Interior Cabin

VolzCruiser

Lots of people prefer inside cabins. They like the darkness it provides at night and that can be important in Alaska. It allows them to cruise more often and permits them to spend more on excursions. Also, in Alaska you want to spend as much time out on deck or in a lounge that has good views as to stay in ones cabin or on the balcony you only see half of what Alaska provides. So by all means do it.

Most of my Alaska trips have been in either an obstructed or inside cabin. One trick is to select a location where you are close to an outside exit. Check the deck plans and either very forward or aft the top decks may have outside access nearby. The other option is to get a location one deck above the promenade near a stairway.

I prefer to take more cruises an/or spend the money on excursions than a better cabin. I liek to move around teh ship for different viewpoints so a balcony is not in my plans.

I always book a cheap inside, my priority is time and going for as long as I want and taking any excursions I desire. You are going to have to determine what your traveling style is???? There are plenty of people who that outside or balcony cabin is more important.

My DW and I are thinking of booking a cruise to Alaskan cruise but was wondering how much would be lost in booking an Interior Cabin?

It will all depend on your attitude/needs.

The ports are the same.

The meals are the same.

The service is the same. (Well unless you go really high up...)

The panorama that the upper decks provides is more than one balcony. Seriously, if you are on the port & see something on starboard - quick walk. If you balcony is port - chances are that you missed out completly on starboard. (Think wildlife, not scenery, because the ships can & do turn...)

I thoght that I "had" to have a balcony for Alaska, but in the end booked an inside & now I will be bale to have a better shore excursion. & with the long daylight hours, I will have dark when I want to sleep.

All of the above stated are my opinions, yours may vary.

We had a balcony cabin on the Coral Princess and loved it, but we also spent a loy of time on the forward and aft balconies- the aft on the Emerald deck and the forward "secret" balcony on the Baja deck- learned all about it here on CC. The cabin balcony came in handy for early morning viewing in pjs, but most of the time we were out and about.

Archived