Gotta love my ta

finsupcruiser

Way to go on the OBC! But don't give too many props to your TA, it's easy enough to do yourself if you don't use a TA.

Why not give her props--people who have submitted their own are complaining about how how they have not recieved their OBC that were submitted weeks ago.

Kudos to her-she did it in 3 days

Why not give her props--people who have submitted their own are complaining about how how they have not recieved their OBC that were submitted weeks ago.

There have been some problems with ES lately. With TA's as well as individual claims. TA's do not go any faster, and for the record, ES claims are SUPPOSED to be processed within 3 business days. I have had them done within 12 hours in the past.

I think she was really referring to how fast it was taken care of when others have waited for a couple of weeks. Mine was posted today also and my TA did it. What is suppose to be and what has been happening have been two different things lately, according to people complaining about how long it is taking. Maybe Carnival got their 10 day backlog taken care of over the weekend.

Way to go TA. I submitted one 2 weeks ago and still haven't seen it reflected yet.

I did too! I submitted it on Dec 1. Yesterday I resubmitted and put in comments that this was my second attempt. It was approved and on my account within an hour.

thats because they had a system acting up and were weeks behind.

John H covered this in his blog and FB thingie.

My TA always gets the Price Drops too...

it *IS* their job...

its what you *PAY EXTRA* for whe using a TA for *them* to do that sort of thing...

the others are correct tho... you could do it yourself.

thats because they had a system acting up and were weeks behind.

John H covered this in his blog and FB thingie.

My TA always gets the Price Drops too...

it *IS* their job...

its what you *PAY EXTRA* for whe using a TA for *them* to do that sort of thing...

the others are correct tho... you could do it yourself.

I do not pay my TA anything extra for her service. I pay same price that is on CCL website.

Yes it is her job to do take care of my reservation just as it is CCLs job to maintian their website correctly

I do not pay my TA anything extra for her service. I pay same price that is on CCL website.

Yes it is her job to do take care of my reservation just as it is CCLs job to maintian their website correctly

Shes making her money 'somehow'...so...

(mine charges $12.50 for the first 2 people- $25 per booking...)

regarldess, Im just saying its her job to do this for you...good for her for doing it in a timely manner...(mine does the same thing, usually w/i 24 hours)

(BTW- I wasnt trying to saying anything 'bad' about her to begin with, )

Shes making her money 'somehow'...so...

(mine charges $12.50 for the first 2 people- $25 per booking...)

regarldess, Im just saying its her job to do this for you...good for her for doing it in a timely manner...(mine does the same thing, usually w/i 24 hours)

(BTW- I wasnt trying to saying anything 'bad' about her to begin with, )

My TA gets paid the commission - no extra fees and the price I pay is the same as on the Carnival website. I do know that I will get a nice bottle of wine from the agency as well. I would rather she get the money than have to do the servicing of the booking myself. She e-mailed me this morning that she put in a request for an OBC since there was a price drop on my booking. Within 3 hours she forwarded me the confirmation from Carnival that the OBC had been approved. Maybe those of you having issues getting your price drops just don't know how to fill out the forms properly??

Also, in case this happens to you - you may not get the full amount of OBC you think you are entitled to. The taxes and fees on our cruise increased while the cruise fare dropped. We are still ahead of the game, but when they adjusted the booking our OBC dropped by the amount the taxes went up. Thankfully, the TA sent me the old invoice and the new invoice and explained it - otherwise I might have jumped to the wrong conclusion and gotten on CC and been a TA basher.

My TA gets paid the commission - no extra fees and the price I pay is the same as on the Carnival website. I do know that I will get a nice bottle of wine from the agency as well. I would rather she get the money than have to do the servicing of the booking myself. She e-mailed me this morning that she put in a request for an OBC since there was a price drop on my booking. Within 3 hours she forwarded me the confirmation from Carnival that the OBC had been approved. Maybe those of you having issues getting your price drops just don't know how to fill out the forms properly??

Also, in case this happens to you - you may not get the full amount of OBC you think you are entitled to. The taxes and fees on our cruise increased while the cruise fare dropped. We are still ahead of the game, but when they adjusted the booking our OBC dropped by the amount the taxes went up. Thankfully, the TA sent me the old invoice and the new invoice and explained it - otherwise I might have jumped to the wrong conclusion and gotten on CC and been a TA basher.

Our TA works on commission also. Our taxes changed also by $20.

If you pay a TA extra, you better check on it. No extra charge for taking care of your cruise!

If you agree to pay a TA extra, that's on you - this poster is correct. The cruise line pays the TA - just as a hotel, and yes, even airlines pay the TA's. Any TA that tells you different and charges extra for providing a service to you is fluffing their income. You can choose to use a TA for extra service provided, but I suggest if they're charging you 'x' for each person on a cruise line booking, you find a new TA. That's bogus!

And yes, give props to them when they give you good service - even if it is "their job", good service is rare these days in any industry! :)

Archived