Diamond Plus Amenity List(s)

OK, so did you get only 1 or did you get 2 towels? I notice I also have 2 options for the 2 towels per relationship. One is for woven towels. The other is for CAS logo woven towels. I'm wondering if there are now 2 styles - one with the usual RCI logo and one with a different C&A logo.

I noticed the microfiber totes now also say 2 per relationship.

Gina

We got one There is only 1 towel choice available to us in our C and A profile, it says woven.
I am a low D+ and just checked and only 1 towel per relationship available on my profile. We just did Oasis and Freedom. Got one white "C&A Society" towel each cruise. Could 1 versus 2 depend on whether you are a higher level D+ [like over 350 points]?

We got the White ribbon goody box with nuts etc on Oasis, but the Blue ribbon only cookies and gummy fruit on Freedom. I thought maybe it was an Oasis versus Freedom thing, but from reading this thread apparently it was a Steward issue [as was having only two pants hangers, no robes (he said by request only - is that now true?)]. On Oasis we got fancy round soaps and fancy shampoo, conditioner, etc. On Freedom we could not get conditioner of any kind, and a larger pillow was "not available"; does this sound right or did we just have mediocre service? CruiseCritic is the only reliable source to find out what are reasonably expectations.

Thom

I am a low D+ and just checked and only 1 towel per relationship available on my profile. We just did Oasis and Freedom. Got one white "C&A Society" towel each cruise. Could 1 versus 2 depend on whether you are a higher level D+ [like over 350 points]?

We got the White ribbon goody box with nuts etc on Oasis, but the Blue ribbon only cookies and gummy fruit on Freedom. I thought maybe it was an Oasis versus Freedom thing, but from reading this thread apparently it was a Steward issue [as was having only two pants hangers, no robes (he said by request only - is that now true?)]. On Oasis we got fancy round soaps and fancy shampoo, conditioner, etc. On Freedom we could not get conditioner of any kind, and a larger pillow was "not available"; does this sound right or did we just have mediocre service? CruiseCritic is the only reliable source to find out what are reasonably expectations.

Thom

Yes, that's exactly it. The amenity list changes as you get more points, and some of the items go from one per relationship to two per relationship.

Edited by clarea

We are D+ and I selected the towel - but it states 1 per relationship/stateroom. Should I be eligible for 2? How is this determined? We are sailing very soon - let me know!!:)

Those with 175 to 349 cruise points are eligible for 1 beach towel.

Those with 350+ cruise points are eligible for 2 beach towels.

You don't take the basket home.......you take everything out of the basket and then put the basket in the garbage. The little packages of stuff take up little room:D

I brought my basket home:) It sits next to my computer with all my camera/usb cords in it.

Biscotti are meant to be dipped in your coffee, tea or wine.:p:D

On our Jewel B2B we first got a basket with a blue ribbon, which I think was the Diamond basket - it had the shortbread cookies. The next time we got the white ribbon, which had the biscotti and more goodies than the other one. So you could ask to be demoted.;)

Geez you learn something new every day. In the coffee or tea sounds pretty good, other wise I am now looking for Diamonds wanting to trade cooooookies!:eek:

I brought my basket home:) It sits next to my computer with all my camera/usb cords in it.

You know I could use that basket right about now! Guess I will save a couple and bring them home:D

They're pretty sturdy!

And that is sometimes what we do with it on the ship. We both have cameras, phones, chargers, cords and the box keeps the desk neater and more usable while the electronic things are handy.

• 2 weeks later...
We haven't had the dried candied fruits in any of our baskets for a long time. All we've seen is the chocolate biscotti, round cheese container (no knife anymore), crackers, nuts and trail mix which has some raisins in it.

What's up with no knife? We noticed we didn't get a knife 2 weeks ago on Oasis. I guess you are supposed to "dip" your crackers? Loved the idea (from CC members) of using the basket for odds and ends in the cabin. Next time I am going to have to bring it home. They really are very sturdy.

Did anyone notice they are not putting pens or paper in the cabins any more either? I thought maybe it was an oversight in our cabin. But we were told by the Concierge that it was a cost cutting measure.

What's up with no knife? We noticed we didn't get a knife 2 weeks ago on Oasis. I guess you are supposed to "dip" your crackers? Loved the idea (from CC members) of using the basket for odds and ends in the cabin. Next time I am going to have to bring it home. They really are very sturdy.

Did anyone notice they are not putting pens or paper in the cabins any more either? I thought maybe it was an oversight in our cabin. But we were told by the Concierge that it was a cost cutting measure.

I also noticed the missing pens on Indy this past December.

I believe it was last cruise...when we had a meal with an Officer, and I said to him that I usually write a note of appreciation after, but I didn't have any paper or pen this time....

He was shocked and I had paper and pen in the cabin within 3 hours.:p

• 4 weeks later...
No pen in either the JS (first week) or the GS on the Nav last week. The steward did bring one when ask.

When on the Oasis in February was told by the cabin steward that they no longer put out paper and pen in the cabins unless asked - another cost cutting measure.

• 2 weeks later...
next week is our first cruise a D+ and we have Corona beer selected as our welcome aboard drink. Since we are both D+ do we each get a Corona? Will they be cold or at least put in the mini fridge?

Yes there will be 2 Coronas on the counter. They will not be cold.

No problem, we just take them to any bar and exchange for cold ones.:D You can ask your cabin attendant to get a bucket of ice for you but we don't bother.

Congrat's on getting to D+

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind

Yes there will be 2 Coronas on the counter. They will not be cold.

No problem, we just take them to any bar and exchange for cold ones.:D You can ask your cabin attendant to get a bucket of ice for you but we don't bother.

Congrat's on getting to D+

We;re D+ 443 pts. and only got one beer last trip. Everyone sure we're supposed to get 2 before I call RCL.

(Patti will know !)

We;re D+ 443 pts. and only got one beer last trip. Everyone sure we're supposed to get 2 before I call RCL.

(Patti will know !)

I'm not Patti...;) but yes...each D+ member in the cabin is "supposed" to get their own drink....only 1 basket per cabin...but the drink is per person...