Hyatt 66 v Gallery One v Comfort Inn

anniegb

Hi

I will be spending 3 days in FL prior to my cruise.

At present I have a flexible booking in place for Comfort Inn. Someone on my roll call recommended it.

However I have found great rates for Gallery One and Hyatt.

As I am flying TA before my cruise, my priorities are good clean hotel with fairly easy access to beaches,eateries and shopping. I am a walker and like to wander and nosy around.

What hotel would provide the better holiday experiece ?

Quite happy to splurge a few extra extra dollars for a better overall experience.

Thanks in advance

Annie

PS I am SWF, 59 - if that should be a consideration. :)

If you enjoy going for walks I would recommend the Riverside Hotel, which you didn't mention. It is in the middle of downtown in a really nice neighborhood, on the New River. Do not spend more than one night at Comfort Inn unless you have a car. It's not in a good location for someone who likes to go for walks either, unless your idea of a walk is walking around a plaza with a Kmart and Marshall's and other discount stores. I'm sure it's fine for a place to sleep. Hyatt is a relaxing resort, a very short ride to the beach. Gallery One is a good hotel between the beach and a nice mall...it's close to a nice state park, movie theatre, and some boutiques, too. Both Hyatt, Gallery One, and Riverside are good hotels if you want to ride the water taxi.

If you enjoy going for walks I would recommend the Riverside Hotel, which you didn't mention. It is in the middle of downtown in a really nice neighborhood, on the New River. Do not spend more than one night at Comfort Inn unless you have a car. It's not in a good location for someone who likes to go for walks either, unless your idea of a walk is walking around a plaza with a Kmart and Marshall's and other discount stores. I'm sure it's fine for a place to sleep. Hyatt is a relaxing resort, a very short ride to the beach. Gallery One is a good hotel between the beach and a nice mall...it's close to a nice state park, movie theatre, and some boutiques, too. Both Hyatt, Gallery One, and Riverside are good hotels if you want to ride the water taxi.

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. Very very helpful. You can tell that I have not visited FLL before? :)

Annie

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. Very very helpful. You can tell that I have not visited FLL before? :)

Annie

Enjoy your visit to our city, Annie. I forgot to mention that Riverside Hotel is a straight 2 miles from the beach and the SunTrolley, water taxi, and public bus will take you there if you prefer not to taxi or walk. There will soon be an automated bike rental station in the area too. They are being installed all over the city.

It's always a good thing when locals give advice about their city.

I was originally booked at the Gallery One but I cancelled that yesterday when I was able to get the Hyatt Pier 66 on Hotwire at half the price of what I was paying for the Gallery One. I am flying into FLL in the early evening the day before I cruise so my pre-cruise stay at any hotel will be a short one. No sense paying twice the price when all I need is a room for about 16 hours. :)

Archived