Took the Plunge

pal4404

After much deliberation and calculations took the plunge and purchased the Premium Alcoholic Beverage package for our Eclipse holiday sailing next Saturday. We are not heavy drinkers but figured 4 drinks a day 2 wine and 2 cocktails along with my Perrier would make it beneficial. All the wines we would want were priced at over the $8.00 per glass allowed on the Classic. Pros or cons regarding this decision are welcomed.

We are also not heavy drinkers but in the end, it was a good deal for us.

Juices, pop, specialty coffees as well as the drinks, all add up quickly. Another advantage is that you get your wine by the glass so you could have a different wine with each course at dinner.

We plan on doing the premium package on our sailing in February. I'm guessing we'll come out a little ahead after a few drinks each day, some Vitamin Water, and more than a few lattes for my caffeine fix. I also factored in convenience and having everything paid for in advance.

I didn't even think of trying different wines with each course as a previous poster pointed out. That makes it even better.

After much deliberation and calculations took the plunge and purchased the Premium Alcoholic Beverage package for our Eclipse holiday sailing next Saturday. We are not heavy drinkers but figured 4 drinks a day 2 wine and 2 cocktails along with my Perrier would make it beneficial. All the wines we would want were priced at over the $8.00 per glass allowed on the Classic. Pros or cons regarding this decision are welcomed.

Will you report back and tell us how you liked it? We're pretty much in the same boat (ship ;)) as you. We're not excessive drinkers but on the other hand we're also going on a TA and as such, a captive audience for a week running! I keep going back and forth and back and forth over whether the peace of mind that the package--at $1866--would bring. It's a heck of a lot of money so I'd love to hear if you were happy with your decision to go for it. Thanks!

Will you report back and tell us how you liked it? We're pretty much in the same boat (ship ;)) as you. We're not excessive drinkers but on the other hand we're also going on a TA and as such, a captive audience for a week running! I keep going back and forth and back and forth over whether the peace of mind that the package--at $1866--would bring. It's a heck of a lot of money so I'd love to hear if you were happy with your decision to go for it. Thanks!

Will be glad to. Would you send me a email request at pal4404@comcast.net so I can put it on my reminder list. I am of the geriatric generation and sometimes things fall off the radar.

DH and I are struggling with this one...we do enjoy a martini before dinner, a wine or two with dinner and, if not comatose by then, an evening cocktail or night cap at one of the clubs. We are taking a five nighter and our cost will be 714.00 for premium pkg. This seems so high. But if I add the above numbers together, it comes to 60-75 dollars, just for evening indulgence. So I am weighing the Elite lounge with the in-room wine and what we may want with our dinners...oiy! Seems like the package would pay for itself, esp if you add morning coffees and speciality water/soda

Still thinkin'

Archived