Where do cruiselines (NCL and Celebrity) dock in Barcelona?

momofmeg

We are considering doing back to back cruises from Barcelona. However, we will change ships. Would it be possible to disembark the Epic and embark the Celebrity Solstice?

Barcelona is a large port with several different docking areas. As a general rule, most cruise ships (especially those doing embarkation/disembarkation will tie-up at one of the 4 main berths located at the Adossat Quay Terminals. However, there are times when Barcelona is overloaded with ships and has to locate some cruise ships to other areas within their port so you have no guarantee that the two ships would be in close proximity. The worst case scenario is that you would need to simply grab a taxi to get to your other ship (this should cost no more then 10 Euros). Best case is that both ships will be within easy walking distance.

Hank

Barcelona is a large port with several different docking areas. As a general rule, most cruise ships (especially those doing embarkation/disembarkation will tie-up at one of the 4 main berths located at the Adossat Quay Terminals. However, there are times when Barcelona is overloaded with ships and has to locate some cruise ships to other areas within their port so you have no guarantee that the two ships would be in close proximity. The worst case scenario is that you would need to simply grab a taxi to get to your other ship (this should cost no more then 10 Euros). Best case is that both ships will be within easy walking distance.

Hank

Thanks Hank. We are doing a cruise with our daughter when she is off from work. She has a week in Oct. and she really wants the Epic-not my cup of tea-but it only has one sea day-and we do like the ports -so I think I will be okay. Then she will fly home and hubby and I will do a cruise the 2 of us-more our choice.

We changed ships in Barcelona, and we could walk from one ship to the other one - very convenient!

Screwcork

Maybe we will luck out too! I did find out one gets in at 5 am-and the other leaves 7:30 pm-so we will not be under a time constraint.

Archived