If you have time, could you help me plan my trip to the Bahamas???

BigZfan

I am starting to research a trip for myself (34 years old) and my mom (60 years old) to the Bahamas in April. I am looking at 3 or 4 night cruises. I am wondering if any particular cruise lines are more preferred by regulars.

I am looking at the following four options because they work in our schedules.

Carnival Imagination, Ports of Call: Departs From Miami, Florida visiting Nassau, Bahamas

Norwegian Sky, Ports of Call: Departs From Miami, Florida visiting Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas >> Nassau, Bahamas

Norwegian Sky, Ports of Call: Departs From Miami, Florida visiting Freeport, Grand Bahama Island >> Nassau, Bahamas >> Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas

Majesty of the Seas, Ports of Call: Departs From Miami, Florida visiting Nassau, Bahamas >> Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island) >> Key West, Florida

If anyone can share ideas or thoughts that would help me figure which trip to get that would be great. Basically we are looking to relax in the sun, enjoy the cruise ship and the beaches while reading books on our kindles. Maybe do some shopping and an historical tour. I would also love a snorkeling trip with the sharks.

I did post something similar on the Bahamas board, but I have only received 1 reply. I would like to hear from as many people as possible that can provide useful information to help me make a better educated decision. Therefore this post will be cross posted in the Carnival board, RCI board, and the NCL board. I don't want to stump on anyone toes by doing this, I just was to get as much information as possible and quickly as possible.

Thank you for your help.

I am starting to research a trip for myself (34 years old) and my mom (60 years old) to the Bahamas in April. I am looking at 3 or 4 night cruises. I am wondering if any particular cruise lines are more preferred by regulars.

I am looking at the following four options because they work in our schedules.

Carnival Imagination, Ports of Call: Departs From Miami, Florida visiting Nassau, Bahamas

Norwegian Sky, Ports of Call: Departs From Miami, Florida visiting Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas >> Nassau, Bahamas

Norwegian Sky, Ports of Call: Departs From Miami, Florida visiting Freeport, Grand Bahama Island >> Nassau, Bahamas >> Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas

Majesty of the Seas, Ports of Call: Departs From Miami, Florida visiting Nassau, Bahamas >> Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island) >> Key West, Florida

If anyone can share ideas or thoughts that would help me figure which trip to get that would be great. Basically we are looking to relax in the sun, enjoy the cruise ship and the beaches while reading books on our kindles. Maybe do some shopping and an historical tour. I would also love a snorkeling trip with the sharks.

I did post something similar on the Bahamas board, but I have only received 1 reply. I would like to hear from as many people as possible that can provide useful information to help me make a better educated decision. Therefore this post will be cross posted in the Carnival board, RCI board, and the NCL board. I don't want to stump on anyone toes by doing this, I just was to get as much information as possible and quickly as possible.

Thank you for your help.

From all that I've read the lines are more similar than they are different. For a short cruise I don't think that you could go far wrong with any of the listed choices. If you want a day or two at sea go with the Imagination (I haven't looked at the itinerary but am presuming they don't stay inport for the whole trip). If you'd like to see more islands choose one of the others. Personally I would probably go with the one offering the lowest fare for the time period that I needed. I have links to my review of the Sky in my signature.

Honestly, I am a carnival fan, however, the price is where it is at for me when it comes to the 3-4 day cruises. For me, it is all about price when cruising tot he Bahamas. Majesty of the Seas and Imagination can get as cheap as $139 with obc specials. The keywest/Miami venture is during the week, so you would have to get a lot of weekdays off if you are a m-f employee, but you can get those cruises for INSANE cheap. (Like 189-209 if you really look). Since I live in Florida, I have done these itineraries and love Majesty :) It is a quaint little ship. I am a teacher, so I try to do the weekend itineraries so I won't have to miss school days.

While I like Carnival and tend to sail with her the majority of time, I don't like the shorter cruises with Carnival. I am 61 and sail appx. 2 times a year. I have to fly as I live in Indiana so I feel the longer cruises are more cost effective.Just my opinion. Is there a reason for the shorter cruises? That being said. If I was only given the choices you gave I would pick the cruise with Coco Cay. I love the island (as I love the private island HMC with Carnival) I don't think that Carnival goes to HMC in April but if they did that would be my choice.

I travel with my girls--in their thirties--and we have all stated that we will never go on a 3 day with Carnival again. Just our feelings. Not our cup of tea. Too rowdy.

Have fun with your Mom. I used to cruise with my Mom and we had a blast.

Archived