KUDOS to NCL "Lost and Found" (11/26/11 Epic) !!!

Tom-n-Cheryl

Glad you got your bags back! I am a bit absent minded and have lost about 3 handbags, never had 1 returned :( I have had my mobile phone returned though and I have always handed in anything I have found, but not everyone is that honest, you were very very lucky!

Can I just say something about what happened on our cruise too because it might help anyone else avoid making a stupid mistake like we did, we left some photos from the dolphin excursion on the sideboard in the cabin, but my mum left them on top of a tray and the room steward cleaned the room and threw them away! we searched everywhere and realised that the tray was gone and so were the photos. Always use the safe. lesson learned.

its nice to know ncl will return your stuff, my daughter left a brand new mobile phone in our hotel room, and on the way to the airport realised, we didnt have time to go back so i called the hotel and explained we had JUST checked out 5 mins ago and the phone is in the room under her pillow. they said no problem they will check.... well the theiveing liars told me an hr later sorry they did not find her phone!!! We were very upset as many photos were on that phone we can never replace, and we know for a fact where we left it but had to board our flight and leave it behind. Always double check befor leaving the room , another lesson learned the hard way by me. Or maybe always tip the maid, so she doesnt have to steal:rolleyes: anyway, lesson learned

Congratulations Tom & Cheryl on such a wonderful outcome to your misfortune!

No, I did not think you were too long winded at all!

Our good friends are sailing on EPIC this coming Sunday in an Owner's Suite.

We have considered trying out NCL now that they sail out of Tampa and PC,, however, and I am hoping you can provide some feedback here, I have read that unless you can afford to book a suite the basic balcony rooms are very small and the bathroom are tiny. A suite is not in the budget for us, but we do enjoy spending time in our room and on the balcony to get away for some quiet time.........what are your thoughts.

You are going to love Alaska it is just amazing!

Susan

Forgot to mention that it looks like they have removed your thread on the Carnival message board as I could not access it this morning, yet I read it all last evening.........pretty sad if true.

Susan

Yep, it looks like it was deleted.

Tom, you asked me why I didn't want to sail on Epic and I did answer but I don't know if you saw the answer before the thread was pulled. My reason is a personal one and has nothing to do with how Epic looks. I was stationed on an aircraft carrier while in the Navy and do not want to sail with that many people ever again. (Of course if I could sail during the off season with the ship 3/4 full then I might consider it.)

The other point that I made is that it seems that NCL has priced itself out of my reach in that in the cruises that I've looked at the competion offers something for substantially less or a better itinerary for the same price. That saddens me because I really like NCL, but I like my bank account better;).

I left my iPhone (back when they were still pretty new) up by the rock climbing wall on the Gem. My then seven year old had gotten scared and I just put the phone down on the lounger.

It took me a couple of hours to realize it was missing because I was just using it for photos. It was waiting for me at lost and found!

I second that NCL goes far and above all other cruise lines I have been on (HAL, Celebrity and Carnival) in their meet and greets and attention from ship's officers.

I understand what you mean about crowds. Have a look at THIS link to a Travelocity page which gives the Space Ratio of many ships. It will give you an idea of how crowded they may "feel".

BTW - the inside and balcony cabins I booked for this sailing were not what I would consider "out of the norm" for a 7 night cruise on a new ship... something like $599 and $699 respectively.

Tom

I don't doubt what you say about the prices, but it appears that for the cruises out of the northeast (which are in driving range for me) NCL is priced higher than the competition, and I do get that it's part of the market. But $2100 more is a very substantial difference in price for comparable accomadations.

The other side of the coin is if we decide to fly (which is only now becoming a viable option) then the competition offers comparable prices for more attractive itinteraries (which I understand is a result of having more ships available) (around $2400 for two insides with NCL on a Western Caribbean cruise or $2400 for two insides with a competitor on a Southern Caribbean cruise). (And I forgot to say that it's not just the Epic that I don't want to sail on, it's any of the mega-ships.)

... But $2100 more is a very substantial difference in price for comparable accomadations.

Understood -- that is not a minor difference. For that money, you could fly to Vegas, see the Blue Man Group, and still have a few $'s left over!

Tom

lol im kidding.... knowng my luck I would probably be the one who lost your bag! and then i'd be fired :eek: unless you are an understanding boss as well as very generous. they are so lucky to be employed by you ;)

I have yet to throw things around the office... ;)

Tom

Tom, there are so many negative posts on CC lately, thanks so much for posting this story, I am so glad things turned out good for you and Cheryl.

I really loved that you got that great personal response from NCL, wow what a difference. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that on CCL.

Keep up the informative posts, I for one appreciate your posts, they are always informative and deal with your experience while cruising, and trying to share info with others, which is what I THOUGHT CC was for, those who think they are long winded <shrug> I guess I'm not sure why, you told a complete story, it was a bit of a longer one.

