Senior Discount Pricing

ans678

I hope someone can help me with this question.:confused:

So I booked a cruise for several people in October. Everyone is over 55+. I remember being on RCI website and checking the over 55+ box and then unchecking it and the rates were the same for the same type of room.

Now if I go into their website and I do that, the rates are different for seniors. :(

Should they have received the senior discount or is the senior discount sometimes only available at a certain time?

Thanks.

It is probable that when you booked there was not a senior rate. Now, only weeks before sailing, the rate structure is different. Pricing changes frequently, and some offers are withdrawn when new ones appear. The best you can do is check rates frequently before final payment and rarely or never after final payment.

Guess that was my first mistake- checking rates after final payment. :(

Makes me feel better knowing that the senior rate is not always available. I thought I made a mistake when booking but I specifically remember checking several times to see if there was a difference.

Guess that was my first mistake- checking rates after final payment. :(.
LOL, Don't feel too badly about it....but when new pricing shows up after final payment they almost always are limited to 'new bookings only' and checking just makes already booked pax feel bad when they see the lower prices. If the senior rate price you now see is not limited in some way, go ahead and ask for OBC. The worst they can do is say no.

It never hurts to ask. Most of the cruise lines use a system for balancing bookings with the proximity to the sailing date. They are very difficult to predict.

I recently booked a cruise on a decent rate but within 24 hours received an email with a special rate that was cheaper. Telephoned the cruise line an waited on the phone while it was sorted out. Ended up with OBC and free transfers that worked out nearly to be the same actual amount of money.

Archived