Alcohol Question

SwtHeartMb03

Question: I know that the drinking age on Carnival is 21, however most ports its younger. What happens if you buy alcohol at a port and bring back to the ship. I am not 21, one year short, so I was wondering if I was going to be able to bring home a bottle of something with me from one of the ports. Does anyone know how this works? :confused:

You can not bring alcohol back into the U.S. if you are under age. The law isn't just that you are not old enough to drink, but also that you are to young to possess alcohol. So drink in the port you can, but with Customs Officers possibly checking your luggage. Is it worth the chance. They would probably simply take the alcohol, but these days with the way people feel about under age drinking and DUI. One can never be sure about what Customs might say or do. Good luck and have a great cruise.

My kids were always able to buy stuff in the ports. Nothing is said when they bring it back. BUT most times the ship will take it and return it the last night.

Serene56 did they bring back to the US? Couldn't I be like, Im bringing back for family I am going with.?

Serene56 did they bring back to the US? Couldn't I be like, Im bringing back for family I am going with.?

It is illegal to be in possession of it... if you are bringing it along for family, their likely response would be, it should be in possession of your family members who are of age. You can always give it a shot, just know that it is illegal, and there is always a chance you could get caught...

As far as bringing it on the ship from ports... it's not an age thing, they take it and hold it until the last night for everyone.

It is illegal to be in possession of it... if you are bringing it along for family, their likely response would be, it should be in possession of your family members who are of age. You can always give it a shot, just know that it is illegal, and there is always a chance you could get caught...

As far as bringing it on the ship from ports... it's not an age thing, they take it and hold it until the last night for everyone.

I understand. I was trying to see it we would be able to since their is like a 2 bottle limit to how much you can bring back with you. Wanted to bring back a little more. I didnt think it was "illegal" to be in possession of it unless it was opened.

Generally it is illegal for consumption and possession... as for the limits, if you are traveling with family, have them take it with them. IF they are charged a duty, it is not much at all... but most people put it on their customs form and are just waved through customs....

Archived