Price increase for spa passes

coffeebean

Just off the Gem Dec. 11th. We paid $30 per person for a day pass for the spa facilities. This used to be $20 per person last time we cruised about 8 months ago. We also asked about the discounted price for a weekly couple pass but was told that is not offered any more. I don't recall what the price is for a weekly pass per person but it is more than what the discounted couple price was.

As an aside...spending the $30 per person for one day in Gem's heavenly spa facilities was well worth it. The steam room alone, with the aroma of Eucalyptus was so dreamy.

Anyone know if there has been a price increase for use of the spa facilities fleet wide?

Just off the Gem Dec. 11th. We paid $30 per person for a day pass for the spa facilities. This used to be $20 per person last time we cruised about 8 months ago. We also asked about the discounted price for a weekly couple pass but was told that is not offered any more. I don't recall what the price is for a weekly pass per person but it is more than what the discounted couple price was.

As an aside...spending the $30 per person for one day in Gem's heavenly spa facilities was well worth it. The steam room alone, with the aroma of Eucalyptus was so dreamy.

Anyone know if there has been a price increase for use of the spa facilities fleet wide?

I was on the Gem one month agao and we got the spa passes for the week....

Is this true that they discontinued it?? Fleet wide????

I think the poster is talking about the couples pass that was sold at a discount from two individual passes...there is mention in the post of not being able to recall the price of the individual weekly pass.

Not sure about fleet wide increase in day passes but last month a 7 day pass on the Pearl was $119. Good value.

Yes, that's the price we paid. Only now it's $119 per person - used to be able to get couples pass for less than $238 - but I don't recall exactly how much it used to be discounted...only that there is no discount now.

I am booked in a spa balcony for our cruise on the Breakaway 5/12/13, but I called NCL for another couple who are booked in a BA balcony and may want to use the spa suite just once or twice. NCL said the pass would be $30 pp. for the day and $119 for the week. So, it seems that it is fleetwide, but do all of the ships have the spa suite? I don't recall there being one on Pride of America or the Jade.

I am booked in a spa balcony for our cruise on the Breakaway 5/12/13, but I called NCL for another couple who are booked in a BA balcony and may want to use the spa suite just once or twice. NCL said the pass would be $30 pp. for the day and $119 for the week. So, it seems that it is fleetwide, but do all of the ships have the spa suite? I don't recall there being one on Pride of America or the Jade.

Only the Epic has spa suites...and as you note the Breakaway will have them.

I think the poster is talking about the couples pass that was sold at a discount from two individual passes...there is mention in the post of not being able to recall the price of the individual weekly pass.

I started to panic....

the very first thing I am doing as soon as I step foot on the Dawn in 9 days is run...not walk.....to the spa for my pass. As a person traveling solo over Christmas I think I will be spending a lot of time relaxing in there. I have never done a cruise on NCL without the spa pass. It would totally change the experience for me........

I started to panic....

the very first thing I am doing as soon as I step foot on the Dawn in 9 days is run...not walk.....to the spa for my pass. As a person traveling solo over Christmas I think I will be spending a lot of time relaxing in there. I have never done a cruise on NCL without the spa pass. It would totally change the experience for me........

On our last cruise they were selling the passes in the port while waiting to board. Be on the look out for the spa table in the waiting area.

Of course the weekly pass is well worth the fee is you are using the spa facilities everyday. However, the $30 per day may be a good alternative to those that only want to use the spa one or two days or for those that have never tried the spa. I only remember the weekly passes being offered before, not the day pass. Hopefully, they will continue to offer both options.

what is involved in the spa day pass besides the steam room? does it include a massage???

Lynn

It's strictly use of the thermal suites...one coed, one male and one female, which have facilities like steam, sauna, hot tubs, heated tile lounges on some of the ships, etc. It doesn't include massages or other services.

So what does the spa pass entitle you to on the other ships (i.e. Dawn and Gem)?

Use of the thermal suites...see my post immediately proceeding this one. A spa suite on the Epic entitles you to use those facilities on that ship without having to buy a separate pass...it's part of the price you pay for your cabin. Presumably the same will be true on the Breakaway.

Use of the thermal suites...see my post immediately proceeding this one. A spa suite on the Epic entitles you to use those facilities on that ship without having to buy a separate pass...it's part of the price you pay for your cabin. Presumably the same will be true on the Breakaway.

It is so on the Breakaway. I'm booked in a spa balcony, and looking forward to using the thermal suite. Just don't recall that the Jade or POA had one available.

Hi all,

Thermal suites are available on Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Dawn, Norwegian Jade, Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Star and Norwegian Gem.

A day pass to the Thermal Suite is $30 a day or $89 for a 5 day pass, $119 for a 7 day pass, $139 for a 9 day pass, and $199 for a 14 day pass.

The Thermal Suite includes:

-Heated Mosaic Lounge Chairs

-Thalasso Therapy Pool

-Steam Room

-Sauna

-Japanese Plunge Pool

-Jacuzzi Tubs

Best,

Norwegian Cruise Line Public Relations

They still offer weekly passes for the spa but you must pay the price per person. The couple pass has been discontinued on the Gem. Not sure if this is fleet wide...that is what I asked in my original post.

Hi all,

Thermal suites are available on Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Dawn, Norwegian Jade, Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Star and Norwegian Gem.

A day pass to the Thermal Suite is $30 a day or $89 for a 5 day pass, $119 for a 7 day pass, $139 for a 9 day pass, and $199 for a 14 day pass.

The Thermal Suite includes:

-Heated Mosaic Lounge Chairs

-Thalasso Therapy Pool

-Steam Room

-Sauna

-Japanese Plunge Pool

-Jacuzzi Tubs

Best,

Norwegian Cruise Line Public Relations

Thanks for the update. One correction the Dawn and Star do not have Heated Mosaic Chairs or a Thalassotherapy Pool. They have nice aft facing teak loungers and a lap pool. Both spas worth the price.

Archived