Would you feel safe on Mariner tonight?

gcvt

We were onboard on the 12/04 cruise and we did not get sick. We went to the windjammer and did all the normal things with few exceptions. We did not shake hands, we washed our hands alot, and enjoyed our cruise. I think that the culprit might be someone thinking the are well just because they are feeling better and no longer having any "symptoms" ..... This doen't mean you are no longer contagious!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

We were just off the Mariner yesterday. It was mentioned often by the Captain and Staff that is is the flu/gi bug season and that they would like us to wash hands often and use hand sanitizer upon entering Dining Rooms. We were a group of 27 and all stayed healthy this past week!!!

I did take some Lysol wipes and went over all surfaces in our cabin. I normally wouldn't do that but with all the talk about the NoroVirus on the Mariner I decided a little extra precaution wouldn't hurt!!!

I saw crew members wiping down hand rails and elevator buttons. I think they are doing their best to keep everyone healthy on their vacation.

Since I originally posted this thread three weeks ago, how many of the 20+ ships in the RCI fleet experienced Noro outbreaks?

How many of those ships experienced it over three consecutive weeks?

Can anyone give me these numbers?

With two Noros under her belt, would you be feeling safe four hours in to your voyage on Mariner tonight? Would you be doing anything differently right now? Would you avoid certain areas of the ship, skip certain events, etc.?

My whole family just had a bout with the norovirus and we weren't cruising. We went to California for Christmas and caught it from our nephew. It's that time of year. You can catch most anywhere:(

Archived