First time cruising with baby question????

TJACord

We're going on the Majesty to Bermuda the end of May.We have a fifteen month old baby. Since we're not allowwed to bring milk or juice on board how are we going to get milk & juice for the baby? I just wondered how other people have handled this. I can't imagine everytime I need a bottle of milk or juice I'll have to go looking for a restaurant to fill up.

Where did you see that you couldn't bring milk or juice on board? I've never brought milk but I've brought juice before. Thanks.

By the way...welcome to the board!

Cecilia

I can be contacted at *****@aol.com

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;10;02;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

My Wedding!

You can bring them on board but may not be able to take them off in Bermuda. Sealed(and ultra pasteurized) containers of milk and juice are no problem. People pring on soda and juice all the time with no problem. We brought a case of snapple on with no problem. If someone gives you a hard time with these when boarding just hand them the baby that should make them take notice icon_smile.gif

Thanks for bringing up this subject. My friend has two children, ages 4 and 1. Never cruised before. They don't want a balcony cabin because of the four year old. Where will the crib sit in the cabin? Will it completely block off the way to the bathroom?

They are thinking about the STAR.

Thanks.

Thanks so much for all the suggestions. My son drinks alot of milk & I was just thinking , wow what a pain to have to chase a bottle down everytime you need one. Tak, I had the same concerns about the crib & not enough room. They assure me it will fit fine. I certainly hope so!!

Hi TJACORD,

We have sailed with my kid's on all 9 of our cruises, they were from the age of 6 week's old to 13 months old and each time we did it was no bother at all. Of cause with the 6 week old we had to bring formula with us but when we sailed with the 13 month old we got all the milk and juice he needed whenever he needed it. So have fun and enjoy, you wont be sorry you took him, we arent icon_biggrin.gif

SAL

I have no milk or juice advice-but I have packing advice.

We packed our daughter's clothes for each day in a separate ziplock bag complete with diaper, socks and matching hairbows. Then I wrote on the bag which shoes went with it & if it was intended for a certain shore excursion etc. I also did this for evenings & labeled which bag was for which evening. It made it easy for anyone(Husband-hint hint) to get her dressed during that post swim/beach day to formal dinner. Obviously the beautiful princess dresses did not get crunched into the ziplock bag-but you can write on the bag containing that night's acesories which dress/shoes go with them. I actually still do this for my 13 year old son, but with 2 gallon ziplock bags. I think he is color blind icon_smile.gif

have a great trip.

Ilene

Hi TGACORD

When we sailed we also took along one of those folding strollers and believe me it came in very handy when we were on board. The little guy would even sleep in it while we went to the shows and try to get to the shows early to get a seat near the door, just in case the baby starts fussing you can just walk out without bothering anyone. It work for us, by the way i now have 5 son's and we are sailing on the Dawn out of NYC this Aug 22, 2004 icon_cool.gif

SAL

Archived