When using Visa points for a free cruise...

you still get the full cruise credits right? I guess they are points now, not credits.

It doesn't matter how it was paid, or who paid for the cruise - it is the fact that you completed it?

This is the first time we have saved up enough points to get one of the free cruises - we have booked a suite, and know in the past that they would apply the value of the minimum available oceanview (or balcony if we get enough points by then) to the stateroom we have booked. Is that still true?

We actually have 2 staterooms booked, because we are travelling as party of 6. It might actually be a better deal to use the 125,000 point reward twice, one for each stateroom. Does that work - can I choose to apply the reward to any stateroom I choose? If I have one of my children in one stateroom and dh, myself and another child in another stateroom.

Has anyone kept track to see when the value of a stateroom is typically the highest? Like 3-6 months before a cruise?

you still get the full cruise credits right? I guess they are points now, not credits.

It doesn't matter how it was paid, or who paid for the cruise - it is the fact that you completed it?

This is the first time we have saved up enough points to get one of the free cruises - we have booked a suite, and know in the past that they would apply the value of the minimum available oceanview (or balcony if we get enough points by then) to the stateroom we have booked. Is that still true?

We actually have 2 staterooms booked, because we are travelling as party of 6. It might actually be a better deal to use the 125,000 point reward twice, one for each stateroom. Does that work - can I choose to apply the reward to any stateroom I choose? If I have one of my children in one stateroom and dh, myself and another child in another stateroom.

Has anyone kept track to see when the value of a stateroom is typically the highest? Like 3-6 months before a cruise?

I have read here that you must pay something for a cruise to get the points. If that is still true, you should be able to call the redemption people and make sure they keep a balance of at least $1 per person on the booking.

I have read here that you must pay something for a cruise to get the points. If that is still true, you should be able to call the redemption people and make sure they keep a balance of at least $1 per person on the booking.

Thanks - I don't think we will have a problem with it costing us more than $1 - since we are booking several categories above the "minimum available".

Anyone have a general idea of when the prices for a cruise are usually the most expensive?

Archived