Barcelona Port?

dundeene

I know of one O cruise that had the port changed from Barcelona to Tarragona but I do not know if it was a R ship or the Marina.

Are you thinking of the port change from Barcelona to Tarragona, which was put in place on the original maiden voyage of the Riviera,

155207.jpg

just before the Barcelona to Athens itinerary was scrapped in favor of Athens to Istanbul ?

165424.jpg

previously had hotel and transfers through Oceania, but found out we were put in the Rey Juan Carlos(too far out of town).

Now we are booking our own hotel and transfers and want to make sure the ship will leave out of the city port.

Transfers from central Barcelona to Tarragona port are very high.

thanks

Christine

previously had hotel and transfers through Oceania, but found out we were put in the Rey Juan Carlos(too far out of town).

Now we are booking our own hotel and transfers and want to make sure the ship will leave out of the city port.

Transfers from central Barcelona to Tarragona port are very high.

thanks

Christine

The thing of it is that (at least in the case that we are familiar with) Oceania didn't decide to change the port, they were bumped by the Barcelona Port Authority, which of course has the last word.

If you make your own plans, dealing with things like a port shift is something that you may need to accept. Or, it may not come up, at all.

The beauty of doing it through Oceania is that they need to worry about it.

thanks sitraveler! I will be the 40 something staring starry eyed at the gorgeous ship,(this is my first cruise) I will wave!

jimandstan, thanks for your advise, I am always ready to roll with the punches and readjust as needed.

Because we have such a short time in Barcelona I really want to stay near the center of town. If the port is changed, how much notice do you have. I would think this could wreak havoc in air scheduling etc.? I will risk it and set outside the $$$ for the longer transfer if needed.

Because we have such a short time in Barcelona I really want to stay near the center of town. If the port is changed, how much notice do you have. I would think this could wreak havoc in air scheduling etc.? I will risk it and set outside the $$$ for the longer transfer if needed.

If you can swing a few extra days and haven't visited Barcelona previously, I highly recommend spending some of your $$$ taking O's air deviation and flying in a few days early. There are several advantages to this scheme, not the least of which is overcoming jetlag before you board a port intensive cruise. Barcelona is a magnificent city, and you can easily spend two to three days just getting a glimpse of its treasures.

Have a great cruise!

Archived