Birthday celebration on NCL Star? Recommendations?

capriciousc

Hello!

Our daughter will be turning 8 while we are on our Western Caribbean cruise on the Star in March. Are there any sort of special packages/events, etc. that I can request for her? I'm happy to pay for whatever we can arrange, I just can't seem to find any info on the NCL website as to what (if anything) may be available.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

Go to this link for bon voyage stuff and scroll down the page.

http://www2.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/bon-voyage-gifts

Excellent, thank you! If it was a snake, it would have bitten me :o

I was also thinking of booking a dinner at one of the restaurants that require reservations and mentioning that it's going to be her birthday. Does anyone know if any of the restaurants will accommodate something like this?

we just celebrated my DD 9th on the GEM

go to the reception desk and they will give you a card to have a cake presented to her a dinner.

i went a bit further. met the hotel and restaurant directers at the meet and greet that was set up.

they took it to the next level and had ballons and teppanaki party hats at dinner. they came in with the cake and the officers sang to her.

i didn't do the bonvoyage package, we had done it on a previous cruise, i was not impressed with it.

I will have to say that Stephen and the Restaurant Director, i forgot his name i am sorry if you see this, went over and above and made her day way mopre special. :)

Was on the Jewel in Oct as a surprise for my mother's 84th BD I was in a suite and mentioned that my mom, my DS and her DH husband was also on board and that it was my mom's birthday. I did order the birthday decorations for their room which comes with a cake. My butler got a cake for her to be served in my suite and placed table cloth on the table. We had dinner at Cagneys and thanks to our consgiure or I mentioned when I made reservations we had a cake for dessert. For someone that is not suppose to have cake she had three and enjoyed them all

Just let the servers know. They will also make a big deal out of it for your daughter. (What every 8 year old wants....) Also, you can go to NCL.Com on your onboard check in and note it there. Also call NCL. She will probably get a pin and a nice letter from the Captain wishing her a happy birthday.

Did it for my husband on 4/17/11 Spirit.

I paid the 29 bucks for the birthday "package" for my wife's birthday on the Star in November. Did it all by internet and used my mastercard. They delivered the cake a day early; had them take it back and deliver the next day. Decorations in the room -- streamers, "happy birthday" signs, balloons etc. pleased DW; she didn't want anyone singing in the dining room. And, the cake was tasty. It was worth the 29 bucks!

Regards, captgeo

Thanks everyone for the wonderful suggestions! Her birthday falls in the middle of her spring break next year, so she's going to miss the usual "class party" at school with her friends. I think celebrating on the ship will be even more memorable :)

Archived