Sun?'s!

mommiemudd

Ok, we have been on 4 NCL cruises but its been 4 years since our last one. So, I have some ?'s!! Thanks in advance for your help!!

1. Can u still go to your room as soon as you board?

2. Are beach towels still free for the taking or do you have to check them out like on other cruise lines?

3. On embarkation day, is the MDR open for lunch?

4. How far in advance do they assign your cabin on a GTY?

5. DO they still have those yummu souffles in the MDR?

6. First cruise ever was on the Sun back in 2003! What changes have been made? Still a nice ship?

2. Are beach towels still free for the taking or do you have to check them out like on other cruise lines?

6. First cruise ever was on the Sun back in 2003! What changes have been made? Still a nice ship?

1. Our cabin was ready about 2pm. Unless you are in a suite and then sorry I can't help you, but have heard they may be ready to be able to drop off bags before that. It will be announced over the PA when they are ready and the 2 ships I have been on had a drop off for your carryons.

2. Beach towels will be in your cabin for your cruise.

3. One of the MDR's should be open for lunch. Check your daily before you board for which one. Our friends were told that there wasn't one open when they asked a couple of the girls onboard who were directing them to the buffet. Their daily said there was but they didn't think to look there.

4. Sorry can't help, I've never booked one but I have read, anywhere from just after you book till day of sail (latter appearing rare by most posts that I've read on here).

5 & 6. Don't know sorry.

Ok, we have been on 4 NCL cruises but its been 4 years since our last one. So, I have some ?'s!! Thanks in advance for your help!!

Your cabin will not be ready until 1:30 or 2 p.m. An announcement will be made when they are ready. In the meantime, enjoy lunch either at the buffet, the Great Outdoors or one of the main dining rooms (I think Seven Seas is the one that is open. If not try, the Four Seasons.

I have booked two guarantees before with NCL -- one the cabin was assigned the next day. The other I am still waiting.

Great souffles are available.

Can't tell you what changes have been made since 2003. Our voyages were in 2009 and this past June. Thought the Sun was in great shape both times. Most recently she had undergone dry dock last January. Love that ship.

Great souffles are available.

We just returned from a 10-day cruise on the Jade. I was surprised that souffle was only available on one day in the MDR, and it was coconut, no less. Yuck! They must have changed their menus recently because souffles used to be far more common, IMHO.

Thanks for the replies! What are you allowed to bring onboard as far as soda, water and wine go?

You can bring soda and bottled water aboard without a problem. You'll have to pay a corkage fee got any wine you bring aboard and the fee depends upon the size of the bottle. The only limitation on wine is they don't allow boxed wine aboard.

Archived