Orville or Peat

mafig

:confused: We will be in Jamaica in November and have heard so much about Peat Taylor.

However, almost in the same breath, we hear about Orville. What's the relation -- father/son; brother/brother. :confused:

Also, is one better than the other?:)

We really have no desire to "climb" the falls, just to see them and then to get a tour of the island, maybe go to a shopping center where we haven't been (we've been to Soni and the other one within walking distance of the port) and then lunch. So----recommendations please, Peat or Orville?

We just came back from our cruise yesterday. We had the pleasure of meeting Orville in Jamaica during our week. Orville is Peat's brother. I'm not sure what the situation there is, but I can tell you Peat's tour busses were filled to the rim... while my fiance and myself were the only one's on Orville's!

We had Orville and his assistant Bridgette to ourselves and bascially he took us wherever we wanted to go. We went to Dunn's River Falls - where it rained the entire time. We went into the Fern Gully rainforest and Bridgette and Orville pointed out some of the different types of plants... and once he pulled over so we could take some photos of a stand of banana trees full of bananas. He would stop wherever we asked him to just for us to jump off and take a photo. Bridgette pointed out the local schools and told us about the school system and lots about the local culture. Orville also took us up to the Shaw Park Gardens and showed us some magnificent homes and beautiful sights overlooking the city. We opted to pass on eating lunch at a local restaurant, but he gladly would've taken us to one.

I have nothing but praise for Orville. He really operated on "our" timeclock, not his. Since we were the only two people on his tour, he could easily have told us to join up one of the other tours... maybe with Peat's... but he didn't. He honored the $20 per person he quoted me - though we of course tipped him extra. We had a wonderful time and I would certainly look him up again if I'm in Jamaica again.

Ann

Your feedback was very helpful. If we booked with Peat we'd want to have Peat as our driver and it does sound like with ten vans our chances would not be too good.:(

Orville sounds like a good choice.:)

Archived