Carnival Differences- Good and Bad

Highlander1

We are a 53 year old couple that have only been cruising for a few years. We've tried NCL (Dawn), Princess (Caribbean), RCCL (Explorer) and Celebrity (Summit) and now its looking like Carnival's turn. So far, we've liked every line, there are subtle differences but not as many as one would think after reading these boards. If we had to rate the lines in order of our preference it would be Princess, NCL, RCCL and Celebrity. Princess gets the top billing because we thought the food was best, the entertainment was surprisingly good and the ship and crew were wonderful. Celebrity finishes last because the MDR food was mediocre at best and many of the guests were a bit too stuffy for us, quiet is nice, checking for pulses is not my idea of a fun cruise.

On the negative side, both Princess and Celebrity were a little too subdued and laidback for our liking, although our best party days are in the rear view mirror, we don't mind some fun and noise on occasion. Carnival has a reputation of being a younger persons line, with more partying and carrying on than most. We do like to sleep peacefully, so if the ships halls are loud and without curfew that could be a problem.

Our main concern is the quality of products and service we will receive, afterall, the cost is substantially less for a 7 day NE/ Canadian cruise out of NYC than either Princess, RCCL or even NCL. Sometimes you get what you pay for, sometimes not. Can anyone compare the various lines and try to explain how Carnival can provide at least the product/services that the other lines do for a more reasonable cost. I don't buy many folks descriptions that Carinval is inferior, afterall, they are in the cruise business and know what they must do to compete.

Also, we realize different ships make a difference but we were very satisfied with all the ships we've sailed so far, looking at he Glory and Miracle for a fall cruise out of NYC.

Please offer your thoughts as I'm trying to convince a group of folks that we should try Carnival. BTW, we usually book a balcony room or ocean view room so suites or penthouses are not needed or wanted.

We are a 53 year old couple that have only been cruising for a few years. We've tried NCL (Dawn), Princess (Caribbean), RCCL (Explorer) and Celebrity (Summit) and now its looking like Carnival's turn. So far, we've liked every line, there are subtle differences but not as many as one would think after reading these boards. If we had to rate the lines in order of our preference it would be Princess, NCL, RCCL and Celebrity. Princess gets the top billing because we thought the food was best, the entertainment was surprisingly good and the ship and crew were wonderful. Celebrity finishes last because the MDR food was mediocre at best and many of the guests were a bit too stuffy for us, quiet is nice, checking for pulses is not my idea of a fun cruise.

On the negative side, both Princess and Celebrity were a little too subdued and laidback for our liking, although our best party days are in the rear view mirror, we don't mind some fun and noise on occasion. Carnival has a reputation of being a younger persons line, with more partying and carrying on than most. We do like to sleep peacefully, so if the ships halls are loud and without curfew that could be a problem.

Our main concern is the quality of products and service we will receive, afterall, the cost is substantially less for a 7 day NE/ Canadian cruise out of NYC than either Princess, RCCL or even NCL. Sometimes you get what you pay for, sometimes not. Can anyone compare the various lines and try to explain how Carnival can provide at least the product/services that the other lines do for a more reasonable cost. I don't buy many folks descriptions that Carinval is inferior, afterall, they are in the cruise business and know what they must do to compete.

Also, we realize different ships make a difference but we were very satisfied with all the ships we've sailed so far, looking at he Glory and Miracle for a fall cruise out of NYC.

Please offer your thoughts as I'm trying to convince a group of folks that we should try Carnival. BTW, we usually book a balcony room or ocean view room so suites or penthouses are not needed or wanted.

Carnival should fit your bill. We were much older when we started cruising but do like the upbeat atmosphere have never had any problems We loved the Miracle as it was easy to get around on. Glory was great probably a little more active. Even if you don't want to participate in all the activites there is always something to watch or view. Never had any noise problems but would avoid seasons where the kids are out of school. Hope this helps

I'm 53 my husband is in his early 60's. We prefer balcony cabins too. We've sailed RCCL, Princess and Carnival. As you say, there are subtle differences between the cruise lines, the decor, the rooms. For example, the balcony rooms on Carnival are much larger than the balcony rooms on Princess ships, and Carnival gives you a sofa in the room for more seating.

