Live from Eclipse December 24th Christmas Cruise!

Huddler

Day 3-San Juan Puerto Rico

I woke up for good around 6:00 am and headed right to the gym after a quick stop to get some coffee. I thought I would be the first to get there since it was maybe 6:45 when I walked in. I was disabused of that notion immediately. There were already at least a dozen folks in there hitting the ellipticals and treadmills. My wife said she feels like she is on a fitness cruise because so many people are in such terrific shape and are working out, running, etc. again part of it is the fact that the demographic on this cruise is so much younger. I lifted free weights for about 30 minutes, which I had the dumbells all to myself, then hit the elliptical for 20 minutes. By the time I left, all the treadmills were taken with people waiting in line to get on. I’ll admit that Ive never seen so many people into fitness on a cruise like this. I am starting to recognize the early morning gym rats now and spoke to several people in the gym. I don’t meet strangers, just people I haven’t had the opportunity to impress with my rapier wit yet! So, by cruises end, I will know a ton of people, and have an equal number who will go out of their way to avoid me! (No stalker!)

After my workout, I went to eat at the Oceanside cafe. I had a couple bowls of delicious oatmeal with rasins, brown sugar, and walnuts. Yummy! The Fam joined me shortly thereafter and we sat outside aft watching the wake while we ate and chatted. I would REALLY like to make this Christmas cruise a family tradition. Of course, the rest of the family would be firmly opposed to me running off with the kiddo’s for the holiday, but I love this younger, fitter, upscale group of pax. We shall see how this thing works out. Also, I am not brand loyal when it comes to cruising. We have sailed, Oceania, Royal Carribean, Princess, Cunard, Disney, NCL, Carnival, Holland America, others I cannot recall now. So, I typically book based on dates I can go, and secondly on either ship I want to sail or ports I want to hit. They all offer a nice product and Ive never had a bad cruise. But my favorite of the big mainstream lines is definitely Celebrity. This cruise has certainly solidified my position on that point. So, maybe I should go book next year’s cruise while onboard and getting a few perks! Then I can blame it on wanting to “get a good deal”!!

Went to the pool and spent the morning lounging in a hammock and reading. We swam a lot too. I rarely notice the ship moving except in the swimming pool! The ship must have been rockin like a teenagers van on prom night, because the pool water was rolling. It was like being in a wave pool! The pool was a mob scene! And I saw more “plastic” out by the pool than you will find at a Tupperware convention. Not that I am opposed to surgical enhancements and I am certainly NOT making in value judgments at all, just reporting what I see. Also, at the pool, as per usual, there were plenty of chair hogs, but I never let any of that stuff steal my joy. I just find me a chair or go lay by the pool. We then ate lunch again in the Oceanview Café. The food was good, lots of choices, lots of calories! I ate like a fat kid in candy store! We get into San Juan at 3:00 pm but we aren’t going onshore until after dinner tonight. More later…

... The pool was a mob scene! And I saw more “plastic” out by the pool than you will find at a Tupperware convention. Not that I am opposed to surgical enhancements and I am certainly NOT making in value judgments at all, just reporting what I see. ...

Are you sure, you are a Celebrity ship? I have seen the Tupperware girls Conventions on a RCCL ship, but I was not aware they took Celebrity too.:eek::eek: Perhaps I will need to check out Celebrity next Holiday season...All in the pursuit of research, of course!:rolleyes:

Love you trip report and your writing style. By the way, stay away from those DDB 6/5 VP machines, save the $$$ for Las Vegas on the 10/7s!

BILL

Love you trip report and your writing style. By the way, stay away from those DDB 6/5 VP machines, save the $$$ for Las Vegas on the 10/7s!

BILL

I save my VP funds for 9/6 JOB --- as that's the only one I have pretty well down! Of course, I don't play every often, as the 9/6 is a scarce breed!

Tom

funny how each story you tell of who you meet at Dinner. all New Yorker's lMAO!

St john st what. thought saint maartin, saint kitts.

R-R. :D

LOL! Yeah, Plenty of New Yawkers on all these winter cruises we are on. They are trying to escape the weather and 9 million of their brethern, but coming on a cruise they only escape the weather! :D We landed at St Thomas this morning and intended to take the ferry at Red Hook over to St Johns. But, getting my family up and moving takes more time than General Patton moving his Fifth army across Europe. So, we went to a private beach. Off the friggin hook! More on that later..

Are you sure, you are a Celebrity ship? I have seen the Tupperware girls Conventions on a RCCL ship, but I was not aware they took Celebrity too.:eek::eek: Perhaps I will need to check out Celebrity next Holiday season...All in the pursuit of research, of course!:rolleyes:

BILL

Sir, I know my plastics. And these are some of the finest money can buy. So, I would absolutely recommend you continue your research on a Celebrity Christmas cruise next year! And yeah, I go to Vegas 4 or 5 times per year so I understand 6/5 DDB sucks like $2 Tiajuana ho stroller. But I am captive and its the only game in town. I might need that 800 number for the 12 step program!

Well, F.O.P's (you pronounce the letters) is a perjorative we used as kids and it stands for "F'n Old People". Since I am 48, I guess I qualify as an F.O.P. myself this days...:eek: At least I dont need a scooter and still have led in my pencil!! (No Little Blue Pill Required):D

TMI !!!

;)

Tom

Hi -

I was on the Eclipse cruise that ended on Saturday. 2 recommendations - the best music was from the accapella group, the Rip Tides. And the cookies in the coffee bistro were much better than the ones in the Oceanview Cafe.

Harry

Hi -

I was on the Eclipse cruise that ended on Saturday. 2 recommendations - the best music was from the accapella group, the Rip Tides. And the cookies in the coffee bistro were much better than the ones in the Oceanview Cafe.

Harry

Harry -

Any pictures of the Lawn Club?

Cheers-

Edie

Hi -

Harry

Love the Rip Tides. havent tried cookes yet.

Love the Rip Tides. havent tried cookes yet.

Glad you are having a great time. Am enjoying your review. We had to disembark in San Juan and fly home. I just could not shake the bronchitis. Visited the doctor. His response was you are old. (DUH) Takes longer to recover. I will travel through your review.

Pat

:eek: Int'l cell service , via Satalite, why the cost is high?

Think his calling card ran out.

Unless the front shifted

We headed around Cuba, Haiti Dominican replubic

Since it's Thursday and all the Main shows, food cooking show, I bet they picked him and a roast. right after, the staff acts, and 2pm the Holiday show, he has a busy schedule, wait, I bet he was i nthe Volleyball toniment and the ship drained the pool. by accident .

keeping you in suspense is a laugh LMAO!

St. Maarten is so beautiful---been there a few times

Loved to go to Pedros---right next to the nudist on Orient Beach

A walk down that beach is like no other--- some really funny sights :)

Would have loved to have read Huddle's review----bet he really enjoyed it

Archived