Is there anything I can do, i booked one day too early?

Lambo62

So my wife and I fianlly took the plunge and booked our cruise and airfare on the weekend, leaving from Canada going on a mediterranean curise on NCL's EPIC. Well, today monday, their 12th day of Christmas special offers, free baclony to mini suite upgrade as we all $400 in e-coupons to use onboard the ship.

I have asked my travel agent to give them a call and see what they can do, but if she has no success, any suggestions? Its not the biggest deal not to get upgraded, i am happy with a balcony, but it would be awesome to have some onboard credits to use.

Any thoughts? i am sure this has happend to other.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

So my wife and I fianlly took the plunge and booked our cruise and airfare on the weekend, leaving from Canada going on a mediterranean curise on NCL's EPIC. Well, today monday, their 12th day of Christmas special offers, free baclony to mini suite upgrade as we all $400 in e-coupons to use onboard the ship.

I have asked my travel agent to give them a call and see what they can do, but if she has no success, any suggestions? Its not the biggest deal not to get upgraded, i am happy with a balcony, but it would be awesome to have some onboard credits to use.

Any thoughts? i am sure this has happend to other.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

No problem what-so-ever, this falls under the pricing guarantee. Your TA will take care of everything for you.

The upgrade is nice, but just so you know, it is a slightly larger room with no additonal perks.

As to the coupon book, if anyone actually took advantage of the $400 in savings, they really got hosed! Those coupon books can be found here from time to time. Most people find $5-$20 in value from them, if that.

Thanks for the replies. as it turns out I would still have to pay $300 per person to upgrade for some reason, and i have been told the coupon booklets aren't really worth much. So in the end, it just sounded like l had missed the big sale, but as usual, it was advertising hype.

Still pumped about our first cruise though!:D

Lambo

Here is my experience with NCL this morning.

We booked the Sky last Friday morning -- inside guarantee (Cat. ID). I paid in full though final payment isn't due until Dec. 19th.

Yesterday, I saw the same deal you are talking about (promo code UPFLEET). It would cost $250 more to upgrade to a BA mid-ship balcony. This morning, I checked and the promotion and pricing were still in effect.

I call the main NCL number. While the lady was nice, she said that I was in the final penalty phase and the price would be another $585 to go to the BA midship balcony.

I said, nope I was getting $250 difference, looking at the website right now.

She tried a few different things and said the price she was getting was still the higher one. I pointed out the promotion and then she said, "well, you are in the penalty phase now since it is after final payment. I told her no, I paid in full but the final payment date was Dec. 19. Was looking at the invoice also. Tried a few other things that didn't work and then asked if she could put me on hold.

At this point, I was thinking if they can't make it work, I was going to just cancel and rebook on ncl.com myself.

After a while, she comes back and a supervisor was able to make it work. I paid the $250 so all is good.

If you are not in final payment, figure out the difference to upgrade from what you paid over the weekend to the cabin you want. That is what they should be quoting you. If they can't give you that price, you should just cancel the booking (only if you are not going to get stuck with any penalties) and rebook.

Archived