New Past Guest program on Carnival - NCL just changed theirs...

Tom-n-Cheryl

Wow substantially better than the Carnival one.

Only problem for us it took quite a few years to reach platinum and ifwe start going to other destinations that Caribbean will probably go to all the other cruise lines so probably will never get to platinum on another line.icon9.gif

Except folks like me who only book inside cabins.

Of course I understand inside cabins are not typical for Cruise Critic posters.

Oh you'd be surprised! ;)

Quite a number of folks in here appreciate that being stuck in traffic in a Mercedes or a Yugo

is still stuck in the same darned traffic.

Inside cabin people just don't boast about all the money they save.

I wonder what made them choose 9 months. I wonder what % of their cruisers book that far out (or more)? Our first one with them was only perhaps 3 months out, and our next one close to 9. Hey, now I need to go and check! :)

Tom

Make that 10.5 months... now let's see if I can get the "proper" credit!!

Tom

Well - I have my answer as to why I did not receive extra credit for our 11/26/11 sailing, and I didn't even need to call and pester anyone. I found it on their website (isn't that refreshing)!!

i-2SxXtvM-L.jpg

It's always the fine print --- but for past sailings, you only receive additional points based on nights and category... so even though it was booked 9+ months in advance, it does not count. I can live with that!

Tom

Quite a number of folks in here appreciate that being stuck in traffic in a Mercedes or a Yugo

is still stuck in the same darned traffic.

Inside cabin people just don't boast about all the money they save.

There are also a number of folks, when unfortunate enough to be stuck in traffic, would rather be stuck in a Mercedes than a Yugo.

(LOL...Yugo? Really? Do they even make them anymore?? LMAO!)

and FWIW, I don't drive a luxury car...my car is a 2004 Tribute with approx 111,000 miles on it. And Yes, I would rather be driving long distance or stuck in traffic in something nicer. (next life maybe :))

If you have ever been in a luxury car, you'd agree.

Funny. I have sailed inside cabins 3x and I never even thought about the money I saved. I didn't feel like I saved anything because I got what I paid for. For me, saving money comes in when I get more than what I paid for. JMO.

This CCer looks for value. In our 25 or so cruises spread over CCL and RCCL we have bounced around from insides to aft wraps.

Would rather go on 3 cruises per year in an inside than 2 on a balcony.

Well - I have my answer as to why I did not receive extra credit for our 11/26/11 sailing, and I didn't even need to call and pester anyone. I found it on their website (isn't that refreshing)!!

i-2SxXtvM-L.jpg

It's always the fine print --- but for past sailings, you only receive additional points based on nights and category... so even though it was booked 9+ months in advance, it does not count. I can live with that!

Tom

I am confused......past as in "completed" or past as in "booked" :confused: ??

So what is the effective date to receive the "bonus" of booking 9+ months in advance?? I am thinking we may not qualify for that....if it is for bookings made since a particular date :cool: .

There are also a number of folks, when unfortunate enough to be stuck in traffic, would rather be stuck in a Mercedes than a Yugo.

(LOL...Yugo? Really? Do they even make them anymore?? LMAO!)

and FWIW, I don't drive a luxury car...my car is a 2004 Tribute with approx 111,000 miles on it. And Yes, I would rather be driving long distance or stuck in traffic in something nicer. (next life maybe :))

Funny. I have sailed inside cabins 3x and I never even thought about the money I saved. I didn't feel like I saved anything because I got what I paid for. For me, saving money comes in when I get more than what I paid for. JMO.

And having already done two balconies (one of them a freebie)

I seriously wonder about the mythological "Once you've done a balcony, you can never go back"

I've just proved that to be wrong, the last three cruises in comfortable Insides!

I'm on the same ship and that's all that matters. You'll have to excuse my low standards, sorry.

So what is the effective date to receive the "bonus" of booking 9+ months in advance?? I am thinking we may not qualify for that....if it is for bookings made since a particular date :cool: .

My guess is that since your sail date is well after the introduction of the new program, your points will be awarded AFTER the cruise... and you will receive 21 points... you dog!! We got an entire 7 points from ours last month!! :rolleyes:

Tom

My guess is that since your sail date is well after the introduction of the new program, your points will be awarded AFTER the cruise... and you will receive 21 points... you dog!! We got an entire 7 points from ours last month!! :rolleyes:

Tom

*fingers crossed* Hope you are right!! ;)

Tom

I should have known... there was an entire thread on this very topic.. check HERE.

It would appear that ours returned a couple days too soon... JUST MISSED IT APPARENTLY!

Tom

Mine is a 1990 Suzuki Sidekick with 316,000 miles and a 1996 Lincoln Towncar with about 234,000. I bought it with 214,000 with a bad engine and put a used engine in. By not having the monthly car note and the higher insurance cost, it is one of the reasons we are able to sail so much.

Now to wait and see what Carnival does with their loyality program. Since NCL does not seem to be getting too much negative feedback, I would say they are probably watching it pretty close.

Dave

I should have known... there was an entire thread on this very topic.. check HERE.

It would appear that ours returned a couple days too soon... JUST MISSED IT APPARENTLY!

Tom

:o Bummer......:(

Just found out that there is even MORE good news for us.....we seem to have acquired and additional $205.00 in OBC - due to a price drop! ;) :D

:o Bummer......:(

Just found out that there is even MORE good news for us.....we seem to have acquired and additional $205.00 in OBC - due to a price drop! ;) :D

OK - now you are just rubbing it in... that and your 21 points (feeling pretty special, are ya ? :D)!

Tom

And having already done two balconies (one of them a freebie)

I seriously wonder about the mythological "Once you've done a balcony, you can never go back"

I've just proved that to be wrong, the last three cruises in comfortable Insides!

I'm on the same ship and that's all that matters. You'll have to excuse my low standards, sorry.

In regard to the cabins, it's not a matter of standards at all. It's what is important to you when you cruise. If your cabin isn't a major factor in your vacation, then an inside is perfect, right??

One of the things we enjoy most is the balcony. It's not like we spend all that much time out there, but the time we do spend out there is important to us. We look forward to keeping that door open at night (weather permitting) and listening to the sounds and we enjoy waking to the sun and going out on the balcony first thing in the morning.

My favorite land vacations also included rooms with balconies. It's just important to us. It doesn't have to be important to everyone.

Cars...yeah, I agree that the money spent on a luxury car is insane however, after having traveled in one I have to admit that when it comes to cars you certainly do get what you pay for...just in safety features alone...but that woudl be a conversation for a different web site....:p

Archived