Our Big Laugh on our Freedom Cruise

We are a week off the Freedom, we did a B2B including Thanksgiving and we had a wonderful time.

We had a lovely balcony cabin which we enjoyed, but for the first time we had neighbors who were not so neighborly. On our second leg of the cruise we got people in the next cabin who fought and yelled and screamed almost every night. Usually if we made noise on our balcony (moved a chair or coughed) they would quiet down and they didn't stay up late, the arguments seemed to be mostly in the late afternoon and evening when were were dressing for dinner or just back from a port, but one night they were really going at it. I almost called security because it seemed to be coming to blows (we heard things being thrown and maybe someone getting pushed around. The woman was very much the aggressor and she was very loud and had quite the nasty mouth. My husband and I were playing cards on the bed, killing time to dinner, trying to make the best of a bad situation. The woman was seriously mad and using the f-word repeatedly, cussing and screaming, saying some very nasty things to her husband and then suddenly she says, "I'm a classy lady and I expect to be treated well." My husband and I looked at each other and burst out laughing. Gave us the best laugh of the cruise!!! Indeed, she was pretty classy!!:rolleyes:

Hats off to you for enjoying your cruise regardless of your neighbors.

However, I can't imagine why people like this go on vacations to begin with. If all you're going to do is fight and be disrespectful of each other, what is really the point?

That's hilarious!

Reminds me of when I lived in an apartment in Phoenix (6 months was all I could handle!). My neighbors fought CONSTANTLY! They'd throw things at each other and sometimes take the fight out onto our shared stairwell landing... at 3 or 4AM! And for HOURS! I can't believe people would fight like that while on vacation! I wonder what they're like at home.

At least you didn't have to hear the aftermath of the fight like we did for 6 months. This couple LOVED their make-up whoopie.

Hi Margie, we met you the second week at the M&M for a brief moment (mother and daughter duo). I'm glad you had a good time in spite of your neighbours. We were very lucky this cruise, we had the best neighbours, no smoking, no noise, no peeking around the corner of the balcony. I only met them in the hallway on our last night.

We enjoyed our cruise as well, too bad the weather was so windy that we could not port in Grand Cayman, the only island I have not been to. We loved the Freedom, this is our new favourite ship!

Karen

There's no sense in letting other people cause us to have less of a good time...we try to travel with positive thoughts and take things as they come. :)

Karen, it was great getting to meet you. Bruce and I have also decided the Freedom is our favorite ship...so far because the search goes on, we don't want to make a final decision until we've tried them all!!! :D

Archived