Don't get too caught up in the old hype about Carnival being just this side of a drunken frat party type of cruise line. We haven't found that ever to be the case. We've also found that the type of service we've received in Carnival to be as good as any we've received on any cruise line. Carnival's plus is that there are decent fares to be had, without giving up quality and service.

Maybe they aren't as fancy as, let's say Celebrity or Crystal Cruises, something like that. If you care about that kind of thing, about being more formal and expensive, then Carnival isn't for you. But I don't believe that Carnival is inferior to other cruise lines, just different. Remind your friends that Carnival is a major player in the cruise market, and they cater to not just Americans, but an international audience as well. If they couldn't keep up with the demands of such a broad spectrum, then they wouldn't still be in business.

I'm 53 my husband is in his early 60's. We prefer balcony cabins too. We've sailed RCCL, Princess and Carnival. As you say, there are subtle differences between the cruise lines, the decor, the rooms. For example, the balcony rooms on Carnival are much larger than the balcony rooms on Princess ships, and Carnival gives you a sofa in the room for more seating.

Don't get too caught up in the old hype about Carnival being just this side of a drunken frat party type of cruise line. We haven't found that ever to be the case. We've also found that the type of service we've received in Carnival to be as good as any we've received on any cruise line. Carnival's plus is that there are decent fares to be had, without giving up quality and service.

Maybe they aren't as fancy as, let's say Celebrity or Crystal Cruises, something like that. If you care about that kind of thing, about being more formal and expensive, then Carnival isn't for you. But I don't believe that Carnival is inferior to other cruise lines, just different. Remind your friends that Carnival is a major player in the cruise market, and they cater to not just Americans, but an international audience as well. If they couldn't keep up with the demands of such a broad spectrum, then they wouldn't still be in business.

I couldn't have put it better myself. I haven't sailed RCI yet but other than the decor of the ship, I didn't see much meaningfully different between Princess and Carnival - they aren't even priced all that differently anymore.

Carnival offers a lot of one thing that other lines seem to offer hardly any of, and that's whimsy. The public rooms are a perfect example - every one is a flight of fancy, and people who complain about this are taking things waaaay too seriously - it's entertainment architecture, if you don't like that sort of thing you should sail another line. Carnival does a fine job with food, considering that even on their smallest ships, they have at least 3000 mouths to feed at a time (counting the crew - they eat the same food as the passengers). Yes, they are giving us the product to a price point....just like the other lines.

I love Carnival - best travel value I've ever found.

Carol & I have only cruised on RCCL and Carnival. We had short 4-day cruise in 2005 on RCCL out of Port Canaveral. The things I remember about the RCCL cruise was that our balcony room seemed a bit larger, but the balcony was recessed so privacy and views were a concern. This ship had been recently renovated with added balconies. The pool was much larger on the "lido" deck on the RCCL ship, but that fact is based upon the ships we have been on with Carnival. I understand the Legend (which we sail on in January) has a larger center-ship type pool.

Being our second cruise, we didn't seem to notice huge differences between the two lines. The food seemed the same in quality (but we are not MDR diners). The shows were enjoyable on both. There were more children on the RCCL, but that was probably due to the June sailing (the Carnival was a September sailing).

We were already booked for cruise #3 with Carnival in September 2005, so we decided to stay with them and move towards Platinum status. Until the recent changes suggested for the "status" milestones, we would have been getting closer to our goal.

Curiously, we are now contemplating changing our cruise line. We are both in our early 60's and are interested in going up a level and seeing how that type of cruise experience suits us.

Finally, we have no interest in the larger 5000-6000 passenger vessels and that will guide our choices.

We generally sail RCL but did enjoy one Carnival cruise.

These 2 lines are more alike than different.

Food is subjective but I did prefer Windjammer to Carnival's Lido buffet. The MDR's were very similar, slight edge to Carnival.

I think Entertainment was the biggest difference.

We always enjoy the nightly shows and RC seemed to have more variety; singers, acrobatics, magic comedians, even a great violinist. The Carnival productions shows were okay but Carnival seems to be emphasizing the comedy clubs, 2 to 4 comedians during a 7 night cruise, adult and family friendly routines.

Whatever you choose you should have a wonderful time.

I think it is going to depend on what ship you sail. I do recommend giving them a try. You seem to like going on different cruise lines, so Carnival is your next logical choice. Is the ship you are considering a Spirit Class? If so, that would be what I recommend. You will have a good time on any of their ships, but their newer ships have gotten too crowded without ample open space to accomodate.

