Carnival Triumph is Delayed

cruiser fanatic

Its about 445pm central time, ship is docked and can see some people coming out...

Also got email from carnival that there will be $ 15 inboard credit for todays lunch...

Email:-

've got some FUNtastic news for you! The port is now open for ship traffic and I'm happy to report that the fog has lifted enough at the channel entrance to allow safe entry into the port. The Carnival Triumph is expected alongside at 5:00PM and will begin to disembark guests from the previous cruise. Your check-in is scheduled between 8:30PM -10:00PM and we will set sail immediately thereafter. At this time, our itinerary remains unchanged. However, due to the delayed departure, a letter will be delivered to your stateroom tomorrow with an update.

Your check-in is scheduled between 8:30PM -10:00PM and we will set sail immediately thereafter. At this time, our itinerary remains unchanged.

If the Triumph can book it like the Magic, they'll have most of their day in Cozumel. I thought for sure we were missing half of Cozumel when Galveston sailaway #2 happened after 9:00, but we made it to Cozumel about 9:00 Tuesday morning.

Hope you guys make it out quickly!

If the Triumph can book it like the Magic, they'll have most of their day in Cozumel. I thought for sure we were missing half of Cozumel when Galveston sailaway #2 happened after 9:00, but we made it to Cozumel about 9:00 Tuesday morning.

Hope you guys make it out quickly!

Coz was pushed back from a 9-5 call to a 10:30-6:30 call.

The Galveston cruise port cam looks like heavy fog has rolled back in. Is the Triumph stuck in port overnight? Much better to be stuck on the ship than to sit at the port waiting for a ship stuck at sea. Good luck to the Triumph passengers!!!

I was booked on Ecstasy 2/18/2011 and they were delayed due to fog. We were supposed to get on that Saturday but the ship didn't dock until mid-Sunday and we didn't sail away until noon on Monday. From a 5 day to Mexico to a 3 day to nowhere. Still fun though.

I was on the same sailing!

We got off the Triumph at 6:10 pm tonight, thinking about those on today's sailing with lots of concern. Especially wondering what y'all are going to do about two dinner seatings! I sure hope the fog, which was still there as we drove away from Galveston, doesn't prevent you from sailing away!

Archived