I Got An Upsell Email!!

kshawks

But it's not really that good :(

First cruise, was super excited when I check my email and I saw, "Upgrade your stateroom for $40.00."

So I called on lunch to find out the details, we have a 4A Interior on the Riveria deck, the upsell was for a 4G on the Verandah deck.

If it had been a Balcony for that price I would have jumped all over it :p

I don't think we'll be in the room terribly much anyway, and for the same size of room, an interior, I just can't pay to move higher up.

Bummer...do the deals get better if I call back?

First cruise, was super excited when I check my email and I saw, "Upgrade your stateroom for $40.00."

So I called on lunch to find out the details, we have a 4A Interior on the Riveria deck, the upsell was for a 4G on the Verandah deck.

I don't think we'll be in the room terribly much anyway, and for the same size of room, an interior, I just can't pay to move higher up.

I would call back and see what the next person says. It really depends on the Carnival rep. I had a similiar offer, and I called back and got a lot better room than the first guy offered. But I would not expect to get a balcony room. OF course not harm in trying.

We received an upsell email once. We had 3 rooms booked... all 3 were INTERIOR cabins on the Riveria deck and for $30 (each room... $90 total) we could move to an OCEANVIEW on the Empress. WE TOOK IT!!

I totally agree with you. I wouldn't pay extra for the exact same interior cabin either, even if it was on the higher level deck. We have taken 23 total cruises.....most of them with Carnival. We always book an interior cabin. You are right saying you won't be in the cabin much. Carnival's inside cabins are definitely larger than other lines......although not big.....but plenty of space for everything (and we pack tooooo much).....Feel free to move things around so you are comfortable in the cabin, etc..........make it your "home" for a week!:)

We were offered a FREE UPGRADE TO A PREMIUM BALCONY CABIN from an inside cabin and before I had the opportunity to say yes or no, I was told the cabin was already sold........put a bit of a damper on the cruise, but we still had a great time.

It doesn't hurt to keep trying for an upgrade.......you have nothing to lose!!

Carnival Splendor Stateroom Riveria Deck Amenities

• The Inside Stateroom on the Carnival Splendor features 2 twin beds that can be converted to a queen sized bed
  • There is a sitting area with a sofa (or chair - depending on the cabin)
  • In select staterooms
  • The sitting-area sofa converts to a bed
  • And
  • There may be a Pullman-style bunk bed that pulls down from the wall to accommodate a third or fourth guest
  • Additionally there is a television
  • Thermostat-controlled air conditioning
  • Direct-dial telephone with voicemail
  • A lighted desk area
  • A hand-held hairdryer in the bathroom
  • The bathroom features a shower
  • As its name implies
  • There is no window / source of natural light in this cabin
  • All staterooms on Carnival Cruise Lines feature the Carnival Comfort Bed with soft
  • Cozy linens
  • Bathrobes
  • 24-hour room service
  • WiFi Internet access (extra charge) a personal safe
  • Plenty of closet
  • Drawer space

Its not a terrible deal but if you have no interest in moving decks to be higher its not a great deal either unless its one of those insides with a window. I think those are 4J though. I would upgrade to one of those. $40 to go from an inside to a balcony, I don't think that is too likely, way too good to be true.

Its not a terrible deal but if you have no interest in moving decks to be higher its not a great deal either unless its one of those insides with a window. I think those are 4J though. I would upgrade to one of those. $40 to go from an inside to a balcony, I don't think that is too likely, way too good to be true.

This actually happened to us on the Liberty last month, except it was only $35.00 pp to go from an Inside on Deck 6 to a Balcony on Deck 11. My son and daughter-in-law loved the room!

I got two emails today. One said to upgrade for $40 and the other said upgrade to oceanview for $70. We are presently on deck one interior. I have always been on deck 6 but traveling with three other couples this time who wanted to spend the extra money on something else so we went cheapest room possible. I haven't called to check out what the deals are. Not sure if I will.....might just out of curiosity. I don't think I would pay extra and go up higher deck for inside cabin and leave my friends on another deck, but oceanview.....hmmm ......something to think about.

I really don't see what all the fuss is about moving higher on the deck ladder.

Just curious on the inside cabins on Riveria deck,,.,.....do they have a couch and table?

The higher you are....the less amount of stairs you have to walk down carrying your late night slice or two of pizza and the last brew-ski of the day!:D:D:D

The higher you are....the less amount of stairs you have to walk down carrying your late night slice or two of pizza and the last brew-ski of the day!:D:D:D

UMMMM...all in good fun of course.....YOU DO KNOW THERE ARE ELEVATORS ....on the ship don't you???????? i eat my pizza up on LIdo and usually do buckets of beer....but thanks for the tips!!!!!..............lol

We too recieved an email to upgrade but this morning. We had an interior on Riviera, were offered an oceanview for $40.00 - we took it. We now have an Ocean-View on the Empress deck. I am happy with the upgrade and the price of it. The cost we paid total now is STILL cheaper then what our current interior rate is going for right now, so we still are ahead of the game. :)

In 5 cruises this it the first time we've ever gotten the upgrade email/call!

I'd love an upsell, does anyone know the phone number for the upsell fairy?

I think it depends on what current cat. your booked in, and if anything better is available. There may not be something better if you already have say, an Ocean view on a higher deck.

Carnival doesn't need to call me or email upsell deals.

Sadly, as a cruise approaches I end up upselling myself by thinking "well an oceanview isn't really that much more." Followed a few weeks later by "a balcony isn't really that much more."

So far it has stopped at the balcony level. If it inches towards the suite level I will go get help.

Carnival doesn't need to call me or email upsell deals.

Sadly, as a cruise approaches I end up upselling myself by thinking "well an oceanview isn't really that much more." Followed a few weeks later by "a balcony isn't really that much more."

So far it has stopped at the balcony level. If it inches towards the suite level I will go get help.

:D LOL Love it :-) Thankfully, I am not that way with Catergories, however, I am with cruises ;) It's just one more next year honey, sure we can afford it. Go, get home, then how does February sound? After all we DID buy the FCC!! :eek:

Almost every suite is available for our next sailing....and it's only 17 days away. I keep hoping for the call, but so far no luck. The last offer that we got didn't do it for me and when I tried to negotiate, the upsell fairy got a little put out with me. I may be blacklisted. :D

I can't believe they wouldn't expect to haggle over some of the rooms...I hope you get something soon!

Archived