happy Boxing Day

Thoth

happy Boxing Day to anyone who knows what Boxing Day is.

I work for the Post Office and it is closed for Boxing Day, even though we don't call it Boxing Day.

The UK post office or the US post office? If the US, then most Americans have today off, not because it's Boxing Day, but because Christmas fell on a Sunday. The US post office would normally be open on Dec. 26 if it falls on a weekday (other than Monday) or a Saturday.

The UK post office or the US post office? If the US, then most Americans have today off, not because it's Boxing Day, but because Christmas fell on a Sunday. The US post office would normally be open on Dec. 26 if it falls on a weekday (other than Monday) or a Saturday.

I work for the US Postal Service and Boxing Day isn't a holiday for us. That's correct...no mail on Monday due to Sunday's holiday.

I am Canadian and it is Boxing Day in Canada. I have today off and tomorrow I am off because it is in lieu of Xmas day........

You had to work Christmas Day ? Yuck !

Actually I normally get the mornings of a holiday off, but have to go in that night. Yuck !

I was off Sunday morning, went to work Sunday night, then am off tonight ( Monday night). Confusing ?

You had to work Christmas Day ? Yuck !

I think MisguidedAngel meant that since Christmas fell on a Sunday, and Monday is already a holiday in Canada, she gets off Tuesday as an extra day, to make up for the fact that Christmas fell on a Sunday, a day she would have been off anyway. I don't think she meant that she worked on Christmas.

I think MisguidedAngel meant that since Christmas fell on a Sunday, and Monday is already a holiday in Canada, she gets off Tuesday as an extra day, to make up for the fact that Christmas fell on a Sunday, a day she would have been off anyway. I don't think she meant that she worked on Christmas.

better still.

This is a cute thread, love the one liners and illustrations...sounds like a "bah humbug blues??..get over it kind of day" if it is rich giving to poor tradition ...I really never knew what Boxing Day was..thanks..Sarah

Archived