Cruise Price reduction

cas1000

Having just finally booked our cruise with Royal caribbean at the end of November when I thought we were getting a good deal due to the early booking discount/ onboard credit deal running until the end of November and so mad today that RC are advertising 20% of prices and our cruise price has gone down £1400 which is a load of money. Am so annoyed - is there anything I can do about this - it just ethically seems wrong to encourage early booking before the end of Nov supposedly offering price incentives and then reduce the price by £1400 13 days later. We booked with an agent who said that the price is the price we booked and RC bookings basically said 'tough'. Is there anything I can do - this is our first cruise and I feel so mad has spoilt it already and feel totally taken advantage of as a RC customer

Having just finally booked our cruise with Royal caribbean at the end of November when I thought we were getting a good deal due to the early booking discount/ onboard credit deal running until the end of November and so mad today that RC are advertising 20% of prices and our cruise price has gone down £1400 which is a load of money. Am so annoyed - is there anything I can do about this - it just ethically seems wrong to encourage early booking before the end of Nov supposedly offering price incentives and then reduce the price by £1400 13 days later. We booked with an agent who said that the price is the price we booked and RC bookings basically said 'tough'. Is there anything I can do - this is our first cruise and I feel so mad has spoilt it already and feel totally taken advantage of as a RC customer

Royal Caribbean won't talk about this with you if you are booked with a TA.

What you can do is ask to speak to a supervisor where you booked....and if they will not give you a price reduction or reasonable explaination as to why you cannot have it you could then ask for a conference call with Royal Caribbean.

If you are then again told no sorry no price reduction then it may be an idea to work out if you would be better off cancelling and losing your depost and rebooking at better price.

It may be that the lower price now is for new bookings only...very very annoying I know.

By the way...In the UK you do get price reductions after final payment.

They won't give a refund of any money - but will often do a category upgrade if a higher grade cabin is now priced lower than the price you paid. So if you paid for an inside cabin and the ocean view is now priced at a lower price than what you paid for the inside they will consider upgrading you to an oceanview. Sometimes they may only be prepared to upgrade within a cabin type e.g. from Category E3 balcony up to a D1 Balcony - but you should get your TA to call on your behalf. We did this just this week on our upcoming Feb 19th cruise and got our kids cabin upgraded from inside N to a Promenade PR category

I'm in even bad position than yours. I booked and found out the price drop within one hour, and again, the next day. They would not do anything for me!!!:mad: I have talked to my travel agent. They told me that RCL would not allow them to do so!!!:mad: I only expect to get on board credit, a small upgrade, or even to move my cabins together. They will not do anything!!!:mad::mad::mad:

o 2 another agent fast as u can run, RC will let u have the discounts tell that agent that u are going somewhere else to do your business they will run 2 rccl & see how fast u ge tthe discounts then i would not use that agent again i have been on 22 cruises so i think i know what i'm talking about

I'm in even bad position than yours. I booked and found out the price drop within one hour, and again, the next day. They would not do anything for me!!!:mad: I have talked to my travel agent. They told me that RCL would not allow them to do so!!!:mad: I only expect to get on board credit, a small upgrade, or even to move my cabins together. They will not do anything!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Sounds like your TA is not being honest with you, as RCL does have a 48 hour price guarantee.

This is why I book direct with RCL, to have total control over my reservation, and to be able to speak with RCL to resolve issues rather than having to go through a middleman.

If you booked in the UK you should get the reduction after final payment, I always book direct with RCI as its just as simple as giving them a call, I did have an issue with a travel agent (sorry, cannot name them here even though I would like to, but I didnt just book it...) who refused to call RCI for the reduction until I made a fuss and they eventually did. if it was a small amount then its not so bad but for that amount I would be on to them until they sorted it out, some (not all) UK travel agents are only interested in their commision and once they have your money they don't care unlike US travel agents who do seem to want to encourage a long term relationship.

Archived