My Family Time Dining - How does it work?

SharkBruce

Can anyone give me some feedback on their experience with "My Family Time Dining"? We are heading out on Liberty of the Seas on Jan 3rd and signed up for My Family Time Dining. We did "My Time Dining" on our last cruise and liked the flexibility but we are part of a larger group. This time it is just my wife and I and our 2 daughters. The kinds LOVED Adventure Ocean Kids Club and we wanted to know how the dinner worked.

Any insight or experience would be greatly appreciated. What time do you get to the MDR? When do the kids get picked up? Can you get a table just for the family (4)? Pros? Cons?

THANKS!!!

We are heading out on Freedom of the Seas on Friday..and we too signed up for Family Time Dining. From my understanding..seating is at 6:00 (only available @ early seating)...they keep like minded family time dining people together in a certain area of the dining room..kids get served quickly ;)..then at the end of the meal parents are able to meet up with ocean activity (childcare) staff @ the main doors of dining area where they take the kids to the play centre @ oceans kids activity . Allowing parents to return to their table to enjoy dessert/coffee @ their leisure :)

I am looking forward to it!!!!

Enjoy ;)

We were on Voyager during Thanksgiving and the Adventure Ocean staff gave us the details. On about half the nights the staff will do dinner with the kids in the windjammer, in our case they took pre-orders (you had to reserve by 4p) and they brought food from Johnny Rockets for the kids. Just stuff like hot dogs and hamburgers, not the full menu. You dropped them off at 5:30p I think.

On other nights (and maybe every night except the first night) they tell you that someone from their staff will be outside the dining room starting at 6:40p for 10 minutes. You take your kids out there, sign them up, and then go back in to finish your dinner. The staff, once told of your plan, will bring out the kids food faster than your typical service. Then, you get to enjoy the rest of your dinner kid free until you decide to pick them up (extra charges after 10p).

Otherwise, the evening time that adventure ocean was open was 7p till 10p and as I mentioned above extra charge for late night play from 10p till midnight I think.

My 7 yr old loved it, and even went up there sometimes for just an hour before wanting to join us for a show. My 10 yr old I think went early once but wanted to be a 'big girl' and stay with us for dinner. She would go once or twice, but not during the early dinner time. Either way, it worked out great for us.

Archived