Carole

... those who think they are long winded <shrug> I guess I'm not sure why, you told a complete story, it was a bit of a longer one.

Carole

Thanks.

My (sometimes unnecessary) details are there to give background or frame the situation. I would rather do that than to leave some with gaps in the story. We know all too well how people, if left to their own, can come to the wrong conclusions. You can see that every day here! :eek:

Tom

Tom, there are so many negative posts on CC lately, thanks so much for posting this story, I am so glad things turned out good for you and Cheryl.

I really loved that you got that great personal response from NCL, wow what a difference. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that on CCL.

Keep up the informative posts, I for one appreciate your posts, they are always informative and deal with your experience while cruising, and trying to share info with others, which is what I THOUGHT CC was for, those who think they are long winded <shrug> I guess I'm not sure why, you told a complete story, it was a bit of a longer one.

Carole

agree! keep the long winded posts coming we dont mind them!

Thanks.

My (sometimes unnecessary) details are there to give background or frame the situation. I would rather do that than to leave some with gaps in the story. We know all too well how people, if left to their own, can come to the wrong conclusions. You can see that every day here! :eek:

Tom

None of the details were unnecessary. If you hadn't posted all those details, you'd have been hit with a dozen questions aside from people jumping to the wrong conclusions.

Wonder why the other thread was removed??

Carole

I just want to echo this..I can't improve on the comments.

Tom, please forgive me, if you remember, for a stupid talk on "tp" way way back..I can't believe I even got involved in that...

I do see some/many nice people on Carnival thread determined to stop the snarkiness...it is better than when i joined here but oh still it is sad..i think the whole reason for CC was to meet and debate all things cruising and travel issue related in a fun way and to share and make travel friends... and obviously an advertise all that is out there forum...it is just so big and hard to police I suppose...anyway I LOVE your knowledge, details, all the photos of the big big cabins, the way you write..just everything...and best to Cheryl..and I just love this lost and found story..Sarah

None of the details were unnecessary. If you hadn't posted all those details, you'd have been hit with a dozen questions aside from people jumping to the wrong conclusions.

Probably a pre-emptive strike because it was going to go south in a hurry.

Tom, please forgive me, if you remember, for a stupid talk on "tp" way way back..I can't believe I even got involved in that...

I do see some/many nice people on Carnival thread determined to stop the snarkiness...it is better than when i joined here but oh still it is sad..i think the whole reason for CC was to meet and debate all things cruising and travel issue related in a fun way and to share and make travel friends... and obviously an advertise all that is out there forum...it is just so big and hard to police I suppose...anyway I LOVE your knowledge, details, all the photos of the big big cabins, the way you write..just everything...and best to Cheryl..and I just love this lost and found story..Sarah

Posting a negative comparision on CCL's board with a different cruise line (especially if it's NCL) is like walking into a biker bar and comparing a Harley with a Honda:eek:. I don't understand why some people are so defensive but I doubt anything that is said will change them.

Not really... :eek:

Thanks.

Regarding the TP thread(s)... well... some things rub people the wrong way. ;) :D

Tom

Not really... :eek:

Thanks.

Regarding the TP thread(s)... well... some things rub people the wrong way. ;) :D

Tom

LMAO..thanks..and I can worry about little things forever, see it NEW way later etc...LOL..sarah

Posting a negative comparision on CCL's board with a different cruise line (especially if it's NCL) is like walking into a biker bar and comparing a Harley with a Honda:eek:. I don't understand why some people are so defensive but I doubt anything that is said will change them.

LOL...good way with words...my three cars have been a VW Rabbit, a Nissan Maxima, and current Dodge Stratus..long runs with each..enjoyed equally...LoL I did have a friend go through a marraige crisis and start with the one bike and move to the big one..LOL and I live in Harley in the national parks vacation country..LOL..Sarah

... I don't understand why some people are so defensive but I doubt anything that is said will change them.

LOL - I suppose that along with POLITICS and RELIGION, we should add CRUISE CRITIC to the list of things which should not be discussed in certain company! :D

It would be nice if more people were open to (at least the idea of) change.

I M A G I N E

Tom

True. Funny how if you have a problem with another line and post it on CCL's boards, it remains.

I totally understand why Tom did it. After cruising (and loving) CCL for so long, is it no wonder when he and Cheryl cruise another line that they would make comparisons throughout their sailing to the line they spent so much time on?? I only have 10 CCL cruises, but they are the majority of my cruises so, every other line I sail, I compare to them.

Heck, I even am now comparing CCL to the CCL (of old)....when the line was run by Bob D and things were far different.

The response here from K. Sheehan allows us to see that a company can only be as good as it's head. If the head guy is that fabulous, it stands to reason the company will reflect that. I know my experiences on NCL certainly do. I hope they continue doing what they're doing because it works :)

Archived