We have sailed on the same lines as you with the exception of Princess. I would choose a RCCL ship over Carnival. I say that because the ships themselves are beautiful on Royal Caribbean whereas the decor of Carnival, on most ships and especially Miracle is garish.

I think the choices for lunch on Carnival far outweigh Royal Caribbean. I love the deli on Carnival ships as well the other eating places far more than the choices on Royal. I think the buffet itself is better on Royal, but the burgers and sandwiches are all pre-made where on Carnival they are freshly made.

I think the food on Royal is "classier" than Carnival's dinners. Meatloaf, fried chicken etc. does not do it for me on a cruise and Carnival is now into the "comfort" foods. Carnival's steak houses are better than Chops on Royal.

Royal Caribbean is a bit more formal than Carnival. I say that in that shorts are not permitted in the MDR for dinner on Royal, but are fine on Carnival. ALso more suits and jackets are worn on formal/elegant night on Royal. Carnival has more dress shirts without ties/with ties without jackets.

We have also sailed on Glory and enjoyed that ship. It is not as over the top decor-wise as Miracle. Carnival is trying to improve their service, but the staff is really stretched thin. I don't notice it on Royal Caribbean.

Overall, I think you could have a great time on Carnival. We sail both interchangeably, but our expectations are not as high on Carnival. We are also people who have a good time on all our cruises, just some are better than others. If Glory still sailed from Pt Canaveral, we would definitely sail on her for the 4th time.

Thanks so much for the replies, seems like Carnival is a major player for good reason. As for ships decor, my wife notices and cares more than I do, I'm not buying it, only renting a room for a week or so. Anyway, pleasantly surprised to hear a majority of positives for the dining, and we don't hesitate to try specialty restaurants for a change and hopefully better meal. I think we should take a trip to find out.

As for cruise line loyalty, we have no intention of sticking with one or two lines, and no interest in trying some of the more exclusive lines as unfortunately money has to be a factor. Seems like the smaller lines costs are usually at least double, they can't dust me off enough or give me enough free wine to lure me in.

Next up is a 12 day on Celebrity Silhouette in March and then a planned 30th Anniversary 4 day Bermuda sampler out of NYC in October on Caribbean Princess. Might try and talk the friends and family travelling to take a 7 day Carnival NE/Canada trip for about the same cost instead.:cool:

I too have been on about every lins as you have. But the one thing that brings me back to Carnival is when cruising with a large group or family. No matter what the age there is something for everyone to enjoy at all times!

I can't say the food and service is what it use to be but maybe after a lot of cruises the wow factor is not there. Let's face it,it's hard for anyone to cook a great meal for 3k people?

I will always remember my concierge class cruising on Celebrity They had a pillow menu, I had beer and a fruit and cheese platter delivered every day at 4, got invited to. The captains table, and the captain even delivered my breakfast one morning as a joke :)

But after dinner they rolled the streets up and turned off the lights. same on Princess as well!

Now like the above poster I would never pick a ship for the decor or who's wearing a tux or not. I have 3 and am not lugging one on board for a dinner or two. I am on vacation and not the prom :) More power to those that like to get all dolled up and maybe they don't get the chance that often? I still have very nice but package clothes. besides I am there to check out the ladies :)

I too have been on about every lins as you have. But the one thing that brings me back to Carnival is when cruising with a large group or family. No matter what the age there is something for everyone to enjoy at all times!

I can't say the food and service is what it use to be but maybe after a lot of cruises the wow factor is not there. Let's face it,it's hard for anyone to cook a great meal for 3k people?

I will always remember my concierge class cruising on Celebrity They had a pillow menu, I had beer and a fruit and cheese platter delivered every day at 4, got invited to. The captains table, and the captain even delivered my breakfast one morning as a joke :)

But after dinner they rolled the streets up and turned off the lights. same on Princess as well!

Now like the above poster I would never pick a ship for the decor or who's wearing a tux or not. I have 3 and am not lugging one on board for a dinner or two. I am on vacation and not the prom :) More power to those that like to get all dolled up and maybe they don't get the chance that often? I still have very nice but package clothes. besides I am there to check out the ladies :)

Really? Seriously???

