Star review from a 1st timer. Will be long with pics.

Stickman81

Hi,

I've seen a few of the Spirit photos you've posted on other threads. I'm sailing on her very soon. Is there anyway you'd be willing to share them (the larger files)?

If so, my email (for the cruise) is spirit4812@gmail.com.

Would you mind if I use one for our meet and greet postcard/magnet? I'd be happy to put your name or screen name as credit on the picture.

Thanks,

Jennifer

You've got mail. :D

Jim/Roni:

A belated Thank You for sharing your Norwegian Star cruise vacation experience with us all (both in words and pictures). It has been greatly appreciated. :)

Several of your photos help me to get a bit better pre-boarding bearing, which is always a good thing.

Taking my first 'spin' on this wonderful ship in three weeks, and really looking forward to it. Thanks, again, for adding to that excitement.

Take care!!!

Jim/Roni:

A belated Thank You for sharing your Norwegian Star cruise vacation experience with us all (both in words and pictures). It has been greatly appreciated. :)

Several of your photos help me to get a bit better pre-boarding bearing, which is always a good thing.

Taking my first 'spin' on this wonderful ship in three weeks, and really looking forward to it. Thanks, again, for adding to that excitement.

Take care!!!

Don,

Thank you for your kind words. I am flattered that with your experience in cruising, you have found my review helpful in some way.

I'm sure you will have a wonderful time on the Star.

Safe travels,

Jim

Loved your review and photos.

We sail presidents week 2013. Sailed on the Dawn Feb 2010 and loved NCL. Can't wait till we cruise again. Just starting to do the research. We had to post pone our Feb 2012 to Feb 2013 as it worked better for my son.

Would love to take a bridge tour any special tricks to get one ?

Loved your review and photos.

We sail presidents week 2013. Sailed on the Dawn Feb 2010 and loved NCL. Can't wait till we cruise again. Just starting to do the research. We had to post pone our Feb 2012 to Feb 2013 as it worked better for my son.

Would love to take a bridge tour any special tricks to get one ?

Thank you for your kind words.

The bridge tour was offered to our Cruise Critic group during the Meet & Greet. Make sure you get on your Roll Call and attend the Meet & Greet. If they don't offer, ask!

Safe travels,

Jim

Off to the doctors in a bit.

Gotta get rid of this cough and bronchitis. :(

I was on the same cruise along with my brother, sis-in-law and husband and we all came down with a bronchial infection that lasted 5-6 weeks. Had two doctor visits, antibiotics, steroids for lung congestion, codeine cough medicine, nasal spray, etc. and nothing really helped. I wonder how many other people on this cruise became infected. So much for constantly spraying our hands! :rolleyes:

I do thank you for this great review and for the pictures. You did a fabulous job of documenting the cruise and when people ask me about the trip I refer them to your review as it's much better than I could do myself. :)

I was on the same cruise along with my brother, sis-in-law and husband and we all came down with a bronchial infection that lasted 5-6 weeks. Had two doctor visits, antibiotics, steroids for lung congestion, codeine cough medicine, nasal spray, etc. and nothing really helped. I wonder how many other people on this cruise became infected. So much for constantly spraying our hands! :rolleyes:

I do thank you for this great review and for the pictures. You did a fabulous job of documenting the cruise and when people ask me about the trip I refer them to your review as it's much better than I could do myself. :)

Wow. Y'alls sounded much worse than mine. It was rough but I stayed away from the heavier meds. It did take some time to get over.

Thanks for your kind words on my review.

• 4 weeks later...

Stickman81 THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

While we will be on a completely different itinerary, my BF and I (potentially-husband to be) will be taking the Star for our honeymoon next year and staying in the stateroom exactly opposite 10072. I stumbled across your review while searching for details on the BA cabin and delighted that your photos and details of the ship were able to ignite the anticipation of my BF.

Thanks - hope you get to cruise again soon!! And congratulations on 25 years.

After reading your review and the reviews of others we booked the excursion for Maya Key. We were looking for an excursion with something for everyone. Traveling with a teen (15) and a toddler (3.5) is hard. The teen can enjoy the beach and snorkel and the toddler LOVES animals so I know she will enjoy seeing the animals. She is also more of pool girl and less of a beach girl so that will be good. My husband and I will enjoy all aspects of this excursion.

I loved your entire review and am looking very forward to our upcoming trip.

My husband and I celebrated our 11th anniversary on 11/11/11 on the Gem last year - so much fun.

Sailing on the Star on 5/6 with my sister - 7 days of girl time - bonding and relaxation. Can't wait - your review was awesome and lets me know that things are pretty similar on the Star to what I experienced on the Gem and in fact the menus are identical.

Very excited we are sailing out of NYC to Bermuda. Thank you for a fantastic review I loved it.

Hi

I would like to say thankyou for showing the photos and wrote the trip reports.

The photos look absolutely beautiful

And I will sailing with Spirit next year and saw your photos and it look beautiful too.. and love the Sunset photos too...;)

Scottishwee35

We went to dinner in Aqua on the first night at 1800.

We did miss seeing going under the bridge.

One of my favorite memories is going under the bridge in Tampa.

Even better going under the Verrazano. ;0)

This is one of the best written reviews I have ever seen on these boards. You are a better travel writer than most! And even though I don't have any current plan to sail on the Star I read it all.

Barb

P.S. Roni was very brave to snorkel even though she's not a swimmer and seeing all your pictures reminds me to take more on our next cruise.

Stickman81, loved your review! We are in 10076 (plus an inside across the hall) to Bermuda this summer, so nearly the same room on the other side of the ship. The kids really enjoyed seeing the detailed pictures! I am sold on the over-the-door caddie. DD(13) is not impressed with the bathroom, lol, but she'll get over it.

Laura

This is one of the best written reviews I have ever seen on these boards. You are a better travel writer than most! And even though I don't have any current plan to sail on the Star I read it all.

Barb

P.S. Roni was very brave to snorkel even though she's not a swimmer and seeing all your pictures reminds me to take more on our next cruise.

Thank you Barb for your kind words.

I really did enjoy writing about our trip to share with everyone here.

I am glad you enjoyed it and I will treasure your compliment for some time to come. :cool:

My husband and I celebrated our 11th anniversary on 11/11/11 on the Gem last year - so much fun.

Sailing on the Star on 5/6 with my sister - 7 days of girl time - bonding and relaxation. Can't wait - your review was awesome and lets me know that things are pretty similar on the Star to what I experienced on the Gem and in fact the menus are identical.

Very excited we are sailing out of NYC to Bermuda. Thank you for a fantastic review I loved it.

Wow Tricia - I love that you guys were able to do that with your 11th anniversary! Too Cool!

Thank you for your kind words. I am envious of the time you will spend on the Star and visiting Bermuda.

Safe Travels,

Jim

After reading your review and the reviews of others we booked the excursion for Maya Key. We were looking for an excursion with something for everyone. Traveling with a teen (15) and a toddler (3.5) is hard. The teen can enjoy the beach and snorkel and the toddler LOVES animals so I know she will enjoy seeing the animals. She is also more of pool girl and less of a beach girl so that will be good. My husband and I will enjoy all aspects of this excursion.

I loved your entire review and am looking very forward to our upcoming trip.

While I have no other exerience in the area to base my opinion on, I think you will really enjoy Maya Key. As you saw, there was something for most everyone and you are not "stuck" there. You have plenty of time to explore the entire island, relax and eat.

Did you book through a TA in Atlanta?

Thank you for the great review, and I want to let you know that it cost me $424.00. I just found a two-night cruise to nowhere on the Star for next weekend and was debating with myself about surprising my DH. You just talked me into it. Thanks!

Archived