How to go from Gydnia’s port to the train station?

Mr&MsSmith

I haven’t read too much about this port in this forum, but I hope to find someone that can help. We’ll be stopping at this port in Poland next year and I’m trying to find out the easiest way to get to the train station in Gydnia so we can take the train to Gdansk. From my research I’ve read some people waked (30 mins) and some others mentioned bus #137. However I still have the following questions, if anyone has an answer it will awesome:

· How far is the bus stop located from the port?

· I know that bus tickets can be bought from the driver but you need local currency, is there any ATM at the port?, how often is this bus scheduled?

· Some people have mentioned a shuttle from the cruise, does this shuttle drops you near the train station?, how much they charge?

· I read there is no bus to come back to the port, so what are the options, taxi and walk back?, how much is the taxi to go back?

Thanks!

Des

Hi, Des, our cruise line (Oceania) ran a shuttle bus from the port to central Gydnia and it was about an eight-minute walk (five blocks?) to the train station, and we stopped on the way at an ATM to get some zlotys for the day. The train to Gdansk runs very often, perhaps every 15 minutes.

I got the train information and my walking tour of Gdansk from the Rick Steves' Eastern Europe guidebook, which has a chapter on this area.

Gydnia port is very industrial but I believe there were some taxis right outside the gate. We took a taxi back from the train station at the end of the day, and it did not cost much. I do not remember exactly, but less than $12.

Hi, Des, our cruise line (Oceania) ran a shuttle bus from the port to central Gydnia and it was about an eight-minute walk (five blocks?) to the train station, and we stopped on the way at an ATM to get some zlotys for the day. The train to Gdansk runs very often, perhaps every 15 minutes.

I got the train information and my walking tour of Gdansk from the Rick Steves' Eastern Europe guidebook, which has a chapter on this area.

Gydnia port is very industrial but I believe there were some taxis right outside the gate. We took a taxi back from the train station at the end of the day, and it did not cost much. I do not remember exactly, but less than $12.

Thanks a lot!, this is very helpful...

There is a bus stop at the cruise terminal but you need local money to take the bus. Town is not too far of a walk and you can take a bus back once you have money. Never seen a shuttle offered but taxis available as well. More info at cruiseportwiki.com

If you would like another option, this past summer we did this tour http://www.toursbylocals.com/GdanskShoreExcursion Our guide Margaret was fantastic! There are many other options at this port for guided tours and I recommend this company and guide wholeheartedly. I know you did not ask about a tour, but this worked out great for us with no problems and our day was perfect. Good Luck!

Archived