Captain's Table

kifler

As you go up the # of days sailed, you get more perks between D+ and pinnacle.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefits.do

The different bennies are in the footnotes.

Sorry, I can't really tell what extra perks you get between D+ and Pinnacle, other than

"A commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 cruise points and on every 70 cruise points thereafter."

What else?

Is 340 some magic number?

I assume 700 is, since that is Pinnacle.

340 is the magic number to request to dine with a senior officer. That does not necessarily mean that it will be the captain.

Our last captains table were made up of 3 Pinnacle Club couples (we all knew the captain) a Diamond+ couple from Texas, and a first time cruiser couple with a very interesting background.:)

The first time cruiser, although having brought a suit with him for the cruise, thought it best to rent a tux for the occasion. The gentleman was total class.

Rick

Rick

340 is the magic number to request to dine with a senior officer. That does not necessarily mean that it will be the captain.

Our last captains table were made up of 3 Pinnacle Club couples (we all knew the captain) a Diamond+ couple from Texas, and a first time cruiser couple with a very interesting background.:)

The first time cruiser, although having brought a suit with him for the cruise, thought it best to rent a tux for the occasion. The gentleman was total class.

Rick

Thats better than my experience see post #47. I wore a suite as well as the rest of the people at the table.

I met your Mother Helen (Cooper) in the Concierge on the Liberty last week 12/15/11.

She is absolutely lovely and she gave me her card with her and your late fathers picture on it. So nice, we truly enjoyed chatting with her!

Thank You. She meets so many nice people on cruises and even at 81 she never forgets them. I am sure someday you will speak with her again or will run into her in the Concierge on another cruise.

Sue

I asked Captain James MacDonald on our cruise this question as it keeps coming up.

He said there are a lot of different reasons. C&A membership, groups on board, business reasons, other staff choosing and he did say sometimes people ask and he will try to fit them in. He seemed really nice the couple of brief times I saw/ spoke to him. He directed us in the right direction on the first sea day to the dinning room for breakfast, we got a little turned around. I recognized him, but mom and dad didn't. ;)

Sorry, I can't really tell what extra perks you get between D+ and Pinnacle, other than

"A commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 cruise points and on every 70 cruise points thereafter."

What else?

The magic number is 350 cruise points to dine with a Senior Officer. If there are many D+ quests on board with 350+ cruise points they sometimes do a Top Tier luncheon as we experienced on our 9/27 and 10/15 cruises on Radiance. Each ship handles top tier cruisers differently. On our 10/31 cruise our dinner with Captain Anderson had those with the most cruise points on that sailing.

Your D+ "special amenity" changes as you earn more points Diamond Plus Amenity List(s) On 3-6 night cruises you just get one amenity to select from no matter what your cruise point total is. On cruises of 7 nights or more you get as many amenities as you are entitled to depending on your cruise point total. On cruises less than 3 nights, no special amenity is available.

The commemorative gift is a crystal block of the ship on which you have earned those cruise points.

The magic number is 350 cruise points to dine with a Senior Officer. If there are many D+ quests on board with 350+ cruise points they sometimes do a Top Tier luncheon as we experienced on our 9/27 and 10/15 cruises on Radiance. Each ship handles top tier cruisers differently. On our 10/31 cruise our dinner with Captain Anderson had those with the most cruise points on that sailing.

Your D+ "special amenity" changes as you earn more points Diamond Plus Amenity List(s) On 3-6 night cruises you just get one amenity to select from no matter what your cruise point total is. On cruises of 7 nights or more you get as many amenities as you are entitled to depending on your cruise point total. On cruises less than 3 nights, no special amenity is available.

The commemorative gift is a crystal block of the ship on which you have earned those cruise points.

Thanks!

This is very useful information.

350+ cruise points - that is a long long way to go for my wife and I!!!

How long did it take to get you to 350+?

Amazing.

That means you had gone for 64 sailings before Jan.

We had 31 cruises through January of 2011 when they did the conversion. We had 64 cruise credits or 461 cruise points after the conversion.

You originally got 1 cruise credit for each completed cruise. Then beginning on 1/1/2005 C&A gave an extra credit for 12+ night cruise. Beginning 1/1/2004 C&A gave an extra credit for booking a JS cabin or above. So after January 1, 2004 the maximum number of credits you could earn on any cruise was 3.

I understand your experience. We once had a lady (I use that word loosly) that came to the captains table in a pink t-shirt!:eek:

Rick

I guess some people don't know the menaing of dress formal or semi formal,as usually states on the invites. Twice we declined the invite because we were going only casual those cruises.My husband would NEVER show up without at least a jacket and tie,yet,we have been to the tables a few times with people not exactly dressed properly.:eek::eek:

We have been very fortunate to be invited many times and have really enjoyed the whole experience.Some of the captains/staff officers are really down to earth.

I guess some people don't know the menaing of dress formal or semi formal,as usually states on the invites. Twice we declined the invite because we were going only casual those cruises.My husband would NEVER show up without at least a jacket and tie,yet,we have been to the tables a few times with people not exactly dressed properly.:eek::eek:

We have been very fortunate to be invited many times and have really enjoyed the whole experience.Some of the captains/staff officers are really down to earth.

Kathy, the captain always enjoys having a very pretty lady at his table, and you fit that bill!! We too have been very fortunate to have been invited many times, and I have rarely known of a table to be dull.

Rick

Kathy, the captain always enjoys having a very pretty lady at his table, and you fit that bill!! We too have been very fortunate to have been invited many times, and I have rarely known of a table to be dull.

Rick

Aren't you sweet!!:) I agree about it not being dull.how many times have you been the last table left in the dining room!:D:D

On our Serenade cruise, DD and I were asked to dine at the Captain's table. We declined because we didn't bring the right clothes. (I would have enjoyed meeting Captain Karin.) Later that week, we ended up in the Solarium hot tub with a man who promptly told us he'd been invited to dine with the Captain. (Kinda of an odd conversation starter. :)) Anyway, when I told him we'd declined because of the lack of proper clothing, he told us he'd gone in a polo shirt and a pair of khakis. I've posted this before, but I still think it's odd. Guess it's better than a Hawaiian shirt though.

Just an interesting note to all of this. This past spring, we were sailing with a couple from Alaska who were on their first ever cruise. They were invited to the Captain's table and went scrounging for extra formal attire, even though the clothes they had been wearing for formal night would have been fine. Two points - Most people understand that formality is required at the table and the second being that there are others invited to dine with the Captain other than those who have racked up a lot of cruising.

Archived