Raiatea versus Huahine

aaaaa

Good day. We're considering the traditional 7-day Society Islands trip or the 10-day Society Islands/Tuamotus trip. The 7-day trip stops at Raiatea but not Huahine, and the 10-day trip stops at Huahine (and other islands) but not Raiatea. Would a stop at one of those two islands be preferable to a stop at the other? We are lovers of natural beauty and snorkeling. Thanks for your advice!

If you love both natural beauty and snorkelling then choose the 10 day and visit Huahine. I believe it also goes to Rangiroa and Fakarava which are 2 of the most beautiful atolls and quite different from the other hilly volcanic islands.

Huahine is great also because if you take Marc's tour you can see the islands by road or boat (Circle island tour), have a motu picnic, do some wonderful snorkelling and the shark feeding is a really great experience as well. I had taken a similar tour run by the ship and it was not as good as Marc's.

I also love Ato's tour in Fakarava and the next time I go to Tahiti hope to visit the pink sands in Rangiroa.

Wha ever you choose you are sure to have a fabulous time on the PG.

We did the 7 day trip with Raitea 14 years ago on Windstar and visited Hauhine on the 10 day PG itinerary this past August. I think the decision is can you swing the 10 days on the PG. Both cruises were fantastic but I rate the PG my best cruise ever out of 20 over 30 years. To get 3 more days on the PG is worth it. That itinerary is diver friendly and we are not divers. Book your snorkel tours early so you can drift snorkel and pinnacle snorkel in the Marquesas. We did Cristophe's snorkel tour in Bora Bora and it was the best we have ever been on. If you like history of the area you are visiting Mark Eddows Trail of the Ancients on Morea is excellent and very educational with a little light walking. I'd go for the 10 days on the PG just because it is 10 days! Have a great trip. Planning is half the fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived