Epic - Mandara Spa Chill Out Lounge $199/couple

jo-v

It was to me!! We had 3 sea days and I used it on those days and I also used it after we came back from our excursions. It's super busy at some times and people put their towels down on the loungers and heated chairs and I never saw them using them the whole hour I was in there.

It's really relaxing....plus when my husband and daughter were showering I would just go up there and shower.

I can't validate the exact price (thought I'd read here the price was now $119 p/p, no couples discount; hopefully someone else w/ recent Epic experience can help), but I can tell you what you get:

- access to the spa relaxation area, with regular and heated tile loungers, hot bub and thalassotherapy pool, saunas, steam room and balcony lounge area

- this area also has a tea/water service cart (minor detail, but nice if you're there a while)

If you use the area on a consistent basis the pass is probably worth it. It's usually a nice place to relax away from the crowds (though it can also be a bit crowded during peak hours).

YES

This is one of the BEST deals on Epic. The spa is amazing. We tried to go everyday but with the activities on board and the ports, we went 4 times I think. But it is so worth it. They have saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools, hot tubs, heated lounge chairs, all with hot tea and some of the best views on the ship.

The spa sells out esp on sea days. The couples pass sell out even before the ship sails. Go to the spa immediately after you board, get the tour, and get the couples pass. They dont have that many of them.

The Epic also has a balcony with several loungers, but these are almost always full of people sleeping in the sun. The saunas have incredible views of the ocean with floor to ceiling windows. Here are some pictures:

Regular loungers in the spa

1326-vi.jpg

One of the saunas

1328-vi.jpg

Relaxation lounge

1329-vi.jpg

Spa Balcony

1325-vi.jpg

Therapy pools

spa1-vi.jpg

spa-vi.jpg

OMG! This looks amazing! Does anyone know if there is a way to purchase the couples pass BEFORE cruising? Not seeing a way to do this on the my NCL area of their website. Thanks!

Unfortunately, NCL hasn't made that feature available, but it would be a nice option.

There will be a very inconspicuous table set up in the port "holding area" where you wait after check in to board the ship. Look for a table with a person just standing there with some brochures.

A young lady was at this table when we were waiting and since I was bored I walked up to see what she had and it was info about the spa...we signed up then and there.

Several other cruisers in later sailings also reported seeing this. There were two holding areas but just the one table so you may need to walk around.

Otherwise, go straight to the Spa upon boarding to get your passes. It was SO worth it for us. We never used the pools on deck, only the spa pool/ jacuzzi. My husband would snooze on the heated tile loungers. I thoroughly enjoyed the provided flavored teas while relaxing. The smell was good also as the steam rooms are herbal.

There was always an open bottle of some lovely lotion to use after a shower in the ladies locker room.

It is so worth the extra money...

Archived