Private Van Service From Nynashamn to Stockholm

Does anyone know of any private van service from Nynashamn to Stockholm (and then back to the ship of course)?

We have a group of 11, and so would like to avoid the high cost of joining a ship-arranged service from Nynashamn to Stockholm. I already have lots of information about taking the train to Stockholm (thanks to people posting the information on this board!), but I would also like to explore if private van is another option for us.

Thanks a lot!!!

I've a group of 8 and am interested in the same info as well. In fact, even though I read a lot of threads saying Stockholm is easy to tour yourself, I don't mind having a local guide so I don't have to try to figure out how to get from site to site. As of now, I'm 'the guide' for my group so that's a scary thought. Don't get me wrong as I always like to explore on my own. Just that with the 2-hr train ride R/T, we only have a few precious hours in Stockholm and I certainly don't want to waste time and have the other 7 people suffer with me, especially if weather does not co-operate on the day of our visit.

We are a group of 12 on the 7/14 sailing. I have not found any tour guide and van that comes to the Princess port. Stockhom stories meets groups in town and advised to take the train - the description of the walk for the train, the wait and returning in time to catch the ship make me want to take the ship transportation to Stockholm, although I believe it is outrageously priced; but it may offer the best way to spend the most time in Stockholm without being anxious regarding a timely return train trip. I'd also be interested in a van pick up at the port.

I have talked to the Nynäshamn Tourist Office, and they confirmed that they may be able to help you if you contact them by e-mail with your special requirements. It may be expensive, services like this are expensive in Sweden, but it may be worth trying at least.

The name of the office is TuristNynäs AB, and the mail address is info@turistnynas.com.

I have also found a transport company in the Nynäshamn area wich has taxis, limos and buses. The name of the company is Kerstins Taxi & Buss. Their internet site is only in Swedish and they do not give an e-mail address. But their telephone number is +46 8 530 42 10, fax number +46 8 432 15.

Hope this is of some help.

Does anyone know why Princess has to dock at Nynashamn? Is it the sheer size of the vessel? I have seen quite large ships make the beautiful voyage up through the Stockholm archipelago (the Constellation comes to mind). Or perhaps Princess just wants to make a fast getaway to the next port (ships have to go a lot slower through the archipelago).

I always feel a bit sad when I see you Princess cruisers scrambling for a ride to town. Not only do you miss the spectacular archipelago, but you also have to spend at the very least 1 hour each way sitting on a commuter train or a bus (the train is faster by the way).

Anyway, if anyone happens to know the real reason why Princess docks at Nynashamn, I would be interested.

Stockholm deserves more time, just my opinion.

Skål

Al: Since you live there, would you mind calling that Limo-Taxi service for us to get the rates? Many of us would surely appreciate it. Thank you.

The name of the company is Kerstins Taxi & Buss. Their internet site is only in Swedish and they do not give an e-mail address. But their telephone number is +46 8 530 42 10.

CA Traveller: Thank you for making the contact. Will you post the reply here?? We surely appreciate your help.

I was able to find two different companies that would arrange a private tour for four people. It includes pickup at Nynashamn, and a customized itinerary for the day. The quotes came back yesterday. One was $1500 US, and the other was $1800 US.

We'll be taking the train.....

Happy Sailings!

I have just spoken to a very pleasant well spoken (in English) guy at the Stockholm Tourist Info Office. He told me the trains run every half hour during the week and hourly on Sunday (the day we'll be there) If we take the 9.07am train it would arrive at approx 10.07am then we would need to catch the 2.52pm to be sure of getting back to the ship on time.

The saving would be considerable, approx $US20 RETURN COMPARED TO $72 for the ships coach ride, a saving of $52:eek:

http://www.stockholmtown.com/templates/Startpage___2023__EN.aspx

Al: Since you live there, would you mind calling that Limo-Taxi service for us to get the rates? Many of us would surely appreciate it. Thank you.

The name of the company is Kerstins Taxi & Buss. Their internet site is only in Swedish and they do not give an e-mail address. But their telephone number is +46 8 530 42 10.

CA Traveller: Thank you for making the contact. Will you post the reply here?? We surely appreciate your help.

If you give the website I can read it and tell you what it says. My Swedish is perfect, since I had it for the first 25 years of my life.:)

Al Frescoe, I sure agree that Stockholm deserves much more time. I hate that we use approximately 3 or more hours of our time getting to Stockholm and back to the ship. I do envy those people on the ships that dock in town. Oh well, we'll make the best of it and it will be an adventure. Fortunately, I've been to Stockholm two other times and had a few days each time. Marlyne

AL FRESCOE: Here is the Link:

http://www.kerstinstaxi.nu/aktuella.html

KERSTINS TAXI & BUSS

Tel. 08-530 430 10 • Fax. 08-530 432 15

F Å L L N Ä S – T U R E N

Guidad busstur med Maria Landin som berättare.