I've been on both ships that you mentioned. Both class ships are wonderful. It would be a matter of personal preference to pick one over the other. The Glory is a much larger ship and carries about 2600 passengers whereas the Miracle is smaller with about 2200. It doesn't matter much to me how the ship is decorated but, I have to say, the "grapes" in the Miracle MDR are a bit over the top.

Miracle is the Spirit class and this is our favorite given size. (W'eve sailed on her sister ship the Legend most often) Large, but not overwhelming. Easy to maneuver the decks whereas, on the Glory, you have to go up to go down. Kinda of annoying.

We'll be on our 10th Carnival cruise in February and can hardly wait. Haven't been disappointed yet. Yes, some things have changed but, overall, value was most important and received.

I have sailed RCL (freedom of the seas) and carnival. Carnival is a more "party type" line but not as "party type" as what it use to be. I found the food on carnival way better than RCL which really suprised me (i thought rcl would have had better food) service was also better on carnival. The pools on carnival felt a bit warmer than the freedom of the seas. The shows are more vegas style where on my rcl cruise was more broadway. (if i wanted to see a disney show i would have cruise freaking disney lol). I found the room on RCL (balcony room) to be a tad smaller and didnt like how the bed was oval shaped (with it converted to 2 twins, my foot hung off 1 side lol) the balcony was great on the freedom of the seas (large) however not as private as carnivals balcony rooms. I like the shower curtain and not the doors like on RCL (feels more roomy). Im glad i tried another line, but will continue to cruise carnival from now on.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

If you look at my signature, you will see that I have no loyalty to a cruise line, and like you like to try different things. If your choices are the Glory or Miracle, then I would definitely recommend the Miracle. The ship flows better, less people and the staff on that ship are amazing! Will be sailing on her for the fourth time next July. Although everyone says that they prefer this or that, these days all the mass market cruise lines are more alike than different.

We have sailed on Carnival, RCCL, Princess, HAL, and MSC. We prefer Carnival. We find that Carnival has a more active nightlife, not drunken, just more people out and about and the different venues were well attended. Carnival has wonderful lunch choices, but RCCL has a better layout in the buffet. However, I will take a poorly laid out buffet with better choices than vice versa. Carnival has free 24 hour room service whereas, RCCL charges after midnight. RCCL has better production shows, but Carnival has better comedians. This is all of course IMHO. On my last RCCL cruise they had a dealer at the poker table, where Carnival has the Poker Pro electronic tables. If you have any smokers in your group, you might want to review Carnivals new smoking policies.

Thanks so much for the replies, seems like Carnival is a major player for good reason. As for ships decor, my wife notices and cares more than I do, I'm not buying it, only renting a room for a week or so. Anyway, pleasantly surprised to hear a majority of positives for the dining, and we don't hesitate to try specialty restaurants for a change and hopefully better meal. I think we should take a trip to find out.

As for cruise line loyalty, we have no intention of sticking with one or two lines, and no interest in trying some of the more exclusive lines as unfortunately money has to be a factor. Seems like the smaller lines costs are usually at least double, they can't dust me off enough or give me enough free wine to lure me in.

Next up is a 12 day on Celebrity Silhouette in March and then a planned 30th Anniversary 4 day Bermuda sampler out of NYC in October on Caribbean Princess. Might try and talk the friends and family travelling to take a 7 day Carnival NE/Canada trip for about the same cost instead.:cool:

On the ships legend miracle spirit pride conquest glory liberty freedom valor magic dream and breeze have a steakhouse you can try for a fee.

We've done Carnival (4), Princess (1) and RCI (5) - we have our first NCL cruise coming up in about 50 days or so, cant wait!

Anyway, I agree with your sentiments about Princess. The food on that cruise was fantastic; the best we've ever had in fact. Here's what I've noticed about Carnival:

1. The ships are really not that pretty when compared to Princess or RCI. you'll find the décor gaudy and the ship decorations cold.

2. The pool deck is for me the biggest thing that Carnival needs to improve. While on RCI they typically have 2 nice sized pools, even on the small ships, and a very attractive pool area, on Carnival the pool area is like an afterthought. They have one pool on the main area and one out back in the adults only area. The pools are small, too small in fact, and the pool areas are unattractive. The stadium seating does not help.

3. Food on Carnival ranks last for us. While the MDR food is good and on par with RCI, the buffet is not very good. The food quality does not rank with RCI and its a distant third compared to Princess.

