Alaska 2006 - Anyone Heard Anything Yet?

LEtue

I just checked the alternate website that usually puts prospective itineraries up way before fares are published. Alaska for 2006 is still not listed.

My TA had told me mid to late April but Alaska is usually last to come up.

Some years I haven't seen them until late June.

So we'll wait.....

GN

I too am anxiously waiting that Alaska 2006 itineraries, we are hoping that the Amsterdam is doing the 7 day round trip out of Seattle again. I want to book a cruise for 2006 soon but really want to see what will happen for the Alaska itineraries.

Holland America Line is currently in the process of migrating to a brand new, revolutionary reservations system. It is quite an exciting process. Alaska 2006, however, will be the first newly-launched product for this system and Alaska 2006 will be available once this system is in place. Don't think that this means that it will take forever, though, as the process is coming along at lightning speed!

Exciting news for Alaska 2006 to me : Zuiderdam from Vancouver, BC (I FINALLY get to see and photograph her!, if not before . . . ) and THREE HAL ships from Seattle (Westerdam, Oosterdam, and Zaandam!)

Holland America Line is currently in the process of migrating to a brand new, revolutionary reservations system. It is quite an exciting process. Alaska 2006, however, will be the first newly-launched product for this system and Alaska 2006 will be available once this system is in place. Don't think that this means that it will take forever, though, as the process is coming along at lightning speed!

Exciting news for Alaska 2006 to me : Zuiderdam from Vancouver, BC (I FINALLY get to see and photograph her!, if not before . . . ) and THREE HAL ships from Seattle (Westerdam, Oosterdam, and Zaandam!)

Thanks for the great information! I've been going CRAZY waiting for cabins to open for Alaska '06. I'm currently debating between Princess and HAL. There's a potential group cruise for July on Princess...if the price is right...if not, we're coming back to HAL I believe...but looking for a one-way so we can see more of Alaska this time around!

I wish HAL would hurry up about it! (Patience was never my strong suit.)

I'd really like to book next year's Alaska cruise while on my cruise this summer. But first I gotta know what to book! Since I'll be taking the older grandgirl this decision isn't as easy as usual. I need to consider what a teenage girl wants/needs, as well as schedules, itineraries, shore excursions, and (oh, yeah) cost.

Thought it might be a good idea to consult her parents, too. :rolleyes:

Did HAL have to put all the S-class ships on the same route? :mad:

THREE HAL ships from Seattle (Westerdam, Oosterdam, and Zaandam!)

Does this mean that you think there will only be 3 ships going out of Seattle fir 2006? I really want to take a S Class or R Class out of Seattle on a 7 day. Will not take Westerdam, and we did Oosterdam last year out of Seattle and taking her again this October so do not want to repeat her again. Really wanted to take the Amsterdam but would do the Zaandam if she is a 7 day.

How quickly do you think this info will be out??

Not soon enough! Lots of us are looking for Alaska itineraries to consider for 2006. It would be nice to have something to look at while we're on the Zaandam next month ... but that's highly doubtful. We probably will when sailing the Prinsendam in August, but that may be too late to snag what we want. (sigh!) Guess we'll just have to wait for the I.T. folks to finish that fancy-schmancy booking system installation.

We are hoping to see more Sitka and Skagway itineraries, why always Ketchikan and Juneau .....????? (Note to HAL Scheduling Gods!).....;) Anxiously waiting here too as the kids want to do Alaska next year!:cool:

I wish HAL would hurry up about it! (Patience was never my strong suit.)

I'd really like to book next year's Alaska cruise while on my cruise this summer. But first I gotta know what to book! Since I'll be taking the older grandgirl this decision isn't as easy as usual. I need to consider what a teenage girl wants/needs, as well as schedules, itineraries, shore excursions, and (oh, yeah) cost.

Thought it might be a good idea to consult her parents, too. :rolleyes:

Did HAL have to put all the S-class ships on the same route? :mad:

Well it's better to take sufficient time in getting the system up and running versus have many malfunctions, lost bookings, errors, etc.

Does this mean that you think there will only be 3 ships going out of Seattle fir 2006? I really want to take a S Class or R Class out of Seattle on a 7 day. Will not take Westerdam, and we did Oosterdam last year out of Seattle and taking her again this October so do not want to repeat her again. Really wanted to take the Amsterdam but would do the Zaandam if she is a 7 day.

The three ships sailing out of Seattle are in ADDITION to those sailing from Vancouver :

Volendam & Zuiderdam (r/t Alaska 7 Days)

Statendam, Veendam, Ryndam (north & southbound Alaska Gulf 7 Days)

The three ships sailing out of Seattle are in ADDITION to those sailing from Vancouver :

Volendam & Zuiderdam (r/t Alaska 7 Days)

Statendam, Veendam, Ryndam (north & southbound Alaska Gulf 7 Days)

Hi Steve!

My family sailed with you back in May 2000 aboard the Splendour :) Hope you are doing well in your new position!

Can you tell us if the itineraries for the ships are set? Just wondering which ships are including Glacier Bay next year....

Linda

Well it's better to take sufficient time in getting the system up and running versus have many malfunctions, lost bookings, errors, etc.

They could make the brochures available without the computer system up and running. We had brochures long before we had computers, after all. Since HAL already knows the ships/routes/dates it should be a simple matter to publish them so folks can get on with what's important---picking cruises to book!

Volendam sailings visit Glacier Bay, Tracy Arm, and Sawyer Glaciers

Zuiderdam sailings visit Glacier Bay, Tracy Arm, and Sawyer Glaciers

Oosterdam sailings from Seattle visit Hubbard Glacier & Yakutat Bay, and Stevens Passage

Westerdam sailings from Seattle visit Hubbard Glacier

Zaandam sailings from Seattle visit Glacier Bay (and Stevens Passage)

Statendam sailings alternate between Glacier Bay & Hubbard Glacier

Ryndam & Veendam sailings visit Glacier Bay National Park

Hi Steve!

My family sailed with you back in May 2000 aboard the Splendour :) Hope you are doing well in your new position!

Can you tell us if the itineraries for the ships are set? Just wondering which ships are including Glacier Bay next year....

Linda

Linda : I remember hearing from you previously - thanks for saying "Hello" ! . . . I hope that all is going well with you and your family . .

You'll notice that I STILL have that review on my site (Splendour) -- I guess it was just THAT great of a trip!

Linda : I remember hearing from you previously - thanks for saying "Hello" ! . . . I hope that all is going well with you and your family . .

You'll notice that I STILL have that review on my site (Splendour) -- I guess it was just THAT great of a trip!

It was a great trip and I still go to your site to view the pictures! Hope you like Seattle and thanks for the info!. I'm planning on Alaska in 2006 so maybe I'll be able to stop and say "hi" or find you on the same ship!

Linda

Here is a brief description of Sawyer Glacier found on google. A lot of ships sailing RT from Seattle include it on the itinerary.

Sawyer Glacier

Though it's not as well known as Glacier Bay, some naturalists claim Sawyer Glacier is even more spectacular. Located in the Tracy Arm Fjord framed by 7,000-foot-high snowcapped mountains, Sawyer Glacier boasts an impressive list of wildlife: black and brown bears, deer, wolves and moose. Even mountain goats, which usually keep to higher elevations, have been seen near its base.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived