Are There Any Good Lobster Bakes or Lobster Rest. To Do On Our Own??

LAFFNVEGAS

LuAnn

If I were you I wouldn't miss the opportunity to see the lighthouse. It is definately picturesque. The walking "trail" on Back Cove is actually just down the street from my house and although it is beautiful to walk around, you probably will see as much fall color on the way to, and at the lighthouse.

If any family is visiting from out of town we pack sandwiches and always head over to Fort Williams. The kids love to run around, fly kites and occasionaly they will even go in the water (Not Me...BBRRRR!!!!)

LuAnn

If I were you I wouldn't miss the opportunity to see the lighthouse. It is definately picturesque. The walking "trail" on Back Cove is actually just down the street from my house and although it is beautiful to walk around' date=' you probably will see as much fall color on the way to, and at the lighthouse.

If any family is visiting from out of town we pack sandwiches and always head over to Fort Williams. The kids love to run around, fly kites and occasionaly they will even go in the water (Not Me...BBRRRR!!!!)[/quote']

Hooked....boy are you lucky! It sounds like such as awesome area...I'm a bit overwhelmed with what to do in all the ports! Any and all suggestions from you regarding the sights/restaurants/events etc. is most appreciated..we are doing the 12 day Fall Colors on the QM2..I think it goes to most of the popluar destinations in the area....thanks again! LuAnn (if you ever come to San Diego I'd be happy to provide similar advice for my neck of the woods)

Hooked....boy are you lucky! It sounds like such as awesome area...I'm a bit overwhelmed with what to do in all the ports! Any and all suggestions from you regarding the sights/restaurants/events etc. is most appreciated..we are doing the 12 day Fall Colors on the QM2..I think it goes to most of the popluar destinations in the area....thanks again! LuAnn (if you ever come to San Diego I'd be happy to provide similar advice for my neck of the woods)

Have an absolutely wonderful trip!

LuAnn' date='

If you would like, I would be happy to mail you out a little map and booklet of the area, so that you can get some ideas as to what to do while you are in Portland. If you would find this helpful, just send me an e-mail.

Hooked[/quote']

Hooked...tried to send you an email but the profile says you do not accept emails? Would really appreciate the info...so..let me know the best way to give you the info needed to mail it...LuAnn

Hooked...Can you give me some idea of what to expect re weather? We are leaving 9/26 from NYC and going up to Quebec City, Halifax, Boston, Portland etc (12 day total), arriving back 10/8 in NYC...remember I'm from So Cal so don't have any blood in these veins!!!...will it be raining? cold? (cold to me is anything below 60!) cloudy? Any input would be helpful! Thanks LuAnn

I agree with the previous post. The weather here can get very chilly at night. Low 50's now, so it probably will drop a bit more by the end of the month. The day can run anywhere from 60 deg. to 75 deg. It usually is dry and cool, not much rain. I will say one thing is definate........it is a beautiful time of year to be here.

I will check the weather closer to your trip and report back to you sometime just before the 26th of Sept.

P.S.

I tried to get another book of the city for you, but I was unable to. I hope the couple of things I sent will be at least a little helpful. If anything, they will surely help you navigate the port area and find the shops or restaurants that you want to visit while you are here.

Hooked

• 2 weeks later...

LuAnn,

Thanks for the offer, but we wouldn't hear of it. It is our pleasure to help out. You just enjoy our little city!

Hubby and I went to Fort Williams two weeks ago. It was the kids first full day back to school so we decided to go have lunch and relax ALONE.

It's such a great spot! I hope you have a chance to get to as many places as you would like to while you are here.

LuAnn,

I am not sure of when you are actually leaving for your trip. I wanted to give you an accurate a forecast as I could, although I am not a weatherman. I think it is pretty safe to say for the next several days that the temps will run in the mid to low 60's during the day, and be around 50 at night. Although this is Maine, and anything goes weatherwise, we have had a pretty nice season thus far. I hope you have a wonderful trip!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hooked...We are back from the BEST cruise ever!!! Thank you so much for all your help and advice! The day we were there was VERY foggy so didn't get to see as much of your fair city as we would have liked to...missed several of the lighthouses due to the fog...but still great and fun! Please let me know if you are ever coming our way to San Diego! LuAnn

Hi LuAnn,

Sorry It has taken me so long to reply. We have a new 8 week old puppy, so you can imagine my activities have been........ focused shall we say :)

I couldn't believe the fog we had the day you were in port. On the news they did a brief story on the ship being here, but they began by saying we would just have to take their word for it. We had a couple of days of the heavy fog, but consider yourself somewhat lucky, because since then we have had nothing but rain..heavy rain. I'm glad you had a great cruise, I would love to hear of some highlights.

Hooked

I know...I have seen the rain on the news....it started that Sat. in NY City when we returned! Hope you don't have flooding etc? A new puppy??? How fun...and a challenge!!!??? Because I have your mailing address (I think I saved it?)...I will send you a run-down on the cruise...for us I think it was the BEST ever...and mostly because of the ports...but the ship was awesome as well....I was interviewed on the ship in Boston for the radio....how fun is that? The fog was awesome...you can imagine...we were the last tender from shore...it is getting dark...and you can't see A THING!!!!! They had officers on board the tenders, and they were going in tandem (so they would show up better on the radar screens!!!) and the ship, as you can imagine, so huge...we couldn't see her until we were RIGHT there...and when we came along side the officer said" We are so glad we found you!"...quite a wonderful adventure which be "etched" in our memory of Portand forever!!! LuAnn

I know...I have seen the rain on the news....it started that Sat. in NY City when we returned! Hope you don't have flooding etc? A new puppy??? How fun...and a challenge!!!??? Because I have your mailing address (I think I saved it?)...I will send you a run-down on the cruise...for us I think it was the BEST ever...and mostly because of the ports...but the ship was awesome as well....I was interviewed on the ship in Boston for the radio....how fun is that? The fog was awesome...you can imagine...we were the last tender from shore...it is getting dark...and you can't see A THING!!!!! They had officers on board the tenders, and they were going in tandem (so they would show up better on the radar screens!!!) and the ship, as you can imagine, so huge...we couldn't see her until we were RIGHT there...and when we came along side the officer said" We are so glad we found you!"...quite a wonderful adventure which be "etched" in our memory of Portand forever!!! LuAnn

Archived