4. Rooms are nice and well appointed on Carnival. Again, it has that gaudy disco look to them but they're comfortable.

5. Entertainment on Carnival in the theatre is amateurish compared to RCI. RCI has headline entertainment and they do a good job. Carnival needs to improve here. If I never hear "Anchors aweigh" sung again it will be too soon.

6. Carnival does a great job with the comedy club - this is something RCI and Princess should copy.

7. Love the warm chocolate melting cake on Carnival.

Long story short - if you want a cruise for a decent price then Carnival may fit your bill. If you're expecting good service then Carnival is as good as RCI or Princess. If you're expecting excellent food and entertainment, you're going to be disappointed on Carnival.

From your post, I gather that we are in the same age group and have similar likes. Therefore, I believe that you will like Carnival. Since I have sailed Carnival and Princess recently, I will compare them. Note that I sail both, so none of the differences are show stoppers.

Cabins: Carinval here. We sail standard cabins. Carinval's standard cabins are larger and the beds more comfortable than Princess. We find Princess matresses to be very hard, but they will put an egg crate on to soften it a bit.

Decor: Princess here. Carnival ships can be a bit over the top for some, but you get used to it. It varies from room to room though. Princess decor is more subdued.

Fitness center / spa facilities- Equal. Both are good. We do not use spa services, so we can't compare that part.

Entertainment. Carnival. Princess has a bit more variety, Carnival's production shows are superior to Princess shows. The comedy club with comedy every night is a great idea. However, comedy on all ships is subjective and will vary according to the comedians that are on a particular cruise.

Food: Princess here. Princess buffets win easily over Carnival. In the MDR, the difference is less, but Princess still wins.

Service: Princess again. Cabin service is about the same, the difference is in the MDR and buffet. Carnival's service is generally good, but Princess' service is a notch higher.

If both lines were running the same itinerary at the same price, I would pick Princess because of the food, but would not hesitate to sail Carnival. If you like NCL and RCCL, then Carnival will be fine. Either way, you should be happy.

Hubby and I have tried numerous lines. We keep going back to Carnival, because it fits us best. Just an fyi - we are in our early 40s, we're not partiers, and we don't have children.

My comparisons may not be fair, as we've only been on one Princess, one HAL and one Norwegian (old ship prior to Freestyle) cruise. However, I'll throw my opinions in the mix. I won't bring Norwegian into this, since it was so long ago. This list is in order of importance for me:

MDR Food - Carnival wins for us, altho Princess and HAL were both close. I guess I would put HAL food 2nd, Princess 3rd. Someone else commented on the new comfort food that Carnival offers - I think it's great for people who are picky and/or don't like to try new things. Carnival also offers the "didja ever" food (ie frog legs). And most of their tried and true standbys are still offered as well.

Other Food - Carnival again wins, due to variety, especially all the stations (dependent on ship): fish n chips, pasta bar, Guys burgers, burrito/taco bar, Mongolian grill, Indian, deli.... 24 hr great pizza! 24 hr free room service. I haven't eaten the regular buffet food on Carnival in years. There is also free sushi every night before dinner.

Entertainment - Carnival wins hands down. Now this may just be from our particular sailings... The Princess ship basically shut down at 9pm. We literally walked around the entire ship, including bars and the decks, at 9pm several nights, and there was nobody out except in the casino. HAL was better, the bars were going, but there were no deck parties. I LOVE Carnival's comedy shows - we go to each comedian at least once, sometimes we go for the PG and the R versions, as they are usually very different.

Service - that is so arbitrary, even being on the same sailing of the same ship - people will receive different service. I think HAL has an edge here overall, but we've had great and not-so-great service on all lines.

Cabins - we generally sail inside cabins - and Carnival has the largest, with most storage, of the ships we've been on.

Decor - decor does not make or break a cruise for me. That being said - I thought the Princess ship was beautiful, HAL was dark but nice. Obviously Carnival is more flashy, over-the-top. That being said, Carnival Spirit is probably my fave ship for decor.

Lido/pool - my fave deck location is the Serenity areas now found on most Carnival ships. Comfy loungers, no kids. :D However, the main Carnival deck areas aren't great if you want a big pool or pool without children.

