short review Sea Princess 8th- 16th December 2011

The Fox

Hi ,

Just a short review of our cruise on Sea princess to Tasmania via Melbourne.

Boarding

Was efficient ,organised and without delay...I think the temporary terminal works better than the old one....much more room and seating.

Weather

The weather throughtout the cruise was mostly clear skies but in Tassie it was quiet cool and required a jumper.The seas very smooth through the entire cruise

Ports

Melbourne was great ...did a cruise on the Yarra and a sight seeing tour around town by bus.....My worst fears arose....Di has never been to Melbourne....and of course she wants to go there as a land based holiday.

Burnie

Pretty little sea side port....easy walk from ship to town and you can walk around town in an hour .went to the museum there ....very interesting and worth a visit.

Hobart

Was good ...we did a sight seeing trip around the town and surrounds by coach which included a tour of the Cadbury factory then walked around the dock area.

Port Arthur

Did the walking tour around the ruins ....very good and eerie ....a greatinsight to times past.....again cool but sunny.

Scenic Cruising

Wine Glass bay was spectular and the colours of the rock faces and islands around Oyster bay were simply breath taking.

Entertainment

Had the usual production shows with some special guest artists performing.

All were of a high standard and very enjoyable.

Food and Service

Inaword " excellent".The service was fist class and the staff very friendly and polite.....nothing was a problem.

The food both in the buffet and the main dinning room was as good as any I have experienced on any previous cruise.

The Ship

The Sea Princess is exactly the same as her sister ships Sun & Dawn princess but its the younger of the others and had been tarted up a bit before heading to Australia and this was evident....in all a beautifull ship through out.

Disembarkation

Fast efficient and smooth

In a word would I sail with Princess again......Definately

From 2 very happy cruisers.

Col & Di:)

Thanks for the review.

Nice to hear good comments. Sounds like it was a lovely cruise.

It would be great if they did more local cruising. I think they would be a lot more popular than they realise.

Did you need to have a passport for this cruise?

I realise a passport is the ideal form of ID, but some people dont have one.

Thanks for the review.

Nice to hear good comments. Sounds like it was a lovely cruise.

It would be great if they did more local cruising. I think they would be a lot more popular than they realise.

Did you need to have a passport for this cruise?

I realise a passport is the ideal form of ID, but some people dont have one.

Hi David ,

a paassport was not required just photo ID....it was a great cruise

Hi ,

The Ship

The Sea Princess... had been tarted up a bit ...and this was evident

Col & Di:)

As the Red Headed witch would say "please explain" :p

Is it just a perception or are there specific areas where the Sea P has a better presence than the Sun P or Dawn P ?

cheers

Tasmania is part of Australia, just not attached to the mainland . Other islands include Norfolk Island and lord Howe Island.

Australians would NOT require a Passport for an Australian Coastal cruise .

New Zealanders and other Overseas visitors would require a Passport and in some cases a Visa or ETSA to visit Australia .

Hi, on Australian coast cruises, no passport required...but, must have Government issue photo I.D.

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

It was hard to fill out the RCCL personaliser without a passport number but as mentioned being a total Australian cruise, no passports were needed at check in AND no duty free available either.

Thanks for your review! I just wish they would operate that cruise on Brisbane-based ships. Apart from wishing to see those ports, I think it would make sense to do it in summer instead of risking cyclones etc going to the islands. Also, I have no wish to go to the islands in summer - far too hot and humid IMO.

Archived