Best Balcony Cabin for Valor

tipfamily

I've been reading a lot about the aft balconies. I am already booked for a balcony guarantee but have decided after reading some reviews that I don't want to take the chance of getting one of those noisy rooms under a restaraunt or etc... So I thought of getting booking an aft room. For those expert cruisers, which room number would you choose if booking a balcony room on the Valor?

We are booked on the Valor for this October and will be in cabim 8280. When we sailed on the Triumph on 2003 we had cabin 8288 and had a wonderful time and enjoyed the cabin location very much. So that is why we choose the cabin we did on the Valor. It is in a similar location on the ship and is centrally located.

I always book an aft, they are wonderful and the view is spectacular. If you can afford it try to book one of the corner aft balconies they have a huge balcony and the room is a little bigger. Linda

Having sailed the aft many times - we booked the Liberty- same class as the Valor and booked us into 7434. Cabin is bigger and the balcony is bigger yet. For the same amount of money I try to get the most for my money.

On the direct aft--I like as close to the water as possible and that would be deck 6 (Upper)

sorry guys, new to cruising here...

some of this terminology i dont understand.....dont mean to be stupid.

What is "aft".?

I think i need a dictionary for cruisers...or maybe "cruising for dummies" ? LOL

thanks!!!!

Denise

I was on the Valor 3/20 in a reg. cabin aft. The vibration was unbearable and I noticed this on all of the floors that were aft. Could you check out any other balconies. I know the view is great from the back but I swore I would never book aft again. We had never experienced this on any other ship and it was calm seas the whole sailing. There is something with the engines I'm assuming that causes this and many people were complaining during the cruise. Sorry!

What cabin were you in and on what floor on the Valor? We were on the Glory last year and on the Verandah, room 8234, we noticed a concerning vibration that was very annoying at times.

sorry guys, new to cruising here...

some of this terminology i dont understand.....dont mean to be stupid.

What is "aft".?

I think i need a dictionary for cruisers...or maybe "cruising for dummies" ? LOL

thanks!!!!

Denise

Aft is the back of the ship.

I would go with any aft cabin on deck 7.

Aft is the back

port is left (4 letters each word)

starboard is right

there are three areas of a ship forward, midship and aft. Aft is all the cabins from the "back" elevator

Thanks for all of your replies. I just went Carnivals website to try to upgrade to one of the aft wrap around decks on the Empress deck. #7220 or #7225 I think. Anyhow, it only offered 9 or 10 cabins to choose from to upgrade to. I'm totally confused on the categories 8A, 8B, 8C, etc... But my cruise isn't until June 2006 and would there really be only only 9 or 10 cabins available for each category when it's this far in advance? Would all the aft wrap around decks already be taken? :confused:

Thanks for all of your replies. I just went Carnivals website to try to upgrade to one of the aft wrap around decks on the Empress deck. #7220 or #7225 I think. Anyhow, it only offered 9 or 10 cabins to choose from to upgrade to. I'm totally confused on the categories 8A, 8B, 8C, etc... But my cruise isn't until June 2006 and would there really be only only 9 or 10 cabins available for each category when it's this far in advance? Would all the aft wrap around decks already be taken? :confused:

From what I know, on the Valor there are only 6 corner aft balcony cabins - category 9A. There are a few other cabins in category 9A but only 6 wrap. Each corner, decks 6, 7 and 8. If you check out the deck plan, these cabins are dark green. Also, there are NO pictures of any category 9A cabins... I guess they go so fast they don't have to have pictures.

Happy cruisin...

Ruth

How many people are you looking at in one cabin? The majority of the aft cabins only hold 2 people. 6254 holds more then 2

A wrap around balcony is a 9A on the Valor.(conquest class) it only holds 2 people so if you are looking at availabity for 3 or 4 people these cabins wont hold you. (they also cost a few dollars more then a basic balcony cabin) there is only 6 of these on each ship so if you want it grab it quickly as it wont wait.

Here is a picture of part of a wrap around balcony- its on a different class ship but wrap around balconies are all the same.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/283578014rYVaau

Carnival cabin categories are the easiest out there to understand.

4 are inside

6 is oceanview (window)

8 is a balcony. the letter A, B, C etc defers to the deck the cabin is on. THe higher the letter the higher the price.

Thanks so much, that cleared it all up. I looked and the wrap around decks on level seven are available but for $270 more per person (just me and dh). So now we have to decide if it is going to be worth the extra money. Plus one of the prior posts about vibrations has got me worried now.

I think I am going to go for it because we will have 3 fun days at sea and I know I will want to lay out on the deck and just relax and read for a couple of hours each day. I also want to get up to watch the sunrise and sunset and want a great view. Thanks for the input. :D

Archived