Re: Carnival's OLD reputation as party ships - they are fun ships, not drunk ships. Average age on Carnival is probably 40-45ish, mixing in the youngsters and the hmmm... young-at-heart. I don't know true stats. I seldom see anyone getting drunk or acting stupid, altho I'm sure it does happen. Actually, I don't recollect ever seeing drunk fools onboard. Altho I have seen some folks stumbling back from ports. lol

It just so happens that I have not yet sailed the Glory or the Miracle, but I've been on sister ships of both, and have enjoyed both. In fact, I can't think of a cruise that I haven't enjoyed!!!

I have sailed RCL (freedom of the seas) and carnival. Carnival is a more "party type" line but not as "party type" as what it use to be. I found the food on carnival way better than RCL which really suprised me (i thought rcl would have had better food) service was also better on carnival. The pools on carnival felt a bit warmer than the freedom of the seas. The shows are more vegas style where on my rcl cruise was more broadway. (if i wanted to see a disney show i would have cruise freaking disney lol). I found the room on RCL (balcony room) to be a tad smaller and didnt like how the bed was oval shaped (with it converted to 2 twins, my foot hung off 1 side lol) the balcony was great on the freedom of the seas (large) however not as private as carnivals balcony rooms. I like the shower curtain and not the doors like on RCL (feels more roomy). Im glad i tried another line, but will continue to cruise carnival from now on.

Really?? We just got off Adventure of the Seas and there has not been 1 single Carnival ship that was as big a "party" ship as AOS! They have "street dances" in the Promenade on AOS....kept everyone awake to all hours who had rooms facing the Promenade. Here's our assessment:

RCI:

1. Major "WOW" factor on ship itself. Can't be compared to Carnival ships

2. Live bands played in every venue on that ship every single night....in all the lounges/bar areas, just everywhere. That was truly wonderful but did lend to a truly "party" atmosphere into the wee hours.

3. Shower door enclosure on shower stall was a plus over a shower "curtain".

4. Less back up/lines on Lido buffet (see below for explanation which may a "con")

5. Food very mediocre....very disappointed (the "honey stung chicken" everyone raves about was not even as good as our local KFC).

6. Cabin size really small, as was bathroom size.

7. Entertainment was OK, no better than Carnival or Princess to us.

8. Rock climbing wall, ice rink, full size basketball court was very impressive, but not a plus to us as we don't use them as a middle aged couple. (would be wonderful for families).

Carnival Pros:

1. Cabin size :(we book balconies) were much larger than RCI as were the bathrooms, sinks, showers etc.

2. MDR food was far superior, in our opinions, on Carnival. There choices were more plentiful and was have always found multiple items we couldn't choose between, thus ordering several entrees. Food was seasoned much better.

3. Desserts far superior on Carnival. They are baked on board at Carnival whereas RCI carries them on premade from land (with the exception of specialty restaurants). On RCI we kept trying desserts, but didn't like much at all (and we have a true "sweet tooth")

4. Lido buffet offered far more choices. Those that complain about the lines vs. RCI...here's our take. RCI has 4-5 buffet areas, however, they all serve exactly the same food and it is mediocre, thus no lines, pick one of the 5 repetitive lines. Carnival offers food stations and a far larger and tastier selection - there is a "deli" station, a stir fry station, burrito stations, fish/chip stations, grill station w/hamb, hot dogs, chix sandwiches, pizza station, dessert bar station (not all stations on all ships). Each station makes food fresh for you, yes there can be lines at peak times, but we would gladly wait to get better, fresher foods and more choices on Carnival. There is also the classic hot food lines and salad bar lines (multiple lines for this). To us there is no comparison between Carnival's Lido Buffet the RCI Windjammer...to forsake food quality and choice for a line here and there makes no sense.

5. We enjoyed the nightly entertainment on Carnival in the main theatre (the Las Vegas type revues). They only had 2 the entire week on RCI.

6. Staff is wonderful and always around on Carnival, we saw absolutely no difference in steward, MDR or Lido between any line we have been on.

7. Read tons here about the "type" of person cruising Carnival being so below the demographic of RCI....NOT TRUE....the exact same people can be found on both lines...that was a big surprise....looking for the upper crust on RCI and wow, the same "type", whatever that is, could be found on both!!!

All in all, Carnival still ranks up at the top for us....price is certainly a driving factor. But, we were very disappointed in RCI to be honest, with the exception of the ship itself and live music.

Archived