Did Carnival sponsor a Meet and Mingle on your sailing?

sunsetme

If I post the details I will get another "shame on you" email.

And yes anyone can join and be a member as long as they follow the rules.

We did have several people come to the 2nd M&G that were not on CC and ask if they could sit in and learn about CC.

oh. sorry. didn't know you were employed by cc in your extremely short time here. do you charge for these training classes?

and these rules you speak of. where are they posted on cruise critic?

If I post the details I will get another "shame on you" email.

And yes anyone can join and be a member as long as they follow the rules.

We did have several people come to the 2nd M&G that were not on CC and ask if they could sit in and learn about CC. We welcomed them and I do hope that JH's posts do not keep them away.

What rules?

At our M&G we met had fun and cruised together.

What rules did I not know about?

RCLs relationship with CC is commercial in nature. Royal doesn't do it out of the goodness of their hearts.
Yes!! I agree,a smart business decision. That was my point.

I was responding to a post that wondered why Carnival should offer anything to CC M & G's.

. Don't think they are fond of people on CC at carnival.

They aren't fond of CC members...who act like jerks...and think that CCL(and all cruise lines) should kiss their a**! Most likely..these same CC members are just as rude and insecure ..off the ship!!

oh. sorry. didn't know you were employed by cc in your extremely short time here. do you charge for these training classes?

I am sorry that I am not making myself understood.

It was my understanding that the CC M&Gs were private functions (That is what the sign at the door said) - from your posts I guess I was misinformed.

Have a nice day:)

It was my understanding that the CC M&Gs were private functions (That is what the sign at the door said) - from your posts I guess I was misinformed.

perhaps this would make sense if it were made known if it were a "paid for" event, which would clear some thing up.

and if yes, it wouldn't matter what site one belong to; just that one paid for it. i can probably assume that for every couple, two members are not actually required to have cc posting priviledges.

Nice!:)

Ain't going to happen. I really like Heald's blog but don't care what he says, he has a problem with CC.

He loves CC issues like tis. Whether it was a big issue or a very small one doesn't matter. If has a chance to make CC members look foolish, he will take it.

It's like he views CC as a second mistress for the affections of Carnival cruisers. He seems jealous sharing their attention.

I wonder then if you have the honor to post this on johns blog or Facebook page. I think I already know the answer. You know he doesn't read this page so you feel comfortable stating things that you have no intention of saying to his face. Maybe your right and if he does have a problem with this site then it's because of comments like yours

The only CC functions that are private are the paid for cocktail parties.

Meet and Greets are just that, a place to go and meet people. I don't participate in Roll Calls but if I decided to accept Carnival's invitation for Cruise Criticers to gather - I'm going.

Ain't going to happen. I really like Heald's blog but don't care what he says, he has a problem with CC.

He loves CC issues like tis. Whether it was a big issue or a very small one doesn't matter. If has a chance to make CC members look foolish, he will take it.

It's like he views CC as a second mistress for the affections of Carnival cruisers. He seems jealous sharing their attention.

I dont think JH needs to "make CC members look foolish", many, not all, do a pretty good job of that themselve.

I wonder then if you have the honor to post this on johns blog or Facebook page. I think I already know the answer. You know he doesn't read this page so you feel comfortable stating things that you have no intention of saying to his face. Maybe your right and if he does have a problem with this site then it's because of comments like yours
The post here are great. Am I supposed to be afraid to post on his site? Are you going to double dare me?

BTW one time someone suggested his kid was not thin on his blog. I commented here that the person was wayout of line

BUT that Heald had in fact helped fan the issue by posting her comment and then continually referring to her.

Someone from here (perhaps you?) reposted my comments leaving out that I felt the poster was rude and out of line to comment on Head's child.

Heald then called me a troll. Oh well. BTW, you can repost these posts if you wish. Maybe he will retroll me.:rolleyes:

There was a thread about the issues with the t/a. It got deleted as per guide lines

So now we have people saying it didn't happen , but verified ( thru heald via ccl / heald fb) it did , with a captain walking out .

This has nothing to do with trolls, it's completion

Of course ccl can not state they dislike cc it's a bunch of future customers

They do want to control there own message

Forums are important but with social media today coupled with carnival master of social media , forums are becoming less important

It's always nice for a company to control thier message

Until they have control they will play nice but throttle down

We are seeing throttling

The post here are great. Am I supposed to be afraid to post on his site? Are you going to double dare me?

BTW one time someone suggested his kid was not thin on his blog. I commented here that the person was wayout of line

BUT that Heald had in fact helped fan the issue by posting her comment and then continually referring to her.

