what if ship is a day or two late

so lets say the ship is delayed due to a storm and does not return to pick me up for my cruise? and i miss the first 2 days of my cruise. what do they do about that? something else for me to worry about ? i need SOMETHING after all. ;-)

This ain't their first rodeo. The odds of that happening are much greater than a lot of other things I can think of.

It's rare but does occasionally happen. Usually they will refund you a pro-rate portion of the fare equal to what was missed if it was due to something out of their control like weather, strikes or a medical emergency. If you are from out of town, you would need to secure a hotel and pay for your meals and such, then file with your travel insurance for reimbursement of those additional expenses.

It really doesn't happen very often, though. I see stuff on here maybe a few times a year where ship is delayed coming into port.

My favorite thing when this happens is grabbing one of the canceled cabins. Many people feel that if they can't get 100% of their cruise, they would rather cancel and rebook than take whatever portion is left. This usually ends up in a lot of cabins about to go empty. When I see this happening and I have cash in the wallet, I'm on the phone to Carnival! I snagged a cabin on 4th of July weekend for $129 a person in 2010. We would have spent that on land anyway, and we had a much better time!!

My favorite thing when this happens is grabbing one of the canceled cabins. Many people feel that if they can't get 100% of their cruise, they would rather cancel and rebook than take whatever portion is left. This usually ends up in a lot of cabins about to go empty. When I see this happening and I have cash in the wallet, I'm on the phone to Carnival! I snagged a cabin on 4th of July weekend for $129 a person in 2010. We would have spent that on land anyway, and we had a much better time!!

Awesome idea! I wish I lived close enough to take advantage of that situation.

Didnt you and I do this?? I almost missed the ship, I was very lucky they let me on the Ecstasy when it got in 1 day late and did a 3 day cruise to nowhere.

Im not sure I would chance it again if I had to wait until 10 am the day of the cruise to book again.

That happened to me on the Nov. 6th sailing of the Pride. I checked in my hotel room in Baltimore, booted up my lap top and thanks to Cruise Critic, found out that the Pride was going to be a day late because of rough weather.

Also got an email from Carnival, and signed up for text messages from them.

I went right downstairs and checked in for another night

Thanks to my Travel Insurance, I am getting re reimbursed for my hotel room for the extra night, and meals.

My port fee was also put on my sign and sail card, plus the day I didn't get to cruise was returned to my charge card.

Melanie

Awesome idea! I wish I lived close enough to take advantage of that situation.

Yep! One of the many advantages to living only 90 minutes from a cruise port! Love it. Haven't had to fly to a port since 1997.

Didnt you and I do this?? I almost missed the ship, I was very lucky they let me on the Ecstasy when it got in 1 day late and did a 3 day cruise to nowhere.

Im not sure I would chance it again if I had to wait until 10 am the day of the cruise to book again.

Yes! I met you and a few other great CC folks on this cruise. They made us wait til the last minute too. We barely had time to pack and make our stop at the liquor store before heading down there. The weather was TERRIBLE driving down to port - stop & go traffic in some spots and raining. I was getting a little tense, but we made it in plenty of time. You had a much longer drive. I would have been an anxious mess if I had to drive as far as you did! But it was all worth it in the end. Didn't quite sink in that I was on a cruise til we had to attend the lifeboat drill cos it all happened so fast!

Really you are worried about this? What if it sinks when you are on it?????

happened here in Jax a few years ago and they had $99 cruises! I could not even get thru before it sold out!

You have to keep calling back and your timing has to be perfect -- right after someone else cancels their cabin. I started calling on Thursday I think and didn't get our cabin til Saturday morning.

so lets say the ship is delayed due to a storm and does not return to pick me up for my cruise? and i miss the first 2 days of my cruise. what do they do about that? something else for me to worry about ? i need SOMETHING after all. ;-)

Wow talk about a worrywart.icon7.gif Very rare for this to happen so why worry.

Archived