Ruby drydock

NauticalOne

Hello all, the DW and I were out on Ruby last week and had an absolutley great time. The crew, ship, food and weather were all great (seas a little rough the final sea day, but no big deal). I heard she is going into drydock real soon (maybe even next week) and was curious if anyone knows where she does that. I am assuming it is somewhere on the east coast, but doubt it is near Fort Lauderdale. Just curious.

-Glenn

The drydock is in the Bahamas - per Ron Goodman - Cruise Director on the Crown this past week and moving over to the Ruby.

Yes, she sails later sunday afternoon to Freeport, Bahamas where she will

be dry docked probably sometime monday.

Probably ...possibly one hell of a party for some workers sunday night as

they could be given the "run" of the ship at the discretion of the captain.

My DD Geneviève, Princess singer on board told me that, this morning while talking to her.

Why is she going to dry dock?!?:)
All ships go into dry or wet dock every 2-3 years. It's like taking your car in for a tune-up and detailing. They scrape and re-paint the bottom of the ship, clean the propellers and thrusters, perform maintenance on the engines, update navigational, operational and entertainment electronics, etc. The buffet usually gets new carpeting and sprucing up, deep clean the cabin carpeting, that sort of stuff.

All ships go into dry or wet dock every 2-3 years. It's like taking your car in for a tune-up and detailing. They scrape and re-paint the bottom of the ship, clean the propellers and thrusters, perform maintenance on the engines, update navigational, operational and entertainment electronics, etc. The buffet usually gets new carpeting and sprucing up, deep clean the cabin carpeting, that sort of stuff.

Thanks for the info. As you can see I am on this ship later this month.

It will be so nice to be on the Ruby so soon after her drydock.

I see you a lot on the boards. You certainly are a font of information on lots of things.

Archived