Someone from here (perhaps you?) reposted my comments leaving out that I felt the poster was rude and out of line to comment on Head's child.

Heald then called me a troll. Oh well. BTW, you can repost these posts if you wish. Maybe he will retroll me.:rolleyes:

Wasn't me but yes, I double dare you because I know and so do you that you wont.

There are people on here that are just not worth bothering to respond to. Someone above you on this thread for example.

John is a very nice fellow but sometimes he responds before reading what has actually happened.

This past summer I was one of them trolls until I wrote to him on his blog clarifying the issue, he apologized and now we are mates, whatever that means.icon7.gif

We were on the Conquest last week (Dec 4th sailing) and had all agreed on our CC Roll Call to meet at the Sky Bar at sail away which many of us did. We found a Cruise Critic meeting on the 2nd day's Fun Times. Some attempted to attend but had difficulties finding it. It would have been great to have known ahead of time that Carnival had one planned. We all just didn't know.

On a side note, our Roll Call group also planned a poker crawl, 7 cabins/stops and 29 folks, and had an absolute blast (big thanks to Brenda & Donna for organizing!) Meeting these new friends just absolutely made our cruise for most of us! :):):) Meet & Greets ROCK! Thank you CC!

I was glad to help!! The poker crawl and meeting everyone who participated in it and our M&G were highlights of the cruise!

Donna

I was also at the CC M&G and never heard a negative comment from any of the ship's officers or CD.

We had a very large Roll Call (over 300) and yes there were some personality problems with some people, and yes there were people complaining about the organization of some activities (but those complainers NEVER offered to help). And YES I was the target of many complaints and problems (and I am still to this day), including physicals threats. This was my first roll call and if it wasn't for the fantastic people I met, I would never join another.

There were NONE CC members that tried to draw John into a conflict by stirring up trouble, but that was quickly settled as far as I know. Now if John would stop bringing it up the subject might die.

I am just really tired of the fictional stories of some writers about how mean the CC members are and the big one about people being removed from the M&G. Most of the CC people I met were really nice and as for the rest, my parents taught me if I didn't have something nice to say about someone, to not say anything at all. And I only know of one person asked to leave a M&G and that person is NOT a CC member.

I am reading your posts in a complete disbelief. You and your husband were implicated in this TA roll call mess. For you to pretend that nothing happened during M&G is beyond ridiculous. I was thinking that CCs (and no, I am not referring to Carnival cookies shortage here) were at least partially responsible for what happened. Not anymore.

The sad outcome your actions give CCs ammunition to go after CC. And I absolutely don't like it. I use CC to plan my trips (and maybe even make new friends through roll calls - not always, sometimes). I don't want to be labeled troll or trouble maker because of actions of some (including you).

I am reading your posts in a complete disbelief. You and your husband were implicated in this TA roll call mess. For you to pretend that nothing happened during M&G is beyond ridiculous. I was thinking that CCs (and no, I am not referring to Carnival cookies shortage here) were at least partially responsible for what happened. Not anymore.

The sad outcome your actions give CCs ammunition to go after CC. And I absolutely don't like it. I use CC to plan my trips (and maybe even make new friends through roll calls - not always, sometimes). I don't want to be labeled troll or trouble maker because of actions of some (including you).

I am sorry you feel I caused problems (it would have to be only me because my husband is not involved in anything CC).

I honestly only tried to help the Roll Call by keeping up with lists that people asked for.

I am truly sorry if I affected your enjoyment of CC or your Magic cruise.

Are you joking? You are telling an actual witness to the events that they should be embarrassed for commenting on an issue that they saw?

You are saying that something Heald got secondhand is the truth" not a person who was actually there?

Somebody should be embarrassed.:eek:

From what I have read the information came fro. The Cruise director and the Captain plus there are lots of comments from pax on that cruise who were part of the roll call all of who say that what heald said was true.

NCL has the largest turnout by officers. It came in handly on one cruise because they gave us their business cards with extensions in case we had any problems during our cruise. They put out a great spread for us.

RCCL seems to have the largest turnouts but not many staff turning out-- usually asst CD. Our RCCL cruises are usually out of NJ and are longer cruises so the CC turnout is larger because we have at least 2 sea days to the Caribbean. The M&M is fun on the first sea day of a ten day cruise.

Our Carnival cruises are generally shorter cruises out of Florida so we don't have much time to attend a CC meeting. The first day of our January cruise will have a port stop in Key West. We don't seem to have much interest in an organized M&M on this cruise. We will be happy to meet our fellow CC passengers at the sailaway.

The more we cruise the less DH is interested in a M&M.

Archived