Henrik Toll berättar om Fållnäs gård.

Vi besöker Hin Håles trädgård samt utgrävningarna av järnåldersbosättningarna.

Pris 210 kr (inkl. kaffe</SPAN>)

Kl. 18.30 den 21/7 och 28/7

(Minst 20 anmälningar för att turen skall utföras)

Avgång från turiststationen i Nynäshamn

KOMMUNTUREN

Guidad 6 timmars busstur med Maria Landin som berättare.

Vi besöker Hammersten ruin, runhällen Blista, skeppssättningen vid korsvägarna, Stora Vika, Ösmo Kyrka och kaffe med smörgås i Fattigstugan

Pris 275 kr (inkl. kaffe)

Kl. 10.00 till 16.00 den 19/6, 10/7 och 24/7

SORUNDATUREN

Guidad busstur med Maria Landin som berättare.

Vi utgår från Nynäshamn och besöker Sorunda Kyrka, Norr Enby, Stutby, rishopen, Fituna, Vårdkasen där kaffe serveras.

Pris 210 kr (inkl. kaffe)

Kl. 18.30 den 7/7 och 14/7

RE: Kerstins Taxi & Bus from Nynashamn

I am working on some info about this, but the first thing I found out is that Kerstins has a deal with the cruise lines. So, if you take a tour with the cruise lines you are already riding with Kerstins ... lol. I'll try to put something else up about this soon and it will be available at our site for future reference.

Skål

RE: Kerstins Taxi & Bus from Nynashamn

I am working on some info about this, but the first thing I found out is that Kerstins has a deal with the cruise lines. So, if you take a tour with the cruise lines you are already riding with Kerstins ... lol. I'll try to put something else up about this soon and it will be available at our site for future reference.

Skål

Al, you're such a wonderful and helpful person. :)

While looking for Kerstins Taxi & Buss website, I came across this website http://www.taxinynas.se/1024/start_1024.htm and although I don't know a word of Swedish :confused: , I believe I figure out the general info. Of course, I would like you to confirm. From this website, if you click on the Taxi button, it talks about an 8-person maxitaxi with air condition. What I make of it is that they provide transportation between Nynashamn and Stockholm City. I also believe the fare is listed as 730 SEK for one-way and roundtrip is just an additional 655 SEK. So can you check the link and let me know if I am close or if I am totally off track? Obviously, I can't make out the other pages but I did email Susanne Dufva. I'll see if she gets back to me or not.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated....by many...:D

I was able to find two different companies that would arrange a private tour for four people. It includes pickup at Nynashamn, and a customized itinerary for the day. The quotes came back yesterday. One was $1500 US, and the other was $1800 US.

We'll be taking the train.....

Joel - I got a quote today from Maria Lindberg Howard of http://www.stockholmstories.com/st_eng_personal.htm and it's much more reasonable. Here's an excerpt of the quote:

Traveling from Nynashamn to Stockholm - A taxi (takes up to 4 people) costs about SEK 700 one way and a van (takes more than 8 people) costs about SEK 2,000 for a roundtrip.

Private tour - The price for a 4 hrs personally guided walking tour of Stockholm tour is SEK 500 per person with a minimum of SEK 2000 (4 people). They also offer 2-hr & 3-hr tours for less.

So the total for 4 persons including R/T transfer is < US$500.

Anyone tours with them before??

Al, you're such a wonderful and helpful person. :)

While looking for Kerstins Taxi & Buss website, I came across this website http://www.taxinynas.se/1024/start_1024.htm and although I don't know a word of Swedish :confused: , I believe I figure out the general info. Of course, I would like you to confirm. From this website, if you click on the Taxi button, it talks about an 8-person maxitaxi with air condition. What I make of it is that they provide transportation between Nynashamn and Stockholm City. I also believe the fare is listed as 730 SEK for one-way and roundtrip is just an additional 655 SEK. So can you check the link and let me know if I am close or if I am totally off track? Obviously, I can't make out the other pages but I did email Susanne Dufva. I'll see if she gets back to me or not.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated....by many...:D

That site is pretty straightforward ( what a concept ... lol ).

I believe I will start another thread with the info that I came up with to make it easier for others to search in the future.

Skål

You may not need to pay a guide to take you around Stockholm. We had an Eyewitness guidebook and found the city to be easy to navigate. We walked for hours. It is an incredibly beautiful place.

Archived