Grand or Crown?

anniebelles

I guess I'm in the minority but I would choose the Crown. We really didn't notice any extra crowding or having problems waiting on the Crown even though there are more passengers. I like that it's newer, I like that it has Adagio Bar, I like that it has midship elevators that the Grand doesn't have, and I like that it has Skywalkers which the Grand doesn't have.

I'd say the Crown. I have sailed her twice and, except for waiting to get seated the first night at Traditional Dining, never waited in a single line. I didn't find her crowded (on a warm weather itinerary), and I love the things she has that the Grand doesn't: Adagio (best bar at sea), extra outdoor deck space (no covered pool), an uncovered main pool without MUTS, a larger Wheelhouse and bigger Crooner's bars,the very nice outdoor fountain deck outside Adagio/Sabatini's. She still has Skywalker's, with the amazing views. She's really a beautiful ship; the Grand is nice but a little "plainer."

We had so many lines on the Crown. It was difficult to get a seat at a show or in the Horizon Court. Dinner lines can take 45 plus minutes.

We love the covered pool on the Grand. We love how spacious it feels compared to the newer ships. We love being able to get a seat in anytime dining with out a long line.

Definitely the Grand, I have sailed on both ships several times and prefer the Grand. I did not find long lines to be an issue anywhere on the Crown. The service is better on the Grand and the crew seem to be happier on the Grand than those on the Crown. That said both are lovely ships.

Definitely Grand. The Crown is way too crowded. You stand in line for everything.

Sorry that was your experience. I guess we were lucky on our sailing. Not only did we not stand in any lines of any length that it stuck with me but we also didn't have problems getting loungers around the pool.

I'd say the Crown. I have sailed her twice and, except for waiting to get seated the first night at Traditional Dining, never waited in a single line. I didn't find her crowded (on a warm weather itinerary), and I love the things she has that the Grand doesn't: Adagio (best bar at sea), extra outdoor deck space (no covered pool), an uncovered main pool without MUTS, a larger Wheelhouse and bigger Crooner's bars,the very nice outdoor fountain deck outside Adagio/Sabatini's. She still has Skywalker's, with the amazing views. She's really a beautiful ship; the Grand is nice but a little "plainer."

I guess we are in the minority but I have to "second" everything that you've said.:):):)

I want to do the Southern Caribbean out of Fort Lauderdale and wished I would have went ahead and kept the booking I had for this year as it appears this time next year the Crown will be sailing out of Galveston and only the Caribbean Princess and Grand will be doing this itinerary out of FLL.

I guess I'm in the minority but I would choose the Crown. ..... I like that it has midship elevators that the Grand doesn't have...

Both ships have the mid-ship elevators. The Grand does not have the mid-ship stairway for public use above deck 7.

We just got off both.the grand was great but i have to say i thought it moved a lot more than the last time i was on it! Wonder if it has something to do with taking off skywalkers.the Crown was great! Either one will be Fantastic:D

We prefer the Crown because the Grand's elevators have too many problems not working. We don't like getting stuck in them.

We had the opposite problem - we had problems with Crown's elevators.

I think Elevators can have problems on any ship. I was on the Coral Princess during the first 6 months of the ship coming out and we had problems on those elevators. I almost thought I would get stuck during College Fiords in the elevator as it took about 30 minutes to get me out.

Have you been on the Grand? According to your signature you have not been.

LOL - I was waiting for someone to post that question! Probably should have worded differently. No, I have not sailed on the Grand personally, however my brother just got back last week and shared many pictures and stories with me. The rooms are really showing their age. The multi million dollar refurbishment that just occurred was not spent in the cabin areas. He enjoyed his cruise, however he repeated himself many times that she is really showing her age; after all you're comparing a 13 year old ship with a 5 year old. Huge difference in my opinion

The rooms are really showing their age. The multi million dollar refurbishment that just occurred was not spent in the cabin areas. He enjoyed his cruise, however he repeated himself many times that she is really showing her age; after all you're comparing a 13 year old ship with a 5 year old. Huge difference in my opinion

Room decor can easily be changed while the ship is in service. I have been on a number of ships where carpet, tvs and beds have been changed while I was in port. They usually tackle big things at dry dock (not rooms).

Archived