seas in March. I was able to snag two cabins almost next door, 1 being the last triple in the M category on Deck 8. The cabins are 8005 and 8009, both interior. We're all in our twenties and would rather spend the money saved elsewhere. Not to mention the Jewel looks a WHOLE lot nicer than the Paradise and Destiny. Just wanted to share.....now gotta go pack as we're leaving for Columbia in the morning. Might just wear my cap and gown for fun today :rolleyes: Can you tell I'm excited :cool:

You got it right, Go Cocks. Enjoy all your cruises. Congratulations!!

Archived