Could I suggest a wording change!

uktog

This email is probably one for Bill

We have just been checking our emails from our hotel in Buenos Aires and we came across one entitled Azamara Cruise Critic Party Denied. Now I know we did not hit the number and I know we will probably still get one ' but the word denied conjoured up images that we were on a banned list - a bit like boarding denied!! The email did go on to explain it was all about the numbers but maybe the auto email that is issued could have some slightly softer words in its title - or as you confirmed there would be parties anyway done away with!

On a positive, we have been blown away by the beauty of Buenos Aires a city we would never had thought of visiting had it not been for the cruise. It is going to be a magical place to spend Christmas Eve before our DIY to Iguazu tomorrow which could be very interesting!! (Wish I had tried to learn Spanish at school!!!)

Ann

This email is probably one for Bill

We have just been checking our emails from our hotel in Buenos Aires and we came across one entitled Azamara Cruise Critic Party Denied. Now I know we did not hit the number and I know we will probably still get one ' but the word denied conjoured up images that we were on a banned list - a bit like boarding denied!! The email did go on to explain it was all about the numbers but maybe the auto email that is issued could have some slightly softer words in its title - or as you confirmed there would be parties anyway done away with!

On a positive, we have been blown away by the beauty of Buenos Aires a city we would never had thought of visiting had it not been for the cruise. It is going to be a magical place to spend Christmas Eve before our DIY to Iguazu tomorrow which could be very interesting!! (Wish I had tried to learn Spanish at school!!!)

Ann

Hi Uktog,

From my understanding, Azamara holds the Cruise Critic meet and mingle on all sailings, even if you do not attain the "required" 25 Guests... which we all agree, is too large for a ship that carries nearly 700 Guests. At any rate, it's a non-issue, as you should have the meet and mingle.

Hopefully, Bill can pass along your suggestion to soften the wording on the email - but the question remains, if they will be having the meet and mingle, why send out the "denial email" to begin with. Why not simply lower the number to 10 or 15, or send out confirmations for all Azamara sailings ?

I know that I've been asking about this for years, but I hope Azamara will look into resolving this in 2012. Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year !

Hello Ann –

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Your point is well taken about refraining from using the word “denied” because of its negative connotations when sending confirmations with respect to Azamara’s Cruise Critic party.

More importantly, as Andy so accurately mentioned, it seems unnecessary to send out denials if the meet and mingle gatherings are already scheduled.

Earlier this year, a similar situation occurred because of the “disconnect” between our computer system programming and the reality of what actually happens on board. There was a discussion to restructure the process and I’ll check on the status of the decision and let the community know the outcome.

I appreciate your loyalty and balanced suggestions to Azamara throughout this year and I extend Azamara’s best wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year as you welcome in 2012 in Copacabana Beach!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Our Passport Stamps Would love to hear about your DIY to Iguazu Falls when you return!

We will be doing a South America cruise in Jan. 2013 around the Horn and Buenos Aires is our embarkation port.

Bon Voyage]

It is very easy to do on your own. Book flights on LAN (dot) com, stay at the Sheraton at Iguazu, and you are already in the park. The Sheraton sent a taxi each way to/from the airport, and two years ago it was $20.00 USD in each direction. You walk right out of the Sheraton and down the path to the falls. We took a boat under the falls. We also got Brazil Visas and went to the Brazil side, Iguassu, for a day where we took a helicopter flight over the falls, as well as went rafting down